watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slav happy to get beaten ?

Started by FulhamStu, August 22, 2017, 10:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Poor result, can't score to save our lives, lack of creativity.
Why ?   

2nd string Players not good enough to beat a poor div1 side or the coach happy to get knocked out due to so many games in Sept ?  Maybe both ?

The team tonight was almost entirely new 2nd string players and under 23 's or younger apart form these guys.

Madl, Betts, Kebano who are unlikely to have made a case for a return to the 1st team.  Very dissaponted with Ojo who did not seem to get involved.  That midfield today was way below what we require.  Maybe Aluko is more important than we think ?

Bill2

Have to agree with this, yet again a whole match without having the keeper to make a save. Our finishing is rubbish, can't even find the target.

I know they parked the bus as soon as they scored but apart from  Kamara's chance in the last few minutes, which he put wide, we didn't make him make a single save. Every shot on target was one I could have probably saved.

tslyon

Couldn't agree more!

Cheers,

Steve

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 22, 2017, 10:18:13 PM
Poor result, can't score to save our lives, lack of creativity.
Why ?   

2nd string Players not good enough to beat a poor div1 side or the coach happy to get knocked out due to so many games in Sept ?  Maybe both ?

The team tonight was almost entirely new 2nd string players and under 23 's or younger apart form these guys.

Madl, Betts, Kebano who are unlikely to have made a case for a return to the 1st team.  Very dissaponted with Ojo who did not seem to get involved.  That midfield today was way below what we require.  Maybe Aluko is more important than we think ?

Agree with you apart from Betts, made a fantastic reflex save first half and was basically a spectator 2nd half, not sure what else he could of done to get back in the first team.

Woolly Mammoth

The managers body language, demeanour, attitude and lack of enthusiasm tells me all is not well, maybe he realises he cannot do the job with the players he has been given by the Z team.
Couple that with the lack of motivation amongst some of the incoming players who also like the manager do not look interested. 
Is the manager getting his points across in his broken English. Is he a good communicator when things go Pear shaped. Is there a divide behind the scenes between people.
Jok clearly is not a happy man.
His whole manner reminds me very much of Martin Jols in the last few weeks he was here.
The acceptance that he wants to be elsewhere and has no desire to stick it out.
Of course we could go to Portman Road and achieve maximum points and all will be better, but will it really. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Sounds like the way of the game v sheff wed only a set of different players.
WHAT is happening in the club off the pitch?

Berserker

Quote from: hovewhite on August 23, 2017, 06:56:02 AM
Sounds like the way of the game v sheff wed only a set of different players.
WHAT is happening in the club off the pitch?
Yes I wondered that. Seems something's not quite right.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Robbie

To me Slav realises he has little control over much. He doubtless has TK breathing down his neck, and probably wants out.

Equally, TK and team may have decided that they want someone new.

I agree on the communication point.... his English is not getting better and we now have even more non English speakers.

RaySmith

Has he not just signed a new contract?

I'm sure he feels under pressure, because of recent results, and thus looks stressed. He normally looks miserable anyway.

Possibly, he didn't want to risk injury to first team players because Saturday's league game now seems so important, so he didn't bring on more attacking experience, as might be expected,  to try to score when we looked like  losing the game.

We had good players in the side, but quite a few were new, and youngsters - this seemed more than last season, when we played with an experienced core to the side. I these games - even against Wycombe in the last round.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Robbie on August 23, 2017, 07:32:06 AM
To me Slav realises he has little control over much. He doubtless has TK breathing down his neck, and probably wants out.

Can you specify what makes you say this?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

KingofCheese

Gosh, what a lot of misery on here and filling in gaps with doom and gloom. Yes we have lost two games and yes we haven't started well but we have lots of new players and joined them up with some kids and second string players and now it's Joka wanted to leave etc. Let's see where we are after ten games.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: PokerMatt on August 23, 2017, 08:39:04 AM
Quote from: Robbie on August 23, 2017, 07:32:06 AM

Can you specify what makes you say this?

Bubbles most likely...his post is pure bubbles.

grandad

I think the Sheffield Wednesday manager is feeling worse. He fielded a stronger side than played us last night & they lost to Bolton.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: grandad on August 23, 2017, 09:48:13 AM
I think the Sheffield Wednesday manager is feeling worse. He fielded a stronger side than played us last night & they lost to Bolton.

I think if Carvahal's heart isnt in it he needs to leave.

FulhamStu

The big difference this season to last so far is that our a team are not fit.  Cairney, KMac and StefJo are not 100% and TC is carrying a knock.

Slav used the cup to blood new players and give the kids a chance. 

My issue is the poor showing of some new players, esp Ojo who is highly rated, to some extent Kamara who I think is going to take a while to play as we want him too and even maybe for Fulham to learn to play to his strengths.

Cisse and Norwood are decent backups but not good enough for 1st regular starts if we are to be a promo chasing side whilst Fonte on first look gives us hope and the left back Soares sounds very promising.

We really could do with 2 more players, a striker and central defender who could be starters to make a difference.  The dissapointing thing so far is only 1 or 2 of the new guys at this stage look like they can push us forward.