Main Menu

Bet Khan's jealous of this.

Started by f321ffc, September 07, 2017, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

fulhamben

Does this mean that we won't have to have nfl games at Wembley any more.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

I think there will be 2 or 3 at wembley for each of the next 2 or 3 years while Spurs is being built etc
Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

The 3 pieces need to be completely seamless otherwise you could imagine the outrage if a player caught their foot and broke their ankle. Quite why you need this for essentially 3 games a year seems a bit pointless.

Samsara

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 07, 2017, 03:36:36 PM
The 3 pieces need to be completely seamless otherwise you could imagine the outrage if a player caught their foot and broke their ankle. Quite why you need this for essentially 3 games a year seems a bit pointless.

This would be a for the speculative permanent NFL team based in London.

sunburywhite

Bound to be  a good pitch when they have that sh1t on it every week
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulhamfan666

that looks pretty flipping fantastic to be honest. Would love to see this in person.

NogoodBoyo

A poor business decision all round.  The NFL and perhaps 15 a side rugby will soon face huge litigation challenges and liability problems from players' unions, ex-players, the estates of ex-players, the medical profession, the insurance industry and, ultimately the parents of future players.
American Football has no answer other than denial and tons of money.  Rugby?  Rugby Sevens is a safer sport and arguably a much better spectator sport, so they at least have a future, a good one too. 
Nogood "hearing that here first, isit" boyo

jarv

Electric motors. Good laugh if the have a power cut before the game. 064.gif

The Enclosurite

No idea if true but I saw a comment on one of the Facebook pages reporting on this that the pitch has been part funded by the Jaguars.

Anyone else heard this or is it just speculation?
¡COYW!

love4ffc

That is a pretty cool engineering feat.  A couple of things. 

One, I agree with Jarv about the electric motors.  Lose power before the game and  :58:

Two, in Atlanta, Georgia they just built a new stadium with a roof that opens and closes that still is not opening properly  :doh:

Three, I thought I heard somewhere that Khan is involved with the development of the NFL expansion into England and so would probably be involved in some small way with this stadium hosting future NFL and possibly a future London team.   :023:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Samsara

Quote from: jarv on September 07, 2017, 06:56:37 PM
Electric motors. Good laugh if the have a power cut before the game. 064.gif

They'll have generators...

fulhamben

That floor looks very thin. Will be like playing on a astro turf with no give under foot. Expect alot of joint injuries playing on this
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bog

Don't know what all the fuss is about, we have 3 of these up our local rec.....

092.gif

cmg

I once had a draughts board with snakes-and-ladders on the back.
Same principle - just upscaled a bit.

HatterDon

no. I think "pitches" is what you're looking for.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

snarks

The video says it's been tried at the training ground so I'm sure the pitch is "deep" enough to prevent injury. I must say it's really impressive

aaronmcguigan

How does Wembley get sold out for NFL games? An honest question. As an outsider, I don't see the pull of it. Is it Americans coming over for the games/ Americans in London coming to watch it or is there genuine interest in London/ Englandshire for a sport that isn't played on a widescale basis there?
Would that not be like having a cricket match in America and getting a sell out? Only thing I can compare it to with my experience is London having plenTy of GAA teams playing Gaelic/ Hurling/ Camogie but it would never sell out a Wembley but the Americans are great at all that selling the dream kind of marketing

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 07, 2017, 06:47:49 PM
A poor business decision all round.  The NFL and perhaps 15 a side rugby will soon face huge litigation challenges and liability problems from players' unions, ex-players, the estates of ex-players, the medical profession, the insurance industry and, ultimately the parents of future players.
American Football has no answer other than denial and tons of money.  Rugby?  Rugby Sevens is a safer sport and arguably a much better spectator sport, so they at least have a future, a good one too. 
Nogood "hearing that here first, isit" boyo

Rugby is coming here and I reckon in 20 years it will overtake the NFL

JPRWilliams init
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cookieg

Quote from: love4ffc on September 08, 2017, 02:47:09 AM
That is a pretty cool engineering feat.  A couple of things. 

One, I agree with Jarv about the electric motors.  Lose power before the game and  :58:

Two, in Atlanta, Georgia they just built a new stadium with a roof that opens and closes that still is not opening properly  :doh:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/15RAkUwNvYc

Three, I thought I heard somewhere that Khan is involved with the development of the NFL expansion into England and so would probably be involved in some small way with this stadium hosting future NFL and possibly a future London team.   :023:

Reminds me of the box Windy Miller or Captain Flack stood on in Camberwick Green or Trumpton.