watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referee last night

Started by Allestree andy, August 23, 2017, 08:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

Just thought i would throw this into the mix, the incident in the second half where A.K was pushed to the ground by their defender with the ball still in play in the goalies hand,as a referee myself that should have been a penalty to us. For  these reasons:-
1 Anywhere else on the field and it would have been a free-kick.
2 As its in the penalty area the same thing applies.
3 Why start with a drop ball, it was a blantent foul so should have been a penalty.
From my point of view it was an inept performance from a referee who was should have yellow carded their player for a high feet in the first half, as for the goal it was a foul on our player, but he decided otherwise.
i am so disalousioned with the whole state of the referees in both this league and the premier, that after 25 years of refereeing i am throwing it in, if i had done the same on either a saturday or sunday i would have been heavley marked down by an assessor.
wonder if he will.
To the limit and beyond

Allestree andy

Also another thing to bear in mind, he was the one who gave a penalty to burnley in the match the season they went up, fro no apparent reason everyone was getting set up for the corner, and he decided it was a penalty, even the burnley players didnt know where to look.
To the limit and beyond

snarks

I did have a problem with the ref last night. There should have been a booking for the foot up on Madle and the foul on Kamara on half way. The push on Kamara in the box was a nothing, but a booking none the less, there was a definite foul on Madl for a pen. All in all he was poor but that was a game Fulham should have won despite the referee

Mince n Tatties

The foot up on Madl yes,but don't let's start referee conspiracies against us,its rearing its head after every game now....Maybe the team needs to man up a bit..Coyw

Fulham 442

bobbo

Agree no ref conspiracies but the standard is not just bad but bordering on appalling .when I was refereeing I'd point out to players when they moaned I didn't make anywhere near the amount of mistake they made but it has gone in reverse now. Last nights officials made plenty and not all of them against us.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2017, 08:21:57 AM
The foot up on Madl yes,but don't let's start referee conspiracies against us,its rearing its head after every game now....Maybe the team needs to man up a bit..Coyw

This. We should have won the game even if the ref was a QPR fan.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Bill2

I find I am getting more and more frustrated over the standard of refereeing. I have come to the conclusion that I don't understand the rules/laws any more and what constitutes a red or yellow card. On Saturday Kevin Mc got a yellow for a professional foul in the middle of the pitch, in the second half a Sheffield player does the same thing but no card. Yesterday in the first half one of their players does a professional foul, but again no card.

On Saturday a player clatters into Ryan Sess in the second half and the ref gives a free kick to them. Why?

It seems there are different rules for us, or am I being paranoid.

bobbo

Bill you're not being paranoid,
They are very inconsistent and also very incompetent .
On top of that they and the all powerful FA have an impenetrable wall around them and don't seem to be accountable , despite the misgivings and the amount of damage they bring upon the receivers.
We get very wound up with the poor standard , but rest assured we're not being singled out.

Bill2

Thanks Bobbo, to cap it all I was talking to a Reading fan today and even he said they were lucky not to have one of their players sent off that match.

When are we going get the benefit of some of these dodgy decisions.

Milo

I thought the goal looked offside actually

grandad

I believe clubs have to submit a report on the referees performance. What action is taken if the report shows gross negligence in applying the correct interpretation of the rules.
Swept under the carpet I expect. That carpet must have a huge bulge in the middle.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ffcne

Quote from: Allestree andy on August 23, 2017, 08:09:55 AM
Also another thing to bear in mind, he was the one who gave a penalty to burnley in the match the season they went up, fro no apparent reason everyone was getting set up for the corner, and he decided it was a penalty, even the burnley players didnt know where to look.
He only gave that penalty to Burnley because Joey Barton was virtually refereeing the game for him in his ear the whole game and pleaded with him for the penalty.Another scumbag player who gets a job in the media along with the likes of Savage and Mills .

toshes mate

Mr Whitestone is an average referee, where the average is pretty low down the scale.  However, I don't believe Fulham's results this season would have been much different with other referees in charge.  We should know what to expect from opponents and referees by now and have the courage to play our football so well that there is little chance of a lottery affecting results wherever and whoever we play.  I think the Birmingham (away) and Reading play off games last season were the only games where the referees were so blatantly awful it influenced the results.  I would include the Kebano (non-goal) incident in the list but the decision on that was really down to the assistant.  That is not to say any referees I have seen for a while now have been good, because they haven't been.  Average shouldn't be good enough for league football but sadly it is.

bobbo

Watch last nights goal very offside. Useless linesman.

grandad

Quote from: bobbo on August 23, 2017, 09:20:37 PM
Watch last nights goal very offside. Useless linesman.
Watched it many times & paused it the moment the pass was made. Stone wall offside.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Milo

Didn't even need to pause. I yelled it at my iPad when watching the highlights the first time round!

We've been unlucky haven't we with referees jeez. Need to get some professionals in.

Andy S

30 years ago referees made mistakes and they still do it today. It's not deliberate it is because they are human. The refereeing standard has risen however players are conning refs to a much higher degree than they were before. The game has gotten faster and the refs have not kept up with the pace. Until we have more video footage of matches nothing will change