watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Malone

Started by Marcel_Gecov, August 28, 2017, 03:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Hasn't played a minute in the PL yet. Do you reckon he regrets the move?

fulhamben

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 28, 2017, 03:46:18 PM
Hasn't played a minute in the PL yet. Do you reckon he regrets the move?
who knows, he might not have played for us either if he had of stayed. Probably on more money now too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AlexW132

He looked like he regretted it the second he left

hovewhite

Not always best thing ,like anything but more money its a hard life.

MJG

No, but I did say at the time of doubt he would start fifteen games in  the league. It was his chance of PL and had to take it.
Just the views of a long term fan

J.Perkins

It be a backwards step for us if we kept him. We took the chance to accept £5m for a half decent championship LB, so that Sessegnon could have more of a chance.

Lighthouse

Sess will always be better further forward. Which is why I think we brought in a loan replacement for Malone. Malone  was always good for us but neither we nor he could turn down the money or chance to play in the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Barrett487

He may well regret it, but he said himself that he had ambition to play in the PL and he obviously decided that a Huddersfield move would guarantee it, rather than wait for us to get there. It looks like he was just recruited as a back up, but it only takes an injury for him to get his chance.

It's possible that the club actively encouraged Malone to leave, to raise transfer funds. He cost us £635k (the cost of Jazz) and we sold him for £3.5 million

On a similar note, if Aluko's unhappy he may be sold to raise funds for any prospective transfers.

Aluko was a freebie, potentially bringing in a few million if he goes to Reading

Not sure what our nett spend is this window, but excluding loan fees i think we're under £10 million so far (not an official figure)

AlexW132

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 28, 2017, 05:08:20 PM
He may well regret it, but he said himself that he had ambition to play in the PL and he obviously decided that a Huddersfield move would guarantee it, rather than wait for us to get there. It looks like he was just recruited as a back up, but it only takes an injury for him to get his chance.

It's possible that the club actively encouraged Malone to leave, to raise transfer funds. He cost us £635k (the cost of Jazz) and we sold him for £3.5 million

On a similar note, if Aluko's unhappy he may be sold to raise funds for any prospective transfers.

Aluko was a freebie, potentially bringing in a few million if he goes to Reading

Not sure what our nett spend is this window, but excluding loan fees i think we're under £10 million so far (not an official figure)
You have to say the fact we've generated almost £10m for nothing is pretty damn impressive. It basically means we got Fonte and an extra £1.5m for free.

Holders

I was sorry to see Malone go but the financial side as explained above makes sense.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Marcel, you beat me to this posting! I have been keeping an eye on his progress. I did not want he to go. There may have been something behind the scenes. He may not have got on with our Boss.   

092.gif

Tomo

I could quite easily see Scotty back here on Loan in January if things continue..
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Tomo on August 29, 2017, 09:50:56 AM
I could quite easily see Scotty back here on Loan in January if things continue..

We wouldn't need him. Soares should be an upgrade, Sess and Odoi also there.