11 (8.9%)
20 (16.3%)
43 (35%)
34 (27.6%)
6 (4.9%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 123

westcliff white

What mark would you give the window out of ten.

Let us know why we may well are likely to discuss this on the next FoFcast
Every day is a Fulham day

MrD1879

I went for 6 as I still feel we are a cb and striker short but it's ok we can play 6 wingers!
I can't help but feel Slav must be fuming as from his comments he'll clearly be disappointed with losing Aluko and only time will tell if mollo or Graham are an upgrade but we had the opportunity to really push the squad forward and challenge for automatic and I think we've come up short. We've added much needed depth to the squad but bar Fonte have not improved the starting 11. We also can't be far off making a profit this window which doesn't really fit with the doing what it takes to back Slav line that Tony the stat man Khan was rolling out.

Our token chase of an unrealistic target on deadline day though is getting rather boring. If we really did have around 15 million to spend on a striker then atleast half of that was available pre aluko sale so why yet again mess around on the last day.

westcliff white

I went with a 6 as there wasnt a 6.5 option. I said esterday i thought it was a 7 that was with 2/3 hours ago still hoping for another through the door to push us forward. Feel like we didnt adress the defensive issue most believe we needed and, without having a go at the 2 forwards who I think are good, felt we needed the guy up front who wis going to score 20-25 goals that would really push us into the top 2. Now we may have that and I hope to be proved wrong.

So for those reasons I went with a 6

MJG

Interesting that given the shouting by many that it's not been a good window, looking at polls on here & twitter that vast majority pretty happy. Seven plus I'd say is happy with results.
Just the views of a long term fan

Chutney

5 - Could have been worse, could have been much better.

Have we built a team capable of automatic promotion? No.

Could we make the playoffs? Possibly.
C O Y W

FulhamStu

We can't say we have not upgraded Aluko until we see a good number of games from Mollo, Graham and Ojo.  Could one of these players be better than Aluko, quite possibly.  People would be happy if we had paid big money for Ojo and or Graham who are both very highly rated.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2017, 07:34:21 AM
Interesting that given the shouting by many that it's not been a good window, looking at polls on here & twitter that vast majority pretty happy. Seven plus I'd say is happy with results.
6-7 for me is average window (ye syou can say out of ten 5 is average), 7.5 and above is good to excellent dependng whre.

I was underwhelemd in the end, yes we have added to the squad and on paper it is probably a little stronger than last season which is good, but we didnt push on with signings to take us into the top 2 in my opinion. Happy with the squad and i hope whats on paper translates to the field as games are not won on paper.

It is a play off sqaud but think we all wanted a little more.

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2017, 07:44:45 AM
6-7 for me is average window (ye syou can say out of ten 5 is average), 7.5 and above is good to excellent dependng whre.

I was underwhelemd in the end, yes we have added to the squad and on paper it is probably a little stronger than last season which is good, but we didnt push on with signings to take us into the top 2 in my opinion. Happy with the squad and i hope whats on paper translates to the field as games are not won on paper.

for half a season last year we really a top two side. In fact we were the top side. We have not made that many changes and improved overall I believe, so top two is still a target we should aim for and also believe we have the ability to be there as well.

Mince n Tatties

3....for the simple reason I've never heard of any of them before they signed,and doubt will hear anything of them in a couple of years time... :022:
Coyw.

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2017, 07:50:07 AM

for half a season last year we really a top two side. In fact we were the top side. We have not made that many changes and improved overall I believe, so top two is still a target we should aim for and also believe we have the ability to be there as well.

We haven't got a top 2 side. Using last seasons results as a comparison isn't worthwhile as teams that finished around us and below us have all strengthened, we have largely the same starting 11 as we did last season. To say a side that scraped the playoffs is now expected to challenge for top 2 isn't right and will put unnecessary pressure on the players and manager.

Being realistic, with this squad we should be between 5th and 10th, obviously hoping for playoffs but to expect anymore is completely unfair.
C O Y W

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 01, 2017, 07:51:44 AM
3....for the simple reason I've never heard of any of them before they signed,and doubt will here anything of them in a couple of years time... :022:
Coyw.
+ 1 to the comment but also give a 3 for the business carried out, very disappointing!! Don't think the FFP rules can be blamed this time for the lack of a marquee signing. Did we really make bids for Gayle, Forestieri and Jota?? Bony at 12million would have been a bargain, forget the wage bill (lol).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

westcliff white

Agree it should be our aim, but i do think we will end up 3-6 sadly.

davew

Top 6 would be acceptable again, I think there are quite a few stronger squads in the league than we have.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2017, 08:15:24 AM

well I predicted 4th before the season so we agree on that.

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 07:57:30 AM

We haven't got a top 2 side. Using last seasons results as a comparison isn't worthwhile as teams that finished around us and below us have all strengthened, we have largely the same starting 11 as we did last season. To say a side that scraped the playoffs is now expected to challenge for top 2 isn't right and will put unnecessary pressure on the players and manager.

Being realistic, with this squad we should be between 5th and 10th, obviously hoping for playoffs but to expect anymore is completely unfair.
but you can't deny with almost the same team as you say, we were the best team in the league for half a season.? So clearly we have a team that's capable of that.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2017, 08:19:19 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2017, 08:15:24 AM

well I predicted 4th before the season so we agree on that.

yes we do

RaySmith

What MJG says makes sense.

Obviously  no one can say definitely that we will  play and do as well as at the second half of last season, but the team is much the same and may even be improved - certainly the squad is. If we fail to do well, the club's transfer policy will be blamed, but we could  have made a  big name signing and him not impressing, and still fall short.

You never  know - one or more of the new players may come to be new Fulham heroes, as several recent signings, eg -Johannsson, McDonald, Aluko, Ayite, Malone, criticised at the time, have.

Obviously,  it's a bit disappointing not to get a proven Championship striker, and maybe defender, to  ensure Prem status - but we seem to have  reasonable cover now in most positions. The club seems to be trying to build a good squad anyway. We do have a number of quality players, and believe  we will again score goals, while hopefully keeping them out at the other end.

GloucesterWhite

Disappointing. Possible play off place, but if we don't go up this year it looks like a total rebuild will be needed next summer as our best players, and maybe the manager, lose patience and go. It could have been so much better.

Fulham76

I gave it a 5 based on us managing to keep hold of Cairney & Sessegnon. That was great business by us - I fully expected to lose at least one of those 2.

If I was basing on new business alone I would have marked it a 2. We're a worse team after allowing 2 of our more creative & regular first team players from last season to leave in Aluko & Malone.

SG

Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2017, 08:21:31 AM
Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 07:57:30 AM

but you can't deny with almost the same team as you say, we were the best team in the league for half a season.? So clearly we have a team that's capable of that.
That is only true if others have not improved. Sadly I think that a number of clubs have strengthened markedly so we could end up being 7th - 10th. Opportunity missed yet again - ever since our Europa final this has occurred