watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Djalo how did he play?

Started by bog, August 23, 2017, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

How did this Djalo play last night? I saw he at Wycombe and I am not sure.

092.gif

Marcel_Gecov

I personally thought he played well, was relatively solid except for comedic moment. I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as people make out and could see him making 10+ appearances this year in the league as he settles in. That being sad, I could also see him going on loan in Jan.

rweller86

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 11:42:43 AM
I personally thought he played well, was relatively solid except for the comedic moment. I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as people make out and could see him making 10+ appearances this year in the league as he settles in. That being said, I could also see him going on loan in Jan.
I thought he had an okay game. Not sure he would be good enough with the ball at his feet like Kalas and Ream.
@rweller

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: rweller86 on August 23, 2017, 11:44:14 AM
I personally thought he played well, was relatively solid except for the comedic moment. I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as people make out and could see him making 10+ appearances this year in the league as he settles in. That being said, I could also see him going on loan in Jan.
I thought he had an okay game. Not sure he would be good enough with the ball at his feet like Kalas and Ream.

he's clearly a backup and I cant see him ever being a starter for us. I actually think he looks more like a defensive midfielder than a CB.

rweller86

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 11:45:49 AM

he's clearly a backup and I cant see him ever being a starter for us. I actually think he looks more like a defensive midfielder than a CB.
He's certainly a unit.
@rweller

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: rweller86 on August 23, 2017, 11:46:21 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 11:45:49 AM

Id be keen to see him start at a lesser championship team to see how he gets on... but equally it's a bit of a gamble.

He's certainly a unit.

bobbo

pretty good and was also the same at wycombe.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Peabody

He wasn't bad Bog, in what was a lacklustre team performance, he was one of the few standouts.

Have to say that Oliver Norwood, who has been not bad up till now, was not very good  last night.

toshes mate

I would like to judge all the newbies when the team is firing on all cylinders rather than spluttering backwards in reverse and water in the petrol.  It would be tough for anyone new to make the desired impact unless they have a truly solid temperament and self confidence that overcomes all else.  Fonte may have that in buckets already and I hope he at least comes good sooner rather than later.

bog

Thank you gentleman. Let's hope we get the show on the road soon, I think he will remain as back up.

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

The guy did ok, I am not sure I would try him as a starter in the League for the time being. We need a step up from him, with due respect.
Hence the reason why it's imperative we bring in another CB before the Window closes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on August 23, 2017, 03:35:27 PM
Thank you gentleman. Let's hope we get the show on the road soon, I think he will remain as back up.

092.gif

Unfortunately for the time being, this show on the road has lost a wheel, and whoever invented the wheel needs to be contacted asap, and sent our Post Code, because time is of the essence.

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 23, 2017, 03:46:41 PM

092.gif

Unfortunately for the time being, this show on the road has lost a wheel, and whoever invented the wheel needs to be contacted asap, and sent our Post Code, because time is of the essence.

We've lost one meaningful game this season. One. Last season at this point Newcastle (who won the league) had lost two games and we hadn't lost any. It literally means nothing. The hyperbole is irritaing.

Bill2

Thought he was OK defending but poor going forward and distribution was poor, but he was not alone in that. I was hoping for better from Oliver Norwood after what I had read on here.

But it was a team of reserves, so playing badly needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Had they been playing with the first team would having better quality players around them take some pressure of.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 03:54:08 PM

092.gif

We've lost one meaningful game this season. One. Last season at this point Newcastle (who won the league) had lost two games and we hadn't lost any. It literally means nothing. The hyperbole is irritaing.

Then don't read it, take an asprin and relax.

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 23, 2017, 04:30:15 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 03:54:08 PM

092.gif

Then don't read it, take an asprin and relax.

???