watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa should be Embarrassed

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, August 22, 2017, 09:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Slavisa should be ashamed! I'm a massive fan of his and he did amazing last season. But today, I don't care if he was trying to make a point to the board, us fans have paid and gone along to support the team and clearly the team didn't care about the game at all! Slav certainly didn't, why he didn't make more subs when you have a strong bench and you're 1 down to a poor league 1 side.

The players that we have signed simply don't look good enough with the only two that actually looked good today being the two no one expects to make the first team, Djalo and Cisse. The rest of the side was awful. Ojo put in potentially the worst debut I have seen for a long time. Kamara looks clueless and his header at the end was a shocking miss. Norwood made some nice passes but didn't create anything too much. Kebano couldn't beat his man or cross either! We are in for a long hard season! Losing to a lower league team like that is demoralising and let's be honest I think the atmosphere at the club looks to be getting worse and worse by the day! Something needs to change big time! If the rumours are true Khan wants to go then let him or he needs to start backing the manager as Slav clearly isn't happy with him!

Absolute shambles! Sorry rant over now!

Lighthouse

Nothing wrong with the players coming in. He just isn't a very good coach when he looks bored and disinterested. No team is as bad as putting the ball on target. Second half on Saturday and tonight. That is down to practice. I wonder if our coach even cares. He has a reputation of not staying at clubs. Can't keep on blaming the players when he picks the team and they all look lacking in urgency.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woodlawn

100% agree,he looks as though he didn't want to be here tonight.And he must now do something positive.He surely knows now he has no strength in depth with that lot tonight

SG

These are decent players. Norwood for example was good enough for a promotion winning team last year. Look at the coach and his team for the reason for this failure

aaronmcguigan

"We want to keep going in this competition. It's normal at the start of the season that in 21 days we must play seven games. I am going to make changes and I am going to use some young players.

"I am going to try and test some new players more. The target is to be competitive, the target is to win the game, and we must be focused to be successful.

"It's a chance to build our confidence and to be ready for everything that comes after this game."

-compare the way we played, the manner in which we seemed to not care etc, to his pre match comments..

Chutney

Sign rubbish players get rubbish results, Slav isn't going to turn to water to wine unfortunately.
C O Y W

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Chutney on August 23, 2017, 07:55:15 AM
Sign rubbish players get rubbish results, Slav isn't going to turn to water to wine unfortunately.

Which player/s is rubbish?

JoelH5

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 09:32:27 AM

Which player/s is rubbish?

I think the majority of players we have signed are actually pretty good. Tonight was down to a lack of motivation and poor tactics. We have to start getting more shots off from outside the box etc when teams want to stick 10 men behind the ball.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hovewhite

No positive vibes from SJ at all this season and this always transfers downwards.

Mince n Tatties

I've said it before and got laughed at.
The majority of players from the lower half of French n Portuguese leagues are equivalent to our League 1.
And that was proved last night,given the runaround by League 1 players...
Yes of course there are some decent ones,but majority
aren't.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2017, 09:43:14 AM

I've said it before and got laughed at.
The majority of players from the lower half of French n Portuguese leagues are equivalent to our League 1.
And that was proved last night,given the runaround by League 1 players...
Yes of course there are some decent ones,but majority
aren't.

So your talking about Kamara and that's it..? Braga has been in Europe every year since 2004... and Fonte played in the Quarter finals of the Europa League so you cant be on about him. Standard Liege is in Belguim. Brighton isn't in France. Neither is Liverpool. Nor Chelsea - that's actually in Fulham - where we are.  Do we need to revisit geography lessons? I think you were quite rightly laughed at. I'm lauighing at you now.

Andy S

Total over reaction on 'this board. You cannot put a decent team together in two weeks

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Andy S on August 23, 2017, 09:51:34 AM
Total over reaction on 'this board. You cannot put a decent team together in two weeks

+1 but I would add 'as usual'

Lighthouse

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 09:52:46 AM

You can put a decent team together because we did  over the first three and a half matches. Four and a half including the last cup game. But the second half on Saturday and last night seemed to be crying out for some decisive coaching expertise. Second half on Saturday, the changes made the team look worse. Last night no attempt to change things at all. That just seems concerning without any need to over react.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MaidenheadMick

Apart from Malone going, this is the same squad of players that finished last season like an express train. Add 2 or 3 signings and the wheels have come off completely. Wether or not these newbies were Jokas choices or not, the plain fact is the players don't look interested. Aluko, Fredericks, The entire midfield just going through the motions and that is down to the manager im afraid. Something fundamentally wrong behind the scenes

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2017, 10:10:17 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 09:52:46 AM

You can put a decent team together because we did  over the first three and a half matches. Four and a half including the last cup game. But the second half on Saturday and last night seemed to be crying out for some decisive coaching expertise. Second half on Saturday, the changes made the team look worse. Last night no attempt to change things at all. That just seems concerning without any need to over react.

i think we can be concerned once we've lost to Ipswich. Personally, I think we will see a good result and will be top half looking towards a international break to treat Cairney's/others injuries.

Nero

Even since we swapped to 433 against Reading at the end of last season we've been toothless he needs to change the formation and get a player to stay in the box not all this he can play anywhere across the top 3 and have no one to put the ball in the back of the net.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Nero on August 23, 2017, 12:09:59 PM
Even since we swapped to 433 against Reading at the end of last season we've been toothless he needs to change the formation and get a player to stay in the box not all this he can play anywhere across the top 3 and have no one to put the ball in the back of the net.

??? 433 got us into the playoffs.

JoelH5

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

The formation isn't the problem it's the last ball.

The last ball into the box always seems to be overhit or go astray
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 23, 2017, 12:15:45 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

The formation isn't the problem it's the last ball.

The last ball into the box always seems to be overhit or go astray

Tend to agree but I also think we are often too slow delivering that pass into the box. We delay things a bit too much.  We have so many players with pace but seem to waste it in the final third.  Perhaps we will look more incisive as the players gel and our midfield trio get fitter.