watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Booing & Moaning

Started by BedsFFC, August 25, 2017, 11:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Booing never helps anything unless we want to get rid of something.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 25, 2017, 01:54:05 PM
If you don't support us when we lose 1-0 to Bristol Rovers, you don't deserve to support us when we draw 0-0 to Ipswich

Have you been told that's the score tomorrow?
I'd better get down bookies.

snarks

Didn't hear anyone boo O'Rilley personally, there were groans of frustration with him not shooting once, and at his mis-hit cross in the last minute. For 16 he was phenomenal.

Fulham 442

I get frustrated with the team as much as anyone and although I am not hitting the panic button just yet I confess my finger is hovering and I am not as laid back about our woeful start to the season as much as some Fulham fans on here.  I think there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes for us to be performing as badly as we are.  However to get back on topic I will never personally boo the team.  I just don't think it is achieves anything positive.  If they know they are playing/have played a rubbish game how is their own fans turning on them going to help?  As someone pointed out on this thread it is not as if we are the most vocal supporters anyway so I think it would seem even worse if the only time we are heard is when we are booing them!

Woolly Mammoth

I am not into booing anyone, unless it was Sepp Blatter.
But my wife Boos me every time I wake up in the morning.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 25, 2017, 06:35:04 PM

Your lucky mines Boos me when I get in bed beside her.

Berserker

I booed Mcgrath, I sang we want our club back at Reading away when he was our manager.
I wouldn't boo normally and don't

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MrD1879

Sorry but when the players put in such a shocking peformance and I would question effort on some parts as they did against Wednesday then bar Ream and Kalas run down the tunnel at 100 miles and hour after the whistle then they deserve it.

Is it big no is it clever no and does it inspire the players no but it's a natural reaction and to condemn it I would say is wrong as it is a heat of the moment reaction of passion

keithh

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 25, 2017, 07:09:32 PM

Yes, me too (sorry, couldn't let that pass).

Finnegans Wake

Anyone Booing at this stage of the season hasn't got a clue.

Twig

Quote from: keithh on August 25, 2017, 08:15:43 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 25, 2017, 07:09:32 PM

Yes, me too (sorry, couldn't let that pass).

I was at the game and don't think there was quite the "lack of effort" that some are accusing them of.  We now know for example that Aluko is carrying an injury so slating him was a bit misguided. Sorry but booing our team is just plain wrong.
Boo bad owners or a really bad manager, even one individual player if there is serious justification (can't think of many in the last 40 years), but booing the team? NO.

Plodder

I didn't boo, and I don't think there was much booing, just general restlessness, groans and exasperation, especially at the one dimensional tactic of firing passes to Kebano on the left wing - which was poorly executed and wasn't effective anyway.   I would liked to have registered in some way my displeasure with Jokanovic for fielding such a weak team, and for refusing to use substitutes to to rescue us.  Whilst I would not boo a young player like Matt O'Reilly, let's not go to the other extreme and praise him as phenomenal or a potential world beater or the next Michael Carrick, as I have seen on here and on The Fulham Independent.  It was a satisfactory performance for a player of his age, and I hope he gains some confidence as a result and learns from the experience, but on the night he didn't do anything exceptional, so let's not saddle him with too much expectation, as we did with Justin Skinner, Peter Scott etc.

EJL

"As to individual players, Norwood and Ojo in particular seem to both think they're Pirlo but look more like Pike "

I don't get how you can come to this conclusion. How did you interpret a perceived arrogance from the players mentioned, especially Ojo?

Also a team losing to inferior opposition doesn't automatically mean the lesser talented players wanted the result more by default. This ignores other factors such as form, tactics, off days and, dare I say, the influence of a home support that groan when a 16-year-old misplaces as pass.