https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli's New Deal

Started by ffcjazzle, August 30, 2017, 10:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcjazzle

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/30/marcus-bettinelli-new-deal

Wednesday 30 August 2017 10:30
We are delighted to announce that Marcus Bettinelli has signed a contract extension with the Club.

The deal ties him to Fulham until the summer of 2020, with the Club holding an option to extend by a further 12 months.

Having graduated through the Academy, Bettinelli got a taste of senior football with successful season-long loan spells at Dartford and Accrington Stanley, before going on to make his debut for the Whites' First Team at the start of the 2014/15 campaign.

That season he ended up making 45 appearances for the Club, and his performances saw him come second in the voting for Player of the Year.

He was rewarded with a new contract, but the following term saw his progress disrupted by an injury picked up in a meeting with Hull City.

Bettinelli recovered well and returned to action at the end of the season, and last term played an important role in the closing stages of the campaign as the Whites reached the Play-Off Semi Finals.

"I'm obviously really, really happy," Bettinelli told fulhamfctv. "My heart was always here. I've been here a long time now, I love playing for this Club and I'm just thankful that I've signed a new contract."

Tony Khan added: "Marcus Bettinelli is an important member of the Fulham Football Club family, and I'm very pleased that we've agreed to a contract extension with him.

"He has performed very well and made major contributions for our team, and he has a bright future ahead, so we are thrilled to have Marcus with our club.

"He's not only a very gifted player, but also a good person with strong character, which makes him a valuable part of our foundation as we continue to build a club that will have the talent and culture to win matches and make our supporters proud."

Marcel_Gecov

Twitter told me he was being sold. Cant trust anything you read these days.

Keynsham

I can't remember a time when Twitter was ever trustworthy.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Keynsham on August 30, 2017, 10:35:59 AM

it's not, yet has sneaked into the transfer window vernacular.

AlexW132

Quote from: Keynsham on August 30, 2017, 10:35:59 AM
Diego Rol... oh

Keynsham

True that! 

The whole transfer window rumours bullshat is such a bizarre thing to me.

dannyboi-ffc

It's nice to have someone at the club who has been here so long that they don't want to leave. I think he has potential and if Button continues to play well, we don't have a keeper issue as Betts is a very good number 2 and up until a couple of weeks ago my number 1.

I'm glad you're staying Marcus.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Marcel_Gecov

I don't see the benefit to the drudgery that the papers write about transfers. 99% of it is baloney and just makes them look stoopid. This summer we had reports James Rodriguez was hours away from signing for Utd which then went quiet and a month later he was at Bayern. They look ridiculous IMO.

Keynsham

It's because people lap it up. 

I'm not being condescending or digging people out here, but how many on the transfer thread were laughing at themselves whilst refreshing the arrivals page at some two bob airstrip in Surrey in case one of the flights was potentially carrying Diego Rolan as though he was the Messiah.

I'd never heard of him before then!

AlexW132

Quote from: Keynsham on August 30, 2017, 10:47:22 AM

I'm not being condescending or digging people out here, but how many on the transfer thread were laughing at themselves whilst refreshing the arrivals page at some two bob airstrip in Surrey in case one of the flights was potentially carrying Diego Rolan as though he was the Messiah.

In the same way Liverpool fans are overloading Flightradar24.com to see whether a Cessna Citation on it's way from Southampton to Merseyside has Virgil Van Dijk on it

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Keynsham on August 30, 2017, 10:47:22 AM

064.gif Farnborough Airport has never been the same since, I believe that's where nose is hanging out

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

J.Perkins

I hope he stays on the bench for all 3 years.

Fulham1959

Quote from: J.Perkins on August 30, 2017, 10:54:12 AM
I hope he stays on the bench for all 3 years.

Disgraceful comment.  Do you not recall his contribution during our fantastic run-in at the end of last season ?

Burt

Good news, we've got two reasonable keepers and one emerging from the development squad so I think we've got good coverage here.

kiwian

The thread is about Marcus's signing, yet we still get irrelevant waffle, very boring; but great news about his signing an extension.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Twig