more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aluko

Started by WhiteJC, August 29, 2017, 12:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham agree fee with Reading for Aluko

Fulham striker Sone Aluko is on the verge of joining Championship rivals Reading.

The two clubs have agreed a fee of around £7.5m for the 28-year-old, who has scored nine goals in 54 appearances for the Whites.

Aluko is due to have a medical with the Royals on Tuesday.

Last month, Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic – who has no influence over transfer policy at Craven Cottage – warned the club against selling Aluko.

He said: "I have to fight for Sone Aluko, because around me is some news that we are thinking about selling him.

"If we do this, it will be a big mistake for my team."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-reading-agree-fee-aluko

WhiteJC

Sone Aluko due for Reading medical ahead of £7.5m move from Fulham

Sone Aluko joined Fulham on a free transfer from Wolves last summer

Reading have agreed a £7.5m deal to sign Sone Aluko from Fulham, according to Sky sources.

The 28-year-old will undergo a medical with the Royals on Tuesday, just over a year after he joined the Whites on a free transfer from Wolves.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic pleaded with his club to keep Aluko earlier this summer after it emerged Reading had made an approach for the player.

Speaking after a pre-season loss to Wolfsburg, Jokanovic said: "I have to fight for Sone Aluko, because around me is some news that we are thinking about selling him.

Aluko will undergo a medical with Reading on Tuesday

"If we do this, it will be a big mistake for my team. If we want to be better, we need to bring quality people into our squad."

Jokanovic has been at odds with the Fulham hierarchy over transfers for a second successive summer transfer window, with the club signing a number of players about which his coaching staff have expressed significant reservations.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11673/11011287/sone-aluko-due-for-reading-medical-ahead-of-7-5m-move-from-fulham

WhiteJC

Reading agree £7.5million deal with Fulham for forward Sone Aluko
The 28-year-old is due at Reading for his medical after the two clubs agreed a deal worth £7.5m for the forward

Reading have agreed a £7.5m deal with Fulham for Sone Aluko, according to Sky Sports News.

The forward is out of contract in the summer, although Fulham had the option of extending it for a further year if they so wished, however the club have now opted to sell the forward a year after signing him on a free.

Slavisa Jokanovic said in his post match press conference after the Wolfsburg friendly that he wanted to keep hold of Aluko, even naming him as captain in Tom Cairney's absence, but the club have now agreed a deal with Reading for their forward.

Aluko is due at Hogwood for a medical ahead of his move, which looks set to be confirmed imminently as Fulham look to other options.

Jaap Stam, who is a big fan of the 28-year-old, spoke about Aluko at the weekend, saying: "He can be a big asset for us.

"He is the type of player I think can make the squad better and give us something different."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-agree-75million-deal-fulham-13543680

WhiteJC

READING FC CLOSING IN ON MAJOR DEAL FOR CHAMPIONSHIP FORWARD

Sky Sports News' assistant news editor Lyall Thomas has revealed that Reading have reached an agreement with Fulham to sign forward Sone Aluko in a deal worth around £7.5 million.

The 28-year-old featured 50 times for Fulham in all competitions last season including their closely fought tie against Reading in the Championship play-offs.

The majority of those games were played out on the right wing which saw him provide 12 assists all season along with nine goals.

Should this deal go through it will double the Royals' club record signing of £3.75 million that was paid to Liverpool for Tiago Ilori in January of this year.

The Nigerian international has featured in all but one of Fulham's opening five games this season, missing out on the 2-0 away win against Ipswich Town which has been the club's only league win this season.

The Verdict

Here at FLW, we can't see this being a prosperous signing for Jaap Stam's side.

Contributing to 21 goals in 50 games isn't a terrible return, but it isn't worth spending £7.5 million and breaking your club's transfer record for.

For that money, a club such as Reading would be hoping to get a player to make a guaranteed and immediate impact.

Sone Aluko isn't a bad player but he's never going to set the league alight.

Stam is adding a decent player to his ranks, but surely he could do better?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reading-fc-closing-in-on-major-deal-for-championship-forward/

WhiteJC

Aluko set for Reading medical ahead of £7.5m move
by DAN on AUGUST 29, 2017

Fulham forward Sone Aluko will shortly undertake a medical at Reading ahead of a proposed move after the two clubs agreed a deal worth a reported £7.5m.

The Nigerian international, who was named as Fulham's captain for two of their August league fixtures in the absence of Tom Cairney, has been seeking a new contract at Craven Cottage on the back of a successful first season with the club, when he scored nine goals in 50 appearances as Slavisa Jokanovic's side reached the Championship play-offs. Fulham were willing to open discussions with Aluko over a new deal, but both the wages offered and the length of the contract did not meet with the 28 year-old's approval.

Reading, who beat Fulham in last season's play-off semi-final, had seen several summer bids for Aluko rejected but they have now met Fulham's valuation with a substantially increased offer. The former Hull City man missed Saturday's 2-0 win over Ipswich Town, where Neeskens Kebano impressed, and Fulham are ready to use some of the proceeds from his sale to finance further details before Thursday's transfer deadline.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/08/aluko-set-for-reading-medical-ahead-of-7-5m-move/

ChesterTheTabby

I hate to see him go, a great player, but his inability to put chances away and the fact that we would get a 7.5 million turnover on a free is insane. Allows for Jota or Forestieri.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

General

This only makes sense if we bring in jota.

Jota is 2 years younger, scored 12 goals in 21 league games last season in comparison to Sone's 5 in 33.. and also set up a similar amount. That said if Brentford let jota go I'd be suprised.

Aluko is someone I'd be disappointed to see leave as I feel he was integral to how we played last season and I don't think we should sell him until we have officially signed a replacement.

Mince n Tatties

Not sad to see him go,got a bit greedy obviously wanted big rise and 4 year contract... Been sussed out before at his previous clubs...Good luck to him but if he wants to be somewhere else then bye bye.

Baszab

It was always the plan to pay for Fonte - hence all those cryptic tweets from SA

Be prepared for the next company sale to finance any further acquisitions - hope they like playing at Wembley

Tabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 29, 2017, 12:45:28 PM
Not sad to see him go,got a bit greedy obviously wanted big rise and 4 year contract... Been sussed out before at his previous clubs...Good luck to him but if he wants to be somewhere else then bye bye.

A bit sad that he got greedy, if the rumors about his demanded wage are true. Entertaining player to watch. Oh well, seems we get a decent fee at least.

It'll be interesting to see how Joka responds to this, judging from his earlier comments.

ffccaz

Nooooo I'm gutted

knightwest

Quote from: Tabby on August 29, 2017, 12:49:02 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 29, 2017, 12:45:28 PM

A bit sad that he got greedy, if the rumors about his demanded wage are true. Entertaining player to watch. Oh well, seems we get a decent fee at least.

It'll be interesting to see how Joka responds to this, judging from his earlier comments.

Joka's quote is from some time ago. The club has since added players. Will be interesting to see what he says.

I'd prefer SJ to be involved in transfer business but you can't accuse the club of being active. This looks like they might use the money to finance another deal.

Mullers OG

£7.5 million for Aluko?  Reading must be out of their minds.

This is very good business for FFC.  it's a great return on a free a year earlier and gets a problem off our hands.  Good though he could be to watch on the odd occasion Aluko's inability to finish or head a ball was incredibly frustrating.  Having him in the side blocked a place for one of Kebano or Ayite, both of whom are, in my opinion, far more productive.

filham

Sony was a key member of last season's entertaining and successful team, he will be missed unless we have a very good replacement for him.

We really should ensure we keep our good players until we see better players available to replace them.

southwest6

Jota on paper is most certainly an upgrade. If we manage to snap him up i say that's a great bit of business

colinwhite

i am sad to see sone go and amazed that people dont see what Sone brings to the side with his work rate second to none. Good luck to him if he does go.

hovewhite

Quote from: colinwhite on August 29, 2017, 01:40:37 PM
i am sad to see sone go and amazed that people dont see what Sone brings to the side with his work rate second to none. Good luck to him if he does go.
+1

Jonaldiniho 88

Hate this. I hope I'm wrong but think we will really regret it. Love watching him play. I fear when teams drop off us he is the one who makes things happen. Can't imagine Slav is going to be at all happy about this.

Bill2

Works hard but can miss from anywhere, especially if he has to take a touch. Often runs into trouble, but does create openings.With the players we have signed this year he would struggle to get a regular first team place but the squad will be weakened by his departure, but 7.5 mill!!!

snarks

Don't want last seasons Aluko to leave, this seasons (so far) has disappointed, he has a short career so if he's going for more pay than Fulham will give him, then good luck to him.