watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

bitters away next year anyone?

Started by Scrumpy, September 12, 2010, 12:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...the Putney End holds away fans and 'neutrals'.

and about six thousand people...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 12, 2010, 05:20:58 PM
...the Putney End holds away fans and 'neutrals'.
And no shortage of Fulham LB.

and about six thousand people...

QPR

Under no illusions that we're gonna have a fight to get up. But I really don't think there's a great deal of quality in this division with most of the relegated sides seeming pretty weak especially compared to last season with Newcastle and West Brom.

Is the whole Putney End given to Chelsea?

Burt

Quote from: QPR on September 12, 2010, 03:42:50 PM
Out of interest - what happens when the dark side come to town regarding the neutral end. Does it stay neutral or is strictly the dark side only with police segregation etc, just wondering what would happen if we played you..?

Generally speaking they take the whole end, as do most of the "big" clubs when they come our way.

No such thing as a neutral when we play our neighbours :)

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: QPR on September 12, 2010, 06:24:49 PM
Under no illusions that we're gonna have a fight to get up. But I really don't think there's a great deal of quality in this division with most of the relegated sides seeming pretty weak especially compared to last season with Newcastle and West Brom.

Is the whole Putney End given to the dark side?
Dont think so (could be wrong) but it would certainly be 90% bluepoo. And they would have a fair few scattered around the ground as well, but they would at your place as well.

QPR

Sexcellent, sounds like we'd have a full contingent of Rangers. Hope to see you chaps soon.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: QPR on September 12, 2010, 06:51:51 PM
Sexcellent, sounds like we'd have a full contingent of Rangers. Hope to see you chaps soon.
Dont get too excited it's only early September.

QPR

Peabody

There,s me thinking I was on a Fulham Board, I am sure I pressed FOF.

QPR

Andy Crysell

Well said.   :clap_hands:

Quote from: Peabody on September 12, 2010, 08:07:36 PM
There,s me thinking I was on a Fulham Board, I am sure I pressed FOF.

TonyGilroy

I'm going to stir things up by saying I loved their late 60s Alec Stock managed team, hated their plastic pitch and actually enjoyed our 2 years at Loftus Road.

I think it's a great ground for atmosphere and we should be grateful to Rangers for letting us share.

That there are some moronic Rangers fans is certainly true but then we're not short in that department.

QPR

LRCN

hope qpr go up. our derby with chelsea is one way really, qpr would at least give us some fun and someone to compete with in the league. even the friendly a few years ago had a great atmosphere (from the fulham lot anyway)

peabody we've said before nothing wrong with other fans coming onto the board as long as they don't stir trouble.

QPR

Agreed with you there. The West London derby order of hate really is rather messed up. Jeremy and Humphrey down at the Bridge probably wouldn't even know what/who QPR is/are which is a sad enditement of their club today. Whilst the older bods clearly still feel the rivalry, they are far outnumbered by the post 2003 only folk who've never seen us play in the league. Sad really, but we can live in hope that the rivalry would be rekindled if we got up.

Scrumpy

Jeez, what have I started?!

QPR - To be honest, I would quite like you lot to come up, as long as it was for just one year only. I would enjoy a trip to The Bush and there would certainly be an extra edge to the home match with you lot. More fun than Wigan or Birmingham, that's for sure.

I know a few decent Rangers fans, but you do have an above-average share of cretins who still think we're in the 1980s. We don't need to 'segregate' the Putney End for any matches now, to my knowledge. Even when we play Spurs or Chelsea, there are plenty of Fulham fans who celebrate wildly when the ball goes in the net. As long as they are in the Neutral area, they are left well alone by any 'away' fans. This is how it should be but something tells me that any QPR match might be different. There are plenty of Rangers fans who would fancy a pop, and a small but determined group of Fulham fans who feel similar. :53:

Totally agree with you about the West London 'order of hate'. Modern CFC really don't give a monkies about us or you - it seems to be all about Spurs and West Ham from a hooligan perspective, and Arsenal and Man Utd from a football perspective. Still, one day, we will have our day of glory at The Bridge, and I hope to still be around to see it.

Rest assured that there are plenty of Whites fans keeping a very close eye on your results this year.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

QPR

I know that the neutral end is a good thing, and its great that it never seems to kick off (which does surprise me slightly). I know I'd find it hard to contain myself, vocally at least if I was right next to a Fulham fan when you scored a 95th minute winner. Has it never once kicked off?

Scrumpy

Quote from: QPR on September 12, 2010, 10:49:44 PM
I know that the neutral end is a good thing, and its great that it never seems to kick off (which does surprise me slightly). I know I'd find it hard to contain myself, vocally at least if I was right next to a Fulham fan when you scored a 95th minute winner. Has it never once kicked off?

There were plenty of worries when it was introduced. Most of us thought there'd be trouble. There were some isolated incidents in the early days, mostly in the gangways underneath the stand after the match itself, but as far as I'm aware, nothing too serious since. You need to remember 2 things.

1 - Any fanatical Fulham fan will not be in the Neutral End, they will have a Season Ticket in one of the other stands or a mate with a ST who can get 'em tickets. So those fans in the Neutral End are either Tourists, exiled Fulham fans who can only make 2-3 games a season, families/kids footbal clubs etc taking advantage of a discounted offer or genuine 'Neutrals' who just want to see Premiership football. Not the type to cause trouble.

2 - If you're sat next to an opposition fan you do adjust your behaviour accordingly. Sometimes it's the fence between the 2 sets of fans that creates the problem!

Having said all of that, I have never sat in the Neutral End and I don't think I could enjoy it. Horrible if you're losing, and you'd not feel able to celebrate properly if you were winning.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.