34 (27.6%)
6 (4.9%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Carborundum

Graded it a 7.

Pros: 
Kalas returns
Like the look of both strikers and Woodrow is still on our books.
Sessegnon and Cairney contracts.  Telling premier league clubs to get knotted brings a certain satisfaction, albeit probably temporary.
Midfield no longer hangs on the thread of three players staying fit
New wingers should be hungry to succeed and are talented

Cons:
Every successful squad I can remember has a decent centre back of 6'4" available as an option and whilst we do now have one, he's unproven
Letting LVC go - that lad can play
Deadline day a bit of a damp squib.  Birmingham may yet have a poor season, but Harry and his chairman have given them some fun.

grandad

I gave a 7. The important factor is not who we signed but that we retained our key players. I don´t regard Aluko as a key player.
I don´t believe we were in for Gayle, Jota & Foresteri. Not at the silly money they were on offer for.
Let Wolves, Brum, Boro bankrupt themselves. I prefer the sensible approach from our owner.
I can´t think of another instance where a player signed on a free was sold 12 months later for a huge fee.
Where there's a will there's a wife

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: grandad on September 01, 2017, 08:46:36 AM
I gave a 7. The important factor is not who we signed but that we retained our key players. I don´t regard Aluko as a key player.
I don´t believe we were in for Gayle, Jota & Foresteri. Not at the silly money they were on offer for.
Let Wolves, Brum, Boro bankrupt themselves. I prefer the sensible approach from our owner.
I can´t think of another instance where a player signed on a free was sold 12 months later for a huge fee.
Wolves, Brum and Boro won't bankrupt themselves.

Smalling may have been with us for a little more than 12 months but he fits the bill.

SuffolkWhite

Just voted 7, interestingly the vote is mainly 7-8 for the majority!

I think the squad is stronger overall with more cover. Some on here are questioning the unknown new players which I find puzzling as Malone and Aluko weren't exactly well known either when they came.

We could finish anywhere in the top ten in this league as it is a very tough league and it's not a given that you have to spend tons of money to be successful!

Would agree a Centre Back of quality would have been good but Ream and Kallas seem to have sorted out a decent partnership, and who would have thought Odoi would have covered so well at CB.

Time to be the twelfth man now and get behind the team.

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Kent Cassandra

Yes MJG it is interesting only 10 out of 44 voted below 7 which is a small minority yet on this thread it is the negates who are posting.
Yes we lost Aluko and Malone but we put 11 million profit in the bank which is good business.  I'm reserving my judgement until I see the new guys play, and hear what the manager thinks.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

We Are Premier League

I would give our sales a 9:
*We didn't sell Cairney or Sess
*almost 1m for Sterman
*3m for Jozabed
*7m for Aluko
*4m for Malone
*Not aware of the fee for Sigurdsson but atleast his salary is of the books and he might join the Russian after the season.
All of the below are very good value IMO.

I would rate our purchases at 7:
*Kalas, Soares and Djalo at the back - Could have done with one more in the centre but we don't have worse players than last season and they should benefit from having played more games together.
*Norwood and Cisse in midfield - much closer to the quality of the starting players compares to the subs we had last season.
*I believe Fonte will do a good job for us as the central striker. Both depth and quality through Ojo, Kamara, Mollo and Graham. The attack looks better than last season. 

All and all an 8, we kept our best players, have added a few to the starting 11 and will have a much stronger bench compared to last season.

An established GK, Central Defender and Striker would have made it a 10 but I am very please with the window, in which I think we have strengthened the team while more or less breaking even financially. 

Holders

7. Pros - kept Sess, Cairney and most of our other key players and brought in some good acquisitions. Cons - lost Malone and Aluko.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2017, 08:21:31 AM
Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 07:57:30 AM
Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2017, 07:50:07 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2017, 07:44:45 AM
Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2017, 07:34:21 AM
Interesting that given the shouting by many that it's not been a good window, looking at polls on here & twitter that vast majority pretty happy. Seven plus I'd say is happy with results.
6-7 for me is average window (ye syou can say out of ten 5 is average), 7.5 and above is good to excellent dependng whre.

I was underwhelemd in the end, yes we have added to the squad and on paper it is probably a little stronger than last season which is good, but we didnt push on with signings to take us into the top 2 in my opinion. Happy with the squad and i hope whats on paper translates to the field as games are not won on paper.

It is a play off sqaud but think we all wanted a little more.
for half a season last year we really a top two side. In fact we were the top side. We have not made that many changes and improved overall I believe, so top two is still a target we should aim for and also believe we have the ability to be there as well.

We haven't got a top 2 side. Using last seasons results as a comparison isn't worthwhile as teams that finished around us and below us have all strengthened, we have largely the same starting 11 as we did last season. To say a side that scraped the playoffs is now expected to challenge for top 2 isn't right and will put unnecessary pressure on the players and manager.

Being realistic, with this squad we should be between 5th and 10th, obviously hoping for playoffs but to expect anymore is completely unfair.
but you can't deny with almost the same team as you say, we were the best team in the league for half a season.? So clearly we have a team that's capable of that.

Last season yes, its a much stronger league this season. Being the best team in the league for half a season isn't good enough if we want to challenge for promotion, last year we literally scraped in to the play offs, this year the league is tougher, opponents are looking stronger and we have made minimal progress. Its not fair to expect it again, and I hope we don't get on the managers/players backs should they start to struggle.
C O Y W

Abbotsbury White

It was a 7 for me it would have been an 8 but not knowing too much about some of the signings leaves a bit of an unknow quality hence the 7,obviously hanging onto Sess and Tom was 1st class business, Soares I am sure will prove himself a more than capable LB, midfield is stronger in depth than last year, and Mollo and Graham have great skill and a lot to prove thats the way I like new signings to be,Ojo I believe will be able to cover the loss of Sone and Fonte is a quality we have not seen for quite a while ,I suppose it is in the CB position we are all a bit dissapointed but with Ream discovering some cracking form,Odoi as capable cover and retaining Madl it's hardly bare bones material, overall a better squad than last season so onwards and upwards come on you whites!!!
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Tooting legend

For me it was a very good window. We did our business early doors. We have Kalas back, we have the left back Soares from Porto, Ojo from Liverpool, Piazon when fit again, Kamara, Fonte, Graham, Mollo(These 2 wingers I think will be a very good asset) Djalo. And we kept Sessegnon and Carirney. I think we have strengthed and not weakened so we haven't gone backwards. I think we have one of the strongest squads in the league and feel that we are still a top 2 said come May.

Keynsham

It was solid, heading toward good. Nothing spectacular, but certainly nothing to complain about.

The carry on yesterday was mostly drummed up by supporters getting carried away, and not created by the club so I will not take any of that into account and say that most of our stuff was done early (something else that was being whinged about when the window opened) and that we have out house in order.

It is exactly what we needed, I think.

J.Perkins

This whole thread is misery after misery. Just because most of you haven't heard of the player, you write off them before they've played a game. Does it surprise you there are other leagues out there?

This window has been a success. Gave new contracts to Cairney and Sessegnon early on. Bought in a wealth of talents across all positions. And sold Malone and Aluko because £5m and £7.5m is good money for Championship players.

The pressure is on Jokanovic now. For one, I am tired of his constant moaning of the board and transfers. He signed the contract, he knew this was the case. If he doesn't get results, I'd have no qualms in his departure. There is a reason he's managing in the Championship.

Lighthouse

Yes a 6 from me. For reasons very much as others have said. We certainly haven't improved the first team greatly if at all. We have brought in one starter in Fonte. We have kept most of the team from last year bar Malone and Aluko, a player highlighted by the manager as somebody he didn't want to lose. We have lost a very talented youngster to Everton. But we have brought in wingers and a few wingers plus the odd wide player. Oh and let's not forget the wingers.

Cover is bare up front except for wingers  and our defence is very iffy. Still we have what we have and it isn't a promotion side. A side that may stagger again into the playoffs. Still it could have been worse. Which isn't really what I wanted to say at the start of a season we needed to push on for promotion.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tooting legend

We didn't lose a player to Everton. If we did then its on the website or Everton's so don't think that happened if im honest.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Tooting legend on September 01, 2017, 10:09:04 AM
We didn't lose a player to Everton. If we did then its on the website or Everton's so don't think that happened if im honest.

Everton have signed Dennis Adeniran on a four-year contract from Fulham. Undisclosed fee. (Source: @Everton)
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hopper

Gave it an 8, I think retaining Sessegnon and Cairney as well as all our best players was huge.

We now have 2 or more good players in each position which we didn't last year. To be able to bring on Cisse and Norwood is a huge improvement on last year.

I for one am really excited by Soares and Fonte. These are players we are lucky to have based on their records. Soares has Champions League pedigree, without having seen him play I am expecting him to be an upgrade on Malone.

Fonte has looked very good in his 2 games and already is a big upgrade on Martin and our CF options last year. Could be the key.

Am very surprised at the quantity of wingers we now have, but Ojo, Mollo and Graham all come with good reputations. If they can prove to have more end product than Aluko did last year it will be an improvement. Importantly competition for places should ensure good performances.

I think the strength in depth will mean no players can rest on their laurels and we should be hugely competitive.

My only criticisms would be not addressing CB and the quantity of loans and how this gives the nature of our squad a somewhat impermanent and fragile foundation, as should these players perform well we may be priced out of a move.

Chutney

Quote from: hopper on September 01, 2017, 10:45:48 AM
Gave it an 8, I think retaining Sessegnon and Cairney as well as all our best players was huge.

We now have 2 or more good players in each position which we didn't last year. To be able to bring on Cisse and Norwood is a huge improvement on last year.

I for one am really excited by Soares and Fonte. These are players we are lucky to have based on their records. Soares has Champions League pedigree, without having seen him play I am expecting him to be an upgrade on Malone.

Fonte has looked very good in his 2 games and already is a big upgrade on Martin and our CF options last year. Could be the key.

Am very surprised at the quantity of wingers we now have, but Ojo, Mollo and Graham all come with good reputations. If they can prove to have more end product than Aluko did last year it will be an improvement. Importantly competition for places should ensure good performances.

I think the strength in depth will mean no players can rest on their laurels and we should be hugely competitive.

My only criticisms would be not addressing CB and the quantity of loans and how this gives the nature of our squad a somewhat impermanent and fragile foundation, as should these players perform well we may be priced out of a move.

We won't be priced out of any moves, we've made a tidy profit from this window.
C O Y W

hopper

I make out we may have broken about even as Fonte, Kamara and Cisse would have been similar outgoing to Malone, Aluko and Jozabed. So maybe a small profit potentially.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MrD1879 on September 01, 2017, 06:39:25 AM
I went for 6 as I still feel we are a cb and striker short but it's ok we can play 6 wingers!
I can't help but feel Slav must be fuming as from his comments he'll clearly be disappointed with losing Aluko and only time will tell if mollo or Graham are an upgrade but we had the opportunity to really push the squad forward and challenge for automatic and I think we've come up short. We've added much needed depth to the squad but bar Fonte have not improved the starting 11. We also can't be far off making a profit this window which doesn't really fit with the doing what it takes to back Slav line that Tony the stat man Khan was rolling out.

Our token chase of an unrealistic target on deadline day though is getting rather boring. If we really did have around 15 million to spend on a striker then atleast half of that was available pre aluko sale so why yet again mess around on the last day.

No intent to put down your feeling about the situation but, it occurred to me today that there might be another way to look at Slav's comment....and that he might not be so angry at the sale of Aluko after all. I think we could all agree that Sone was looking for more money from the club. I think most of us can agree that, despite his obvious positive qualities he lacked a bit of final product that would have made anyone agree that he would deserved an improved deal just one season into his contract with us.

I agree that based upon Slav's comments about losing Aluko, it would be easy to conclude that he's upset right about now. Slav is pretty blunt generally when speaking to the press. But could it be that he's used that reputation to our advantage...stating Aluko's importance to the club, knowing that a new contract wasn't coming, in order to maintain a high market value for a want-away player who was never going to stay. He's a smart man. I wouldn't put such past him. Just a thought.

I gave the club a 7. We kept 11 core players from last season with loads of experience in this league and in Slav's system. We've added quality to thin positions with central defense being a debatable exception.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude