watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its going to be fun

Started by BedsFFC, August 31, 2017, 11:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Its not a post to have a dig at many on here, but I genuinely can't believe the constant depressed nature that many seem to have.
Kindly, please don't waste your time responding to me as to why I should be depressed because I just will not read it. I've spent the last couple of years reading depressed posts and I am going to make a concerted effort to just scroll by because its clear that its a position I think many on here are just not willing to change.

That to one side, I am so looking forward to the season now. I think we are on for one hell of ride. Oh man, we have got such a fantastic array of attack minded players. Just the two signings today have the keys to unlock defences.

Our achilles heel last season was getting caught by the teams that sat back and caught us on the break. I absolutely love the fact that we aren't going to try and change the ethos, we are going to have so many different options to break stubborn defences down.

I reckon its going to take about 4 games to really click. Kebano, one season in is going to fire, as is Ayite, Ojo is going to scare the life out of teams, Ryan doesn't look a boy anymore, Fonte looks like he has the brains and class to create so much space. Then you have TC, Stefjo & Mac who will know where each other is with their eyes closed this season.

I haven't looked forward to a season so much for a very long time. There is not a team I don't think we can rip apart if they decide to come at us in the whole league.
The great thing about wolves, birmngham etc spending is that they won't sit back. They will be as arrogant as newcastle were at home against us.

Tickets bought for Burton away. Bring it on

AlexW132

Well said, I know, much to the annoyance of the mods, that I've been a bit dismissive of the Khan criticism of late, however I feel that everyone, whatever their viewpoint on the new signings, should allow them to have had the chance to showcase their skills before we pass judgment, myself included. I think that instead of squabbling with each other and winding each other up (Twitter ITKs I'm looking at you) we as a group of supporters should unite and do just that...support! At the end of the day, however we feel about the board, the manager, the players etc. we all want the club to succeed, and at this point in time I feel that's what's essential on our part to make sure the team performs well. Let's try and enjoy this season as much as we can, we've had it a lot worse over the past few years so I think we should put our position into perspective. I'll (hopefully) be at the Cardiff game, cheering on the team as ever.

FTID COYW

BedsFFC

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 31, 2017, 11:35:27 PM
Well said, I know, much to the annoyance of the mods, that I've been a bit dismissive of the Khan criticism of late, however I feel that everyone, whatever their viewpoint on the new signings, should allow them to have had the chance to showcase their skills before we pass judgment, myself included. I think that instead of squabbling with each other and winding each other up (Twitter ITKs I'm looking at you) we as a group of supporters should unite and do just that...support! At the end of the day, however we feel about the board, the manager, the players etc. we all want the club to succeed, and at this point in time I feel that's what's essential on our part to make sure the team performs well. Let's try and enjoy this season as much as we can, we've had it a lot worse over the past few years so I think we should put our position into perspective. I'll (hopefully) be at the Cardiff game, cheering on the team as ever.

FTID COYW

Amen to that. Well said

Jonaldiniho 88

Agree with all above. I am greedy in windows as why wouldn't I want the best players? We now have a squad so let's get behind them. COYW

Ordar

I'm actually feeling a lot better about the window than most on here. We've added a lot of creativity and hopefully goals to the wide areas. We bought a striker who I think is going to score 20+ goals easily this season.

Extended Cairney and Sess.

Added quality depth to the CM.

Soares should be a huge upgrade to Malone.

Kalas is back, and Ream just keeps getting better

Not sure why everyone is so down.... I have a really really good feeling about Graham.

dannyboi-ffc

I made the foolish mistake of believing the hype of rumours for big names but I'm an optimistic person. It's been a good window for us and I'm excited to see what Graham especially offers. He looks exciting.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Barrett487

Onwards and upwards

who's to damn our newbies without seeing them don the b&w

I remain confused by today's signings, but generally i'm very happy.

Lighthouse

We have the squad we have. Now the manager has to work with them.

I love posts that start with not having a dig but go on to have a dig at everybody that isn't on hallucinogenic drugs and thinks that unicorns are playing in meadows and little children are all riding ponies in fields of corn.

Fact is we all look at life and Fulham in our own way. I don't believe this is a great window and will debate that with anybody. However I wouldn't dare suggest that people who do think it is great cannot be understood. That after all is the point of MBs. I cannot understand people not understanding that. So whatever your POV we now know what the squad is. Let us continue to debate the game and our club and understand that drugs are not good for you.  078.gif

Except cake. Cake is very good for you.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

Agree with everyone above. It has been a positive window for us and we now have a squad with a lot of depth

OMalleyCat

:plus one:

Exciting times ahead.

hovewhite

The origanol  post very well said and agree 100%

mrmicawbers

Some people sadly will never be happy. Maybe that's what attracted them to Fulham.

Kent Cassandra

I am not kidding you but I remember there were a few people down at the cottage who used to moan about 'Big Head' Johnny Haynes and Bobby Robson got the sack as manager because a vociferous section of the fans gave him a hard time instead of the patience to give him more time.   
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

GloucesterWhite

BEDSFFC - Is it so wrong to want the club to spend more to increase our chances of promotion and to be disappointed they didn't do so? IMO I can't see us having such a good chance of promotion for many years. If we don't make it this year who honestly thinks Cairney, Sess and others (including Joka) will still be here this time next year? And how do you replace them?

Of course many will trot out the threat of FFP, but explain to me what is wrong with the following logic:

Sess is worth what? £25M? Cairney another £15M? Total £40M. So spend say £25M on a good striker and CH. We would have a much better chance of top 2, but if we failed to get promoted Sess and Tom will be gone anyway and the books would be back in the black. At worst a fine and a ban until the following January. Instead we are left with hoping a freebie and a loanee will turn out to be stars.

But as you aren't reading this anyway (with respect, a stupid comment), I shall never know your views!

Twig

I'm not going to respond because you won't read even a carefully reasoned reply unless I agree with your happy clappy sentiments. What a stupid post.

MarryatsChild

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 31, 2017, 11:35:27 PM

FTID COYW
Really well stated reasoning, like thoughts here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BedsFFC

Quote from: Twig on September 01, 2017, 10:14:50 AM
I'm not going to respond because you won't read even a carefully reasoned reply unless I agree with your happy clappy sentiments. What a stupid post.

Shall I tell him?

BedsFFC

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on September 01, 2017, 10:08:26 AM
BEDSFFC - Is it so wrong to want the club to spend more to increase our chances of promotion and to be disappointed they didn't do so? IMO I can't see us having such a good chance of promotion for many years. If we don't make it this year who honestly thinks Cairney, Sess and others (including Joka) will still be here this time next year? And how do you replace them?

Of course many will trot out the threat of FFP, but explain to me what is wrong with the following logic:

Sess is worth what? £25M? Cairney another £15M? Total £40M. So spend say £25M on a good striker and CH. We would have a much better chance of top 2, but if we failed to get promoted Sess and Tom will be gone anyway and the books would be back in the black. At worst a fine and a ban until the following January. Instead we are left with hoping a freebie and a loanee will turn out to be stars.

But as you aren't reading this anyway (with respect, a stupid comment), I shall never know your views!
GW, I respect your opinion and in the past we have agreed on a lot.
My post was very innocent. At least it intended to be. I was really hoping we would buy a real wow factor striker. The money doesn't really bother me. Its not my money and I just have to assume the club know what they can spend. I'm interested in MJG's posts on ffp but I'm not an accountant. I was really hoping a Gayle or Foresteria (sp) would drop in.

My post was just saying how excited I am at the prospect of watching the current team playing. That was it.

The comment on the negative posts was a separate issue. I'm a fairly laid back guy. As I get older and wiser, I understand the importance of trying to be positive and calm. I come on here to have a bit of a chat with people that fate has arranged to have this love of this quirky little club. I have been through and am coming out of "real" difficult issues in real life. Fulham is and always has been an escape.
I don't mind debate and I don't mind if it gets a bit heated at times but most threads are infiltrated with people that just seem to want to knock the club at every opportunity. They are not the majority on here but they post more than most. I've been reading and responding to them for about two years. I'm just saying I've given up responding as I've not achieved anything but get a bit frustrated with them. Which is utterly crazy on my part.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: BedsFFC on September 01, 2017, 11:50:45 AM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on September 01, 2017, 10:08:26 AM

GW, I respect your opinion and in the past we have agreed on a lot.
My post was very innocent. At least it intended to be. I was really hoping we would buy a real wow factor striker. The money doesn't really bother me. Its not my money and I just have to assume the club know what they can spend. I'm interested in MJG's posts on ffp but I'm not an accountant. I was really hoping a Gayle or Foresteria (sp) would drop in.

My post was just saying how excited I am at the prospect of watching the current team playing. That was it.

The comment on the negative posts was a separate issue. I'm a fairly laid back guy. As I get older and wiser, I understand the importance of trying to be positive and calm. I come on here to have a bit of a chat with people that fate has arranged to have this love of this quirky little club. I have been through and am coming out of "real" difficult issues in real life. Fulham is and always has been an escape.
I don't mind debate and I don't mind if it gets a bit heated at times but most threads are infiltrated with people that just seem to want to knock the club at every opportunity. They are not the majority on here but they post more than most. I've been reading and responding to them for about two years. I'm just saying I've given up responding as I've not achieved anything but get a bit frustrated with them. Which is utterly crazy on my part.

0001.jpeg

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 31, 2017, 11:28:26 PM
Its not a post to have a dig at many on here, but I genuinely can't believe the constant depressed nature that many seem to have.
Kindly, please don't waste your time responding to me as to why I should be depressed because I just will not read it. I've spent the last couple of years reading depressed posts and I am going to make a concerted effort to just scroll by because its clear that its a position I think many on here are just not willing to change.

That to one side, I am so looking forward to the season now. I think we are on for one hell of ride. Oh man, we have got such a fantastic array of attack minded players. Just the two signings today have the keys to unlock defences.

Our achilles heel last season was getting caught by the teams that sat back and caught us on the break. I absolutely love the fact that we aren't going to try and change the ethos, we are going to have so many different options to break stubborn defences down.

I reckon its going to take about 4 games to really click. Kebano, one season in is going to fire, as is Ayite, Ojo is going to scare the life out of teams, Ryan doesn't look a boy anymore, Fonte looks like he has the brains and class to create so much space. Then you have TC, Stefjo & Mac who will know where each other is with their eyes closed this season.

I haven't looked forward to a season so much for a very long time. There is not a team I don't think we can rip apart if they decide to come at us in the whole league.
The great thing about wolves, birmngham etc spending is that they won't sit back. They will be as arrogant as newcastle were at home against us.

Tickets bought for Burton away. Bring it on

Everyone has their own opinions, just because they do not concur with yours does not make them wrong or you wrong, just an opinion.
We all support the same team believe it or not.
I know it's not easy, Just try and relax and rest.
Years ago the Gentry were allowed to find an empty room with a bottle of whiskey and a loaded revolver. These days it's the Samaritans.
Please do not misunderstand i am not advocating either, certainly not at this stage anyway. Let's at least wait until the end of the season first. 
But there is nothing like a Fulham win to cheer us all up, and with top of the table Cardif our next visitors at the Cottage, and a potentially full house, I think it's time we knocked them off their perch, I good test for us, but it will most definitely be a harder test for them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.