watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hahaha Everton song for Rooney.

Started by FatFreddysCat, September 12, 2010, 10:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

I didn't know Rooneys son's name was Kai , but the Everton fans were planning to sing "No Woman no Kai " to the tune of Bob Marley's no woman no cry. Superb stuff  :54:

Andy Crysell

Morning Fredster.  Yeah, when fans get a good chant, it's great innit!

I remember about 10 years ago I went to Arsenal/Leicester at Highbury (I know, I know!). Anyway, it was early 2nd half and Leicester were getting tonked 4 or 5 nil.  During a lull in the 'atmosphere', Leicester's few hundred fans chanted very weakly: "Come on Leicester, come on Leicester".  Then, miraculously, Leicester had an attack, so all the Arse fans chanted: "Come on Leicester, come on Leicester".

I went to their new ground a few seasons ago (with the same mate) to see our lot - under Dirty Sanchez, unfortunately. Impressive ground, but just souless bowl.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Andy Crysell on September 12, 2010, 10:28:41 AM
Morning Fredster.  Yeah, when fans get a good chant, it's great innit!

I remember about 10 years ago I went to Arsenal/Leicester at Highbury (I know, I know!). Anyway, it was early 2nd half and Leicester were getting tonked 4 or 5 nil.  During a lull in the 'atmosphere', Leicester's few hundred fans chanted very weakly: "Come on Leicester, come on Leicester".  Then, miraculously, Leicester had an attack, so all the Arse fans chanted: "Come on Leicester, come on Leicester".

I went to their new ground a few seasons ago (with the same mate) to see our lot - under Dirty Sanchez, unfortunately. Impressive ground, but just souless bowl.

Yeah i was at that game, i thought we was in for a promising season after a good performance, 2-1 the Arse if i remember rightly with two late goals from them. How wrong can you be eh? I still love the "He beats his wife " song for Holdsworth, you could see him getting rattled .

blingo

jarv

I was in the Hammersmith end way bak, Shilton in goal...the papers reported his wife had been playing away. Can't remember the song of the day but the chant was along the lines of 'where's the missus today"  I think it was the day Mullery scored that wonder goal.

Mike

There was a game I think it was Spurs v Sheff Utd.
The Spurs fans sang going down, going down, going down, etc
The Sheffield Utd fans countered..so are we, so are we etc.
Priceless, even the spurs fans clapped.
1879 a good year for football

The Rock

Not to change the topic, but watched the L'pool match on the telly and besides Reina Konch was one of the best on the pitch before being taken off. Yawn of a match though. L'pool will struggle to make Europe with performances like that.

Burt

Quote from: Mike on September 12, 2010, 05:44:32 PM
There was a game I think it was Spurs v Sheff Utd.
The Spurs fans sang going down, going down, going down, etc
The Sheffield Utd fans countered..so are we, so are we etc.
Priceless, even the spurs fans clapped.

Pretty sure we chanted that at Derby in our "great escape" season...!