watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johansen and Cairney

Started by FulhamStu, September 05, 2017, 01:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

I noticed StefJo was an unused sub for Norway last night in their 6-0 thrashing by Germany.  Hope is not carrying an injury as I thought he was their captain ?

Not seen Cairney in any of the training photos on the Fulham website, think he may have had another mini op on his knee ?

Would be a blow if one or both of these are missing Saturday, both need to be at their best for Fulham to hit top form.  Norwood is a good replacement but below the level that Cairney and Johansen opperate at !

Chutney

Johansen has dropped down the pecking order with Norway
C O Y W

river phoenix

Quote from: Chutney on September 05, 2017, 02:01:52 PM

He was playing in their win against Azerbaijan only 3 days ago.

Chutney

Quote from: river phoenix on September 05, 2017, 03:09:50 PM
Quote from: Chutney on September 05, 2017, 02:01:52 PM

He was playing in their win against Azerbaijan only 3 days ago.

Azerbaijan are not quite the same level of opponent as Germany.
C O Y W

General

What training photos on the fulham site - there aren't any recent ones since the international break happened. Stop hyper ventilating... They both played the last game and Tom was carrying a knock.. he withdrew from international duty to focus on recovery and has been posting stuff on his instagram about him training alone in the gym for instance as he's got a more specific routine he needs to follow to cater to his rehabilitation.

hovewhite

Don't think there a problem and both will be available,Rui hope he's got over hiss strain.

General

Quote from: Statto on September 05, 2017, 06:12:07 PM
As I said on here a few days ago, Cairney posted something on Instagram showing a big plaster on his knee... think he has indeed had another minor operation... either that or he's grazed himself falling off the swings again

That plaster was nothing serious... more a support... it's common for people to wear similar things whilst playing.

filham

Neither Cairney nor Johanson have reached the high performance levels of last saason which were major factors in our form.
Just hope they are both fully fit and able to perform at their best again before too long.

Southcoastffc

Don't know about Stef but TC was only able to play v Ipswich courtesy of an injection to get him through the game. Its quite conceivable that he's had an op on his knee and equally conceivable that he'll be fit for Cardiff.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FulhamStu

Quote from: hovewhite on September 05, 2017, 05:54:39 PM
Don't think there a problem and both will be available,Rui hope he's got over hiss strain.

Mr General, I am not hyperventilating, whatever that is !   Ok I must have seen the photos on Twitter, I have seen a number of training photos this last week, non with Cairney in.  This is a football forum, it's surely ok to talk about possible injuries is it not !

I did see a report that Cairney had been over to Barcelona again, it may have been rubbish, maybe not.  Glad StefJo did not play if he is fit, he will be sharper without an additional game, as I said we need these 2 for Saturday.    Is it ok for me to say that General ?

CincyFulham1

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 05, 2017, 10:09:36 PM

Mr General, I am not hyperventilating, whatever that is !   Ok I must have seen the photos on Twitter, I have seen a number of training photos this last week, non with Cairney in.  This is a football forum, it's surely ok to talk about possible injuries is it not !

I did see a report that Cairney had been over to Barcelona again, it may have been rubbish, maybe not.  Glad StefJo did not play if he is fit, he will be sharper without an additional game, as I said we need these 2 for Saturday.    Is it ok for me to say that General ?

Not digging you out, but where are the photos?  I don't see any on the offal and would like to see them.  I sometimes us them as my background.

General

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 05, 2017, 10:09:36 PM

Sorry I've just looked on fulhamfc website, twitter and Facebook and instagram. The only photos of any fulham players training are of Jordan graham and yohan Mollo as a welcome post to show the fans they're both in training. You hardly see any of the squad in those photos. So I don't know if you're referring to those but if you are then there's clearly not reason to pick out cairney and Johansen as 'missing' players when so many of the squad aren't shown in the pictures.

In regards to Cairney. He withdrew from the Scotland squad to focus on rehabilitation and having played against ipswich with an injection. He posted to his official instagram profile that he was in the fulham gym working away and that he was lonely. He was doing strength work on his leg which was covered in Sports plasters.

Stefan Johansen is away with Norway and as others have noted has slipped down pecking order for the time being. He is their captain and played in our last game and was on the bench for Norway in their last game.

Hyperventilating is when someone breathes very quickly and is commonly associated with being in shock or panic..

Of course it's ok to talk about football injuries and their potential to effect the players and match day team and squad..

I think I jumped into this the way I did because I felt you had rushed into writing something which I felt didn't summarise the situation properly or even accurately by your own standards. I suppose I was just in a intolerant mood because when I read your post it came across as slightly hysterical.. especially when put past the point that Johansen has been playing for Norway and both players situations have been covered quite extensively re cairney withdrawing himself from international duty and posting stuff online about what he was doing to recuperate and also these alleged training photos I didn't feel were substance enough for the concern based on the context by which they were originally posted.

By all means take that as you will.

FulhamStu

Fair enough General, I have just looked back and the photos were from Twitter and the official Fulham fc feed.  Also, there were shots of the lads training in the KMac interview.  You could see other players training but of course not all of them.  Totally accept your response, however I guess I am still a little concerned about Cairneys knee injury.  I was at the game in the 60's when Peter Thompson gave George Cohen a real going over and he did his knee, never the same player after that. Whilst medical advancements have improved beyond all recognition, I am just afraid Tom will take a while to heal.  Having said all that I really hope it's all sorted and we will be a full strength this weekend, good that Stef seems fine.

By the way, I am not sure what full strength is at the moment, we know the midfield 3 but who plays either side of Fonte and should Sess be left back when Soares is fit and if Soares plays do you play Sess in front of the other 5 left wingers ?

Yarden

Sorry to say, but Stefan Johansen is injured. He has got a problem with his groin. A strain i think. He said himself he`s nowhere near being able to play 90 minutes at the moment :016:

filham

Quote from: Yarden on September 06, 2017, 10:40:26 AM
Sorry to say, but Stefan Johansen is injured. He has got a problem with his groin. A strain i think. He said himself he`s nowhere near being able to play 90 minutes at the moment :016:
Oh dear that is real bad news as I imagine that means Norwod  comes in and to date he has shown us no real sparkle.

hovewhite

If both are out would like k.mc further advance with cisse doing the defensive cover which also norwood filling the other spot.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: hovewhite on September 06, 2017, 09:25:27 PM
If both are out would like k.mc further advance with cisse doing the defensive cover which also norwood filling the other spot.
Well said - there are options and it's not all doom and gloom everytime we get an injury!

Totally agree that Tom and Stefan are secured 1st team, but we have to live with injuries as do all teams.

I still feel confident that our squad have a bit more than most in this division.

FulhamStu

Blimey General, just got back in to read this and I am starting to hyperthingmebob again !
Anyway, from above, where did you get this StefJo info from ?

As have said from the start, knee injuries are a pain in the .. knee .. and can take a while to sort out, which was my initial concern re our most important player !

FulhamStu

So maybe I had every right to hyperventilate !

Cairney IS out tomorrow !

filham

Oh dear just try to imagine last season's team without Cairney, Johanson and Aluko. None of our new signings will have the sparkle to replace any of those three. Remember Fonte is also missing.