News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In all my years going Fulham Aluko is.........

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 20, 2017, 08:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: EastEndWhite on August 20, 2017, 06:02:43 PM
I suppose with the poor start to the season we need a scapegoat - and Aluko appears to be it at the moment.

If we were in the middle of October this thread would be pointless. But we have 2 weeks to sort out what looks like being a potential issue going forward. He has one year left on his contract, he's 29 and his stock will never be higher. Cash in now and buy someone who scores or put faith in what we have?

I don't think he's a scapegoat. We need to do what's best for the team. If that's keeping Aluko, I disagree but I wouldn't be up in arms about it. He's a talented player, I just think he's very over rated given his lack of end product and I've felt this way for months now. And we also have more options rather than being reliant on him last year. Sess is a year older, Kebano ready from the off as opposed to being cold turkey until Feb, Ojo and Kamara too. The need to play him in every game is much less and as with everything in life, when you want to take the next step you look to improve. If we had kept Micky Adams team together in the old Div 2 and Micky as manager would they have been able to take us to the next level? Imo Aluko's finishing or lack of it will put a ceiling over how far we can go.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bumpy

He's got the ability he just doesn't have the head.  It's psychological and Slav should be on it.

That said, the Khan/Kline duo will probably sell him to Cardiff where he'll start banging them in for Colin W@nker.

Wearethewhites

I suppose with the poor start to the season we need a scapegoat - and Aluko appears to be it at the moment.

Not at all, his finishing has been uttter toilet, and continues to be, bad start to the season or not. People aren't making him a 'scapegoat' as you claim, they're merely discussing it, on a football forum, about football - funnily enough.

St Eve

A lot of interesting opinions on SA. However, the worst player on the pitch yesterday was Cairney

Matt10

Aluko is gifted, and produces some stunning play. The problem is he also has too many lapses in concentration. It costs us too many times. A simple through ball, a simple pass, a simple finish.

Woolly Mammoth

Where did this Goat escape from ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

I for one would be happy if he was sold. Especially for 5mill+

His finishing is woefull. That header on the 6 yard line over the goal... wow.

Kebano wasn't only on for a bit and he tested the keeper with a good shot.

Time to sell up
I was there, standing in the Putney end