watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Michael Madl

Started by Southcoastffc, September 01, 2017, 08:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Given the absence of Madl from the pitch this season so far, and the stories of him being transfer listed, I am very surprised that he's still with us. I like him as a player and hope that he proves he's worth a first team place but seems odd that there seemed to be no news about him yesterday - or have I missed it?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

Good that he's still with us.

river phoenix

I am glad he stays, a good player to have in a squad.

hovewhite

Hes injured i think,happpy hes still here.

Riverside

If we had signed another CB Madl I am sure would have gone .

As it is I am happy he remains . High quality back up for Kalas and Ream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bassey the warrior

I'm glad he's staying as I rate him. Certainly prefer him to the likes of Grant Hanley.

Marcel_Gecov

He's decent on the ball and for a centre back has a great pass. This time last year ream had only made a few sub appearances and would have been a favourite to depart so there's still time for him to break into the squad.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He was captain in the cup game.
I don't think Joka would have done that if he wasn't in his plans
But who knows ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Yes he will be needed during the season, seeing as the club failed to bring in a centre back, but as we are thin on the ground for decent centre backs. He is consistent and reads the game well, and will most certainly be needed during a long hard season, glad he stayed under the circumstances.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 01, 2017, 10:56:55 AM
I'm glad he's staying as I rate him. Certainly prefer him to the likes of Grant Hanley.

Grant Hanley drinks pints of gravy, and eats teabags as an afternoon snack

Madman Maddle

Madl just hasn't been fully fit ever since training camp. Here is hope that he is 100% ready after the break.

We need Madl badly. Kalas has been making 1 or 2 really bad mistakes per game this season. Ream has looked better than Kalas recently, but when we are under pressure his bad defending technique shows. Odoi did really well as emergency CB but no way he can play there permanently as opponents would adjust and pick on him. Djalo is a nice prospect for the future but lacks experience.

Our biggest defensive asset is that we control posession and therefore reduce scoring chances for our opponents. Names like Flint or Hanley keep coming up seemingly every transfer window. The problem is British CBs at this level aren't comfortable on the ball or pushing up high. That's what ruined Sigurdsson too. Jokane won't change his style at any price and certainly not for a technically limited CB. Having Madl fully fit will be key to a successful season!

kiwian

Glad we got rid of Mafl and got Madl in his place
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Barrett487

I see he's not in the Austria squad to play Wales. Maybe that's a reason for his transfer speculation?

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Barrett487 on September 02, 2017, 09:31:46 PM
I see he's not in the Austria squad to play Wales. Maybe that's a reason for his transfer speculation?

As far as I know he's only ever played in one friendly for Austria so his absence isn't surprising, especially as he's rarely playing for us

Twig

Quote from: Barrett487 on September 02, 2017, 09:31:46 PM

He's recovering from injury so would not have been considered for international duty.

filham

It would be good to know that Madle is ready and available , he could be needed at any time throughout the season.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on September 04, 2017, 06:44:06 PM
It would be good to know that Madle is ready and available , he could be needed at any time throughout the season.

As usual, the club wont give too much away. He has played twice this season however in the League cup...

Madman Maddle

Quote from: Statto on September 04, 2017, 05:22:12 PM
In terms of passing he may not be bad but surely he's still the worst passer of all our CBs, even Djalo (who actually appears to be fantastic at passing)

Please call the ambulance! Madl is head and shoulders above our other CBs in terms of passing.

Ream used to get the jitters anytime he touched the ball but has settled down a few months ago. Still there are only 3 short passes he plays comfortably (Sess, McDonald, Kalas). It's fine in Jokane's system but still very predictable and easy to prevent - see Reading in the Playoffs

Kalas was never really a great passer, but he knew what his limitations were and played accordingly. At least until this season, where he made some bad mistakes overestimating himself on the ball.

Djalo, since he went to school at Real and Juve, should indeed be a decent passer but he is as unproven as it gets.

Madl has that overview and creativity in him to play a touch pass from the back into the attacking channels or switch to the other side in a blink. Now those passes are not really in Jokane's playbook unfortunately. But given we struggle to put well-created chances away and have so many lightning-fast players up front including fullbacks, Madl's long-range passing good do wonders on the break or when we need a spark.

Hopefully his muscular issues are gone now that he had a few weeks of rehab. Made no sense to trot him out as captain in two meaningless cup games only for his injury to flame up again. My guess is Kalas-Ream are set in stone for Jokane and we can survive a couple of games with Odoi or Djalo. But should one of Kalas-Ream be out long-term, Madl is the only way to go.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Madman Maddle on September 05, 2017, 10:07:57 AM
Quote from: Statto on September 04, 2017, 05:22:12 PM
In terms of passing he may not be bad but surely he's still the worst passer of all our CBs, even Djalo (who actually appears to be fantastic at passing)

Please call the ambulance! Madl is head and shoulders above our other CBs in terms of passing.

Ream used to get the jitters anytime he touched the ball but has settled down a few months ago. Still there are only 3 short passes he plays comfortably (Sess, McDonald, Kalas). It's fine in Jokane's system but still very predictable and easy to prevent - see Reading in the Playoffs

Kalas was never really a great passer, but he knew what his limitations were and played accordingly. At least until this season, where he made some bad mistakes overestimating himself on the ball.

Djalo, since he went to school at Real and Juve, should indeed be a decent passer but he is as unproven as it gets.

Madl has that overview and creativity in him to play a touch pass from the back into the attacking channels or switch to the other side in a blink. Now those passes are not really in Jokane's playbook unfortunately. But given we struggle to put well-created chances away and have so many lightning-fast players up front including fullbacks, Madl's long-range passing good do wonders on the break or when we need a spark.

Hopefully his muscular issues are gone now that he had a few weeks of rehab. Made no sense to trot him out as captain in two meaningless cup games only for his injury to flame up again. My guess is Kalas-Ream are set in stone for Jokane and we can survive a couple of games with Odoi or Djalo. But should one of Kalas-Ream be out long-term, Madl is the only way to go.
Good post -  :plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.