watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England

Started by fulhamben, September 04, 2017, 07:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Great start from the boys. Although it was a cracking goal. Thank god big Sam was in charge for the first two games or this campaign would already be over. Not long till south gates next pizza advert
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

aaronmcguigan

More importantly ,  its Norwood 1-0 Kalas

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on September 04, 2017, 07:52:33 PM
Great start from the boys. Although it was a cracking goal. Thank god big Sam was in charge for the first two games or this campaign would already be over. Not long till south gates next pizza advert

Big Sam was rubbish.

RaySmith

Bring back Roy....and Rooney!

fulhamben

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 04, 2017, 08:12:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 04, 2017, 07:52:33 PM

Big Sam was rubbish.
exactly, but Southgate makes big Sam look like pep

fulhamben

Quote from: RaySmith on September 04, 2017, 08:15:05 PM
Bring back Roy....and Rooney!
for the qualifiers, yes but then dump them for the finals as they both always flop

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Half time . West Brom 2-0 up against Czech Republic

BestOfBrede

They play like they think they are all superstars and better than everyone else
It's not a team at all!
Also slow, slow build up
Southgate is a joke

BestOfBrede

Oxlade chamberlain is worth how much?
Avin in a larf!

Fulham76

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 04, 2017, 08:35:03 PM
It's not a team at all!
Also slow, slow build up
Southgate is a joke

What's he done wrong? Can't blame him for taking the job but at the end of the day he only has English players to chose from

Woolly Mammoth

England 2 1 up Rashford and well deserved.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 04, 2017, 09:02:57 PM
It's not a team at all!
Also slow, slow build up
Southgate is a joke

What's he done wrong? Can't blame him for taking the job but at the end of the day he only has English players to chose from
We are pedestrian in our approach - is that not down to the manager?

Fulham76

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 04, 2017, 09:13:26 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on September 04, 2017, 09:02:57 PM
It's not a team at all!
Also slow, slow build up
Southgate is a joke

We are pedestrian in our approach - is that not down to the manager?

Maybe a little bit but like I said, he only has English players to choose from

Bassey the warrior

Let's face it we're rubbish and when was that ever not the case? Last really good England team was Euro 96.

ron

It strikes me that there is an atmosphere of arrogance in the squad that we'd do well to stamp out. Trying to walk past opposition and losing the ball, with players in forward positions thinking that just waiting there for a ball instead of moving to create dynamic play is sufficient.

gang

Quote from: ron on September 04, 2017, 10:41:27 PM
It strikes me that there is an atmosphere of arrogance in the squad that we'd do well to stamp out. Trying to walk past opposition and losing the ball, with players in forward positions thinking that just waiting there for a ball instead of moving to create dynamic play is sufficient.

It is the problem with England team they seem to  think they are too good to work, some of the decision making was appalling, what do they do in the training. I hope you do well but you will never win a competition until you change the attitude that you have a right to be there.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Boring stuff.

What summed it up for me, was near the end we had a free kick, centrally outside the box.
It was obvious Rashford was going to shoot.
Our players just stood around in a cluster at the edge of the area showing no interest.
WE "knowledgeable and interested folk" all know that anything can happen when a shot hits the wall or
woodwork it can rebound anywhere.
Yet, not one player attempted to spread out to the right into a huge open space, they just stood around like
statues.
This was a huge game for the most supported national team in the world and yet there was no passion, drive
just plodding and posing around.

"Gissa job I can do that"    Yossser hughes
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Lighthouse

Not sure the introduction of the International Break has done anything to make the players better or more aware of playing in the International set up. What I found mildly  interesting as somebody who rarely watches England play. Was how often they lost out on 50 50 balls and tackles. As others have said, their decision making wasn't very good. When it was three against two, they still wanted to be greedy and score themselves.

But then I find the whole International game pointless now. I used to be an England fan. Now I really don't know who half of them are. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

There are undoubtedly some talented players in there but somehow Southgate is making the team poorer than the sum of the parts available to him.