watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its going to be fun

Started by BedsFFC, August 31, 2017, 11:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Really would've liked Jota but never mind!

Should be a competitive season with all the signings. Quality of championship going up and up. How many leagues in Europe could compete?

FulhamStu

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on September 01, 2017, 10:08:26 AM
BEDSFFC - Is it so wrong to want the club to spend more to increase our chances of promotion and to be disappointed they didn't do so? IMO I can't see us having such a good chance of promotion for many years. If we don't make it this year who honestly thinks Cairney, Sess and others (including Joka) will still be here this time next year? And how do you replace them?

Of course many will trot out the threat of FFP, but explain to me what is wrong with the following logic:

Sess is worth what? £25M? Cairney another £15M? Total £40M. So spend say £25M on a good striker and CH. We would have a much better chance of top 2, but if we failed to get promoted Sess and Tom will be gone anyway and the books would be back in the black. At worst a fine and a ban until the following January. Instead we are left with hoping a freebie and a loanee will turn out to be stars.

But as you aren't reading this anyway (with respect, a stupid comment), I shall never know your views!

Totally understand the spend big now as we can recover by selling our most valuable players if it goes wrong.  But where your argument goes wrong is that spending big does not guarantee anything.  It could mess up squad morale, expensive players may nor perform or get injured or sulk.  What is important is to build a quality squad which is what we have done, see my post titled cost of loans to perm.

Lighthouse

As a  negative fan I just don't understand not being understood. As i grow older life become worse and is awful and the best thing to do is turn to Fulham for some banter and enjoyment. But along with the debate comes the needlessly cruel attacks on me and my negativity. Positive fans offer me drugs and talk about clouds and happiness.

Look I don't go around attacking you for being positive. You are wrong but I try and make it easy in debating a point to let you come to the conclusion yourself. So just leave me and my brothers who are realists and sensible and can see life and football for what it is. By all means keep taking those hallucinogenic drugs. But no more positive arguments about negative fans being negative. If you were so positive why is my negativity bring you down? After all life is Black and White.

Negativity is the answer, not the problem.  fp.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hopper

Come end of season we shall see.

There are reasons to be positive without it relating to drugs. Top scorers last year with some exciting new attacking players. We haven't had as much reason to go down to the cottage  and watch the team for years, so am going to try and enjoy it myself.

Balance is the most important thing as fans, if we are upset at being misunderstood we must endeavour to understand without making spurious claims which don't help for an engaging dialogue.

Carborundum

Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 01, 2017, 09:34:31 AM
Some people sadly will never be happy. Maybe that's what attracted them to Fulham.
Enjoyed that.

Kent Cassandra

WOW!!! you have convinced me.  I am wrong, and you are right and you have made me come to the conclusion myself.  I know nothing about what's happening in players lives, how fit they are, how their personal lives are...are they negative or positive, are they having issues at home. So as usual I will leave it to you sensible and realistic brothers who know that these players that we acquired in the transfer window are disappointing and who are certain that if we had bought someone that they wanted we would be automatically promoted.  You have at last made me see how delusional I am and how silly I am at the age of 80 to make the most of what I have.  I love you lighthouse even if you are a grumpy old git.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on September 01, 2017, 02:03:54 PM
WOW!!! you have convinced me.  I am wrong, and you are right and you have made me come to the conclusion myself.  I know nothing about what's happening in players lives, how fit they are, how their personal lives are...are they negative or positive, are they having issues at home. So as usual I will leave it to you sensible and realistic brothers who know that these players that we acquired in the transfer window are disappointing and who are certain that if we had bought someone that they wanted we would be automatically promoted.  You have at last made me see how delusional I am and how silly I am at the age of 80 to make the most of what I have.  I love you lighthouse even if you are a grumpy old git.
How to lose an argument!

Who said anything about 'automatic promotion'? Presumably the club bought the players they did to improve our chances of promotion? All me and others are suggesting is go one step further, buy better players, and hence improve the promotion chances. It's not a difficult opinion to understand.

peaty

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2017, 12:32:56 PM

Years ago the Gentry were allowed to find an empty room with a bottle of whiskey and a loaded revolver. These days it's the Samaritans.
Please do not misunderstand i am not advocating either, certainly not at this stage anyway. Let's at least wait until the end of the season first. 

Woolly, I see what you did there.

Well played, sir.