watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Betting Advertising on Shirts

Started by Logicalman, September 06, 2017, 04:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Have to thank everybody for a fascinating thread that has developed from advertising into the control of addictions.

I will just say while we can't legislate for everybody. Those who are addicted should be able to find help far quicker than they do. But I don't want my cake addiction taken away from me. I will turn into a much nastier and violent person without it. Does it need to be controlled? Yes but it isn't my fault. A mistake with an over prescribed drug when I was very young made me this way. Yes I know we all have an excuse. People always do. But has advertising made me want more cake? Would banning it for shop windows help? May do but I doubt it. As others have said let's wait and see the evidence.

I loathe the hypocritical political class that want to be seen to do the right thing while doing nothing to really help. Help me save the World by using greener fuel. Why make it so expensive? Why have subsidies that encourages money making and cheating. We would all be less addicted if we had less politicians.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

Whilst I agree with the freedom of the individual, I do see a role for society in attempting to dissuade people from doing what would harm them and, in turn, society. Society can't just write off people who venture into the depths of an addiction just because they were too weak gullible, vulnerable or whatever because they had freedom of choice. All societies have had rules, norms, mores or laws from the earliest of time to regulate anti-social behaviour. Even animal societies don't have politicians but they still have rules.

As for the irredeemably lost - "let them eat cake".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

Society may have a role to play but does that really mean banning advertisements / sponsorship? if it does then it also means you have to ban them for everythingthat could harm people. and then you go to far and into a nanny state.
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

There has to be some shaping and direction or there's anarchy.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria