watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR tickets

Started by Dirk Lehmann, September 08, 2017, 09:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk Lehmann

Is anyone else waiting for the lower tier to go on sale?

In previous years they've put both tiers on sale at the same time so you can choose between them, any ideas why that's different this year?

MJG

Quote from: Dirk Lehmann on September 08, 2017, 09:37:47 AM

In previous years they've put both tiers on sale at the same time so you can choose between them, any ideas why that's different this year?

QPR want to make sure they get enough tickets sold to warrant having stewards on both tiers. Hence club has gone to selling two tickets per purchaser to try and sell top tier as quickly as possible. Club have to follow QPR's instructions to sell out enough of top tier before releasing lower tier.
Just the views of a long term fan

Dirk Lehmann

Ah that makes sense, thanks. I know it's Friday night and on Sky but I'd expect us to at least come close to selling this out.

Is there a suggestion that the lower tier might never become available and I should buy my tickets now?

MJG

Quote from: Dirk Lehmann on September 08, 2017, 09:42:28 AM
Ah that makes sense, thanks. I know it's Friday night and on Sky but I'd expect us to at least come close to selling this out.

Is there a suggestion that the lower tier might never become available and I should buy my tickets now?
You would hope we sell enough top go downstairs, personally if thats what you want I would wait for now.

_Putney_

Really stupid for a game like this. We're obviously going to sell out the top... The only thing stopping that is if we all wait for the bottom lol

Riversider

Quote from: Dirk Lehmann on September 08, 2017, 09:37:47 AM

They did exactly the same thing last season, quite a few of us waited last season for the lower tier, tickets were slow selling the Upper tier then picked up speed again once the lower tier became available , I expect exactly the same process again,
Everybody that wants a ticket will get one, can't see it selling out despite it being 2 per person this season compared to One per person last season.

_Putney_

Dirk Lehmann

Quote from: _Putney_ on September 08, 2017, 06:33:41 PM
Lower now available!

Just seen this! Pleased with that, sensible decision!

dhowells21

For someone that's never been Loftus Rd, can anyone explain the love for the Lower Tier (or hate for the Upper Tier) ?

MJG

Quote from: dhowells21 on September 11, 2017, 12:49:17 PM
For someone that's never been Loftus Rd, can anyone explain the love for the Lower Tier (or hate for the Upper Tier) ?
Upper tier is very tight and some positions you cant see goal line, although actual view of rest of pitch is fine and your close as well.

Lower tier, people like it I think because the low roof which when its noisy its usually a good atmosphere. personally cant see much once people are up and down so I stay clear.

So I'd say if you want to stand, be involved and are someone who doesn't care about sitting then go lower.
If you want to just watch game and are small, then upper.

Riversider

I've always gone Lower tier and have never ever had a problem with the view, you tend to get more of the youthful element in the Lower so makes for a good atmosphere and when Fulham score at "our end" as we often do the players tend to come over and interact with the supporters .

dhowells21

Quote from: MJG on September 11, 2017, 01:16:28 PM
Quote from: dhowells21 on September 11, 2017, 12:49:17 PM
Upper tier is very tight and some positions you cant see goal line, although actual view of rest of pitch is fine and your close as well.

Lower tier, people like it I think because the low roof which when its noisy its usually a good atmosphere. personally cant see much once people are up and down so I stay clear.

So I'd say if you want to stand, be involved and are someone who doesn't care about sitting then go lower.
If you want to just watch game and are small, then upper.

Cheers man, much appreciated.

irishfulham

I'm not a member season ticket holder etc any way of me getting 2 tickets for this preferable lower tier thanks!

_Putney_

Quote from: irishfulham on September 11, 2017, 06:13:38 PM
I'm not a member season ticket holder etc any way of me getting 2 tickets for this preferable lower tier thanks!

General sale is the 13th.  Just try at 10 AM ish and hope for the best.