watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ok it's 20:44 - are you happy ?

Started by howitis, August 31, 2017, 08:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Right, here we we are circa 3 hours from deadline. Yesterday afternoon I felt excited - Gayle/Jota/Forrestieri but as yet it's 0 from 3.
Some of the wiser heads on this forum (lighthouse etc) knew the patten but we all held out hope for something better.
If we don't get any of the above 3 I think we have been short changed ... again !!!!
Aluko a very important player for us but a player we were prepared to sacrifice (perhaps) for an upgrade I.e a proven performer at champ level who could deliver.
Sorry but curently there is not a single recruit that you could confidently predict is better then Malone or Aluko at this level.
I watch with anticipation but little hope ....

Baszab

aaronmcguigan

We won't get any of the 3. Gayle would have been decent but can live without but puts pressure on Fonte to perform, and I have every faith he will. Kamara will also be given a chance and even Humphrys if we get desperate as he literally scores in every game he is played in.

We have plenty of wingers and a lot of versatile options, maybe we could have done with strength in depth at CB but if Madl stays it's an option at least.

Maybe a good thing to come out of this window financially healthy so we can address it again in aha yea and make a big statement then, or get the reinforcement then if needed. Last season we went into Jan with zero money to spend and only looking at loans, at least we have a bit of flexibility here

AlexW132

I am happy. Would have liked another CB but the 2 we've brought in are good additions. We were never going to sign the big names anyway so no point blaming the club for something that isn't true

westcliff white

2 hours from the deadline as it is 11 o clock.

am I happy well happyish 7 out of ten window for me as it stands, we needed 8.5 plus to make the top 2 in my opinion.

hope I am proven wrong
Every day is a Fulham day

Asotosyios

Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2017, 09:06:34 PM
2 hours from the deadline as it is 11 o clock.

am I happy well happyish 7 out of ten window for me as it stands, we needed 8.5 plus to make the top 2 in my opinion.

hope I am proven wrong

Honest questions:
- Which club(s) would you give a higher transfer score than Fulham?
- Who would you consider favourites for the first 2 positions as things stand?

westcliff white

right now I would say Hull and Leeds, before the seasons Hull and Boro (just because of their fire power rest of squad average)

Re transfers I don't care what others do, I want us to improve so we finish top 2 and I do not think we have done that

MikeW

I see David Wheeler of Exeter (who I have championed on this board) has gone  to QPR.  Will be interesting to see how he copes.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

I do not think we have a bad team , we certainly have more cover than last season but the hard fact is that we took good money for Malone and Aluko but have not replaced them with players of equivalent quality.
We have of course seen this so many times over the years.

AlexW132

I think the basic fact that we kept Cairney and Sessegnon is worthy of very high praise

MikeW

Westcliff - pretty disappointed down here in the West ...

Sales of two good players do not equate to pretty much sod all coming in the welcome gate - bit players at best.  No money spent Mr Chairman?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

AlexW132

Quote from: MikeW on August 31, 2017, 09:19:52 PM

Sales of two good players do not equate to pretty much sod all coming in the welcome gate - bit players at best.  No money spent Mr Chairman?
Ermmmm.... Fonte? Kamara? Soares (option to buy)? £14m spent on forwards alone disregarding loan fees? No money spent? hmmmm....

westcliff white

Quote from: filham on August 31, 2017, 09:17:35 PM
I do not think we have a bad team , we certainly have more cover than last season but the hard fact is that we took good money for Malone and Aluko but have not replaced them with players of equivalent quality.
We have of course seen this so many times over the years.
we don't have a bad squad, it is playoff material, I just wanted to push on more.

Hard to say we haven't replaced with quality as we haven't seen them play yet

Andy S

I was happy before today. We have certainly improved the squad. We should be somewhere in the mix and as Lady Luck always comes into it somewhere with a fair wind we could do well.

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 31, 2017, 09:21:50 PM

Ermmmm.... Fonte? Kamara? Soares (option to buy)? £14m spent on forwards alone disregarding loan fees? No money spent? hmmmm....
think they mean net spend but both posters points are valid

AlexW132

Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2017, 09:23:28 PM

think they mean net spend but both posters points are valid
Not to mention extra spent on wages due to contract extensions

westcliff white

Quote from: Andy S on August 31, 2017, 09:22:35 PM
I was happy before today. We have certainly improved the squad. We should be somewhere in the mix and as Lady Luck always comes into it somewhere with a fair wind we could do well.
for the playoffs like last season I agree, as I said I wanted to push for top 2. hope to be proved wrong

Mince n Tatties

If this is it I'm disappointed.
Think we needed a major signing to get us up automatic... What I've seen so far were not good enough for that.
Yes we were superb at Ipswich but they are poor and in false position.. Coyw

filham

I suppose the money spent almost equates to the money received for Malone, Aluko, LVC and Woodrow etc. Not sure that the quality of the players equates , we will have to wait to see how the new players perform.

AlexW132

Quote from: filham on August 31, 2017, 09:28:21 PM

I suppose the money spent almost equates to the money received for Malone, Aluko, LVC and Woodrow etc. Not sure that the quality of the players equates , we will have to wait to see how the new players perform.
How much money we had available to spend in the first place anyway is probably not a lot