https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England

Started by fulhamben, September 04, 2017, 07:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on September 05, 2017, 09:22:31 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 05, 2017, 08:50:58 PM
The persistent negativity about the England team gets on my w*ck.

What a miserable lot of posters on here - always wanting the team to fail.  But that's a general malaise with English football fans.

I've been following England's fortunes since 1959 and still call myself a fan.
Me too, national pride good or bad, I am not one of these supporters who only support the good times, but everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 05, 2017, 08:50:58 PM
The persistent negativity about the England team gets on my w*ck.

What a miserable lot of posters on here - always wanting the team to fail.  But that's a general malaise with English football fans.

I've been following England's fortunes since 1959 and still call myself a fan.

Same here I agree with you. Some people are either never satisfied no matter whether they win or not, they always try and imagine something to moan about. when there isnt anything to moan about.
Last night we came back from 1 0 down and showed character, and deservedly won.
International matches are no picnic, ask France who were held by little old Luxembourg 0 0.
Some football supporters just have a hidden agenda, and only find fault with England, and I wonder why, and every other team gets off lightly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

Woolly Mammoth

There is too much dissecting of performances.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

I think the team is often over-criticised, even when they deliver a result. Most of the players are young and less-experienced internationally. When England lost to Germany in the Lampard-equaliser-disallowed game they were thoroughly outplayed by a young German team. It's therefore right to persist with the younger players even if they're taking a bit of time to gel.

I still can't get as excited as watching Fulham, though, as it's hard to relate to players whom you know belong to Man C, Man U etc.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria