watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 28, 2017, 08:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Glad he has pulled out of international duty to get himself fit.
If you were at the game Saturday with the humidity like it was and that, Tom was out on his feet last 10 mins.

bog

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 28, 2017, 08:29:22 AM
Glad he has pulled out of international duty to get himself fit.
If you were at the game Saturday with the humidity like it was and that, Tom was out on his feet last 10 mins.

:plus one:

092.gif

westcliff white

TC has also revealed he had to gave an injection prior to the game, makes good sense all round not to go, better for Scotland and definitely better for us
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamben

Isn't there a rule that states you can't play in next game if you pull out of international duty. Or am I'm making it up
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham 442

Thankfully Ben I don't think that is correct.  I know a while ago there was talk about FIFA banning players for two games if they refused a call up but that was if they were fit  and just didn't want to play, nothing to do with an injured player.  So glad Tom has withdrawn and got his priorities right!!

e4b

Don't think so.What if you have a slight injury and need 10 days to fully recover?Or are you not talking about pulling out because of injury?

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2017, 10:17:07 AM
Isn't there a rule that states you can't play in next game if you pull out of international duty. Or am I'm making it up
there is a rule for that if you don't release the player, we did release Tom and Scotland saw sense to allow him to withdraw as they could see he wasn't fit enough. They are looking long term which is very good.
Every day is a Fulham day

Southcoastffc

Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 08:43:22 AM
TC has also revealed he had to gave an injection prior to the game, makes good sense all round not to go, better for Scotland and definitely better for us
I remember Roy Hodgson saying when with us that fans generally have no idea about the state of players' fitness, that as the season progresses the number in a match day squad who are not nursing knocks/strains or who aren't carrying injuries could be counted on the fingers of one hand.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

This injury that Cairney is carrying is worrying, it has been with him all season and you get the feeling he could break down at any time.

Tom was always a target for heavy tackles and you can now bet that he will get special attention from opponents right from the start of games now.

grandad

Quote from: filham on August 28, 2017, 12:42:04 PM
This injury that Cairney is carrying is worrying, it has been with him all season and you get the feeling he could break down at any time.

Tom was always a target for heavy tackles and you can now bet that he will get special attention from opponents right from the start of games now.

Surely refs can see when a player is being targeted unfairly. I am not asking for special treatment but refs must be able to see how he is being targeted.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 11:28:27 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2017, 10:17:07 AM
there is a rule for that if you don't release the player, we did release Tom and Scotland saw sense to allow him to withdraw as they could see he wasn't fit enough. They are looking long term which is very good.
cheers
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Milo

Don't think players should withdraw from international duty on the whole ... but pleased he has haha

filham

Quote from: grandad on August 28, 2017, 12:53:38 PM

Surely refs can see when a player is being targeted unfairly. I am not asking for special treatment but refs must be able to see how he is being targeted.
Out opponents are clever, they know how to rough someone up and at the same time keep within red card limits.

bencher

Quote from: grandad on August 28, 2017, 12:53:38 PM

You give the Championship refs far too much credit.

jarv

I am a Scot but pleased. Fulham first. Hope he gets fit to play. As far as clubs pulling international players, back in the day when Scotland actually had excellent players, Liverpool and Leeds were always holding back Scots but funny enough, they released all their English players.

FulhamStu

Apparently Cairney is again in Spain having scans on the knee, it looks to me like they are not certain what the problem is.  That said, if he can play on it, it can't be that serious surely ?

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 29, 2017, 03:23:06 PM
Apparently Cairney is again in Spain having scans on the knee, it looks to me like they are not certain what the problem is.  That said, if he can play on it, it can't be that serious surely ?

Good news, if he's in Barcelona there cant be any chance of a medical happening in Newcastle  :008:

G_Gribby

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 29, 2017, 03:23:06 PM

Yes, I saw the movie on Instagram. It could also be a scheduled follow up meeting with the medical team in Barcelona to confirm progress... Let's hope everything works out according to plan.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.