watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2017-18 Champtionship Projected table, form, gaps and pts needed

Started by MJG, August 27, 2017, 08:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Thanks Mike.  Your work, time and dedication on these stats is greatly appreciated by me.  Thank you.

BestOfBrede

Agree with the last two posts
Very time consuming I would imagine.
Very enjoyable read and a very big thanks to you MJG

HV71

Take a well deserved bow Mike ( not in your nature I think ) but at least accept a huge thank you and please don't disappear again.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

S.F.Sorrow

Yes, huge thanks for this thread! I've been following it all season, always looking forward to the next update. Almost like waiting for the football results in the paper, before the internet. :54:

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on May 07, 2018, 10:38:21 AM
Mike,

I know it's a labour of love and quite time-consuming but I am sure I speak on behalf of most of us here in thanking you for taking time out to post this data. I for one have valued it over the past few months.

As you say, lady-luck permitting, next time around it will be in a new division :)

:plus one:

MJG

Cheers everyone for the nice comments.

My one regret is I did not get to produce my all singing all dancing "The Chase" image if we had overtaken Cardiff.

Till next season  :wine:
Just the views of a long term fan

lamby

Big thanks from me.

Hopefully we plot the games to get to 40 points but we can throw it away by Xmas [emoji3]

MJG

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2018, 04:58:54 PM
Well I won't need these figures again.

No, but I for one -- and there are dozens of others who'll agree with me -- appreciate all the creative nerdism it took to keep us informed as we went along.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

F(f)CUK

So next year are you showing us the gap to the Champions League or to the magical 40pt target? Thanks from someone who has followed this page after every match this season.

MJG

Quote from: F(f)CUK on May 28, 2018, 09:35:05 AM
So next year are you showing us the gap to the Champions League or to the magical 40pt target? Thanks from someone who has followed this page after every match this season.
I have just created the sheet and target is to stay up firstly, but could all change of course  :54:

One thing I have noticed is how entrenched and harder that top 7 has got points wise.
On average from 1995-2011 top 7 places had a total of 481 points between them, next 5 years 499 points and last 5 years 514

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on May 29, 2018, 10:01:57 AM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on May 28, 2018, 09:35:05 AM
I have just created the sheet and target is to stay up firstly, but could all change of course  :54:

One thing I have noticed is how entrenched and harder that top 7 has got points wise.
On average from 1995-2011 top 7 places had a total of 481 points between them, next 5 years 499 points and last 5 years 514

Interesting figures, the gap widens.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffc73

Does not surprise me Mike.  I have long thought finishing 7th is winning the second tier of the Premier League.  It is the top 6 and the rest.  Instead of 24 teams starting the season with aspirations for 3 promotion places we move to 14 teams fighting to avoid 3 relegation spots.

That said, the Premiership is where we have fought to get back to and we should go there to compete.  051

I look forward to see next seasons charts plotting our survival and assault on 7th and a Europa spot  049:gif