That's more like it!

Started by Marcel_Gecov, August 26, 2017, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Good result. Much better. COYW!

peaty

I think the season just started.

ChesterTheTabby

Bring on Cardiff, time to scalp the Blue Birds and begin our resurgence to the top of the table.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

Come on You Super Whites- great  stuff 082.gif 049:gif

Lighthouse

International break so hopefully whatever Fonte pulled or strained will mend in time. Very much like the old days of last season. Dominated the ball, had chances and didn't win as easily as we should have done. But best performance so far? I know that the fans who said we had played poor teams this season despite last seasons results will now tell me how poor Ipswich were.

But I think it has been a very tough start and other than the second half last week and the cup game that followed. We have done ok. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Quote from: Statto on August 26, 2017, 05:31:24 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 26, 2017, 05:09:57 PM
International break so hopefully whatever Fonte pulled or strained will mend in time. Very much like the old days of last season. Dominated the ball, had chances and didn't win as easily as we should have done. But best performance so far? I know that the fans who said we had played poor teams this season despite last seasons results will now tell me how poor Ipswich were.

Agreed with you until the last sentence. Look at the Norwich result today if you still think a draw against them was a decent result. But for us Today was a good win over a strong team.

Millwall had 28% possession, had 5 shots on target & scored 4. Stats really don´t mean a jot.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Quote from: grandad on August 26, 2017, 05:38:35 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 26, 2017, 05:31:24 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 26, 2017, 05:09:57 PM

Agreed with you until the last sentence. Look at the Norwich result today if you still think a draw against them was a decent result. But for us Today was a good win over a strong team.

Millwall had 28% possession, had 5 shots on target & scored 4. Stats really don´t mean a jot.

I have already been told somewhere else how poor Ipswich were and how many injury problems they had. In the Championship especially I don't think we can take head to heads too literally. Look at Boro only drawing and playing poorly. So much so they should have lost today. Barnsley beating Sunderland and as mentioned Millwall. Today was a great result in isolation. Hopefully will give the team and Fonte especially masses of confidence. See what the week brings in the window and then we will know what squad we have to actually push on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCFOREVER

Yep yep yep!! That is more like it and I think we have now actually started.Players fitness coming back etc.COYW