watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reflections from the match

Started by grandad, September 10, 2017, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Now I have calmed down a tad I must mention the Officials, Warnock & his bench.
Never in my 63 years of supporting have I seen the most disgraceful performances from these supposed professionals.
Never have I seen a ref so intimidated by the Cardif club as a whole.
The refs performance is the worst I have witnessed, and there have been plenty who have been nearly as bad.
All I want is for refs to be consistent. They can make errors but just be the same for both sides.
As for Warnock & his bench, they should all be suspended for bringing the game into disrepute. Every foul or non foul they tore out of their technical area & screaming & running about like demented zombies.They intimidated the 4th official constantly especially in trying to get Moller sent off & Slavisa had to take him off in case he over reacted.

In the circumstances , with our massive injury list of key players, playing against 11 thugs, 4 officials & the Cardiff bench scum we did as well as expected.
Where there's a will there's a wife

hovewhite

Quote from: grandad on September 10, 2017, 10:09:45 AM
Now I have calmed down a tad I must mention the Officials, Warnock & his bench.
Never in my 63 years of supporting have I seen the most disgraceful performances from these supposed professionals.
Never have I seen a ref so intimidated by the Cardif club as a whole.
The refs performance is the worst I have witnessed, and there have been plenty who have been nearly as bad.
All I want is for refs to be consistent. They can make errors but just be the same for both sides.
As for Warnock & his bench, they should all be suspended for bringing the game into disrepute. Every foul or non foul they tore out of their technical area & screaming & running about like demented zombies.They intimidated the 4th official constantly especially in trying to get Moller sent off & Slavisa had to take him off in case he over reacted.

In the circumstances , with our massive injury list of key players, playing against 11 thugs, 4 officials & the Cardiff bench scum we did as well as expected.
100% agree
Warnock is well known for berating 4th officials every game.

South Coast White

Have to totally agree grandad. The Cardiff officials did all they could to intimidate the already poor ref, a tactic that clearly worked in their favour. It was probably the worst refereeing display I have seen for a very long time

Delboy

From the HE we couldn't see what was happening on their bench, but we could see our supporters in the RS berating the Cardiff bench. The ref had a nightmare, whether he was intimidated only he will know but Cardiff supporters on the way home also said he was shameful.

bog

I know a referee who was quite high up the ladder of officiating. He says the most hated manager by match officials is Warnock.  :031:

092.gif

Holders

I've found Cardiff to be a dirty side since the 70s. I suppose once an image is there it sticks but intimidation by managers and coaches seems to be reaching new heights.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

Quote from: bog on September 10, 2017, 11:01:52 AM
I know a referee who was quite high up the ladder of officiating. He says the most hated manager by match officials is Warnock.  :031:

092.gif
Well why did he not do anything about the constant intimidation from Warnock & the rest of his bench.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SP

They said Colin has never won a match at the Cottage, not sure if that's correct?

BedsFFC

I made a comment on here yesterday. At semi pro and the lower leagues, tag teaming complaining from the bench is a common tactic from certain teams.

I've seen it so often. The level I see it, I detest it as its targeting new, young or softer refs. Invariably when a bench is constantly screaming at every decision, it changes the tone of the whole game. These tend to be games where players get hurt or you see red cards.

Behind closed doors, the cardiff staff will be patting themselves on the back. It worked, the game was fractious, didn't flow and the ref made lots or errors and one of players was on the verge and he was clearly targeted.

For me, it was surreal. I have been at 100's of matches with 1 man and a dog watching and seen coaches do this. The fact they got away with it in front of 21000 paying people, loads of professional officials, the countries media and Directors from both sides was, as I say surreal for me.

Allestree andy

I must agree totally with grandad,as a referee myself i was ashamed to be a referee on both the performance of the referee and the 4th offical,for example the free kick to cardiff early in the game on the edge of the penalty arer was debatible and then givining them one straight away as the wll jumped and it struck johannsen on the arm was C**P, it was balll to hand ont hand to ball, and dare i mention it he bottled giving us a penalty (Stonewall one) in the second half. Now if he thought  Ayité had dived then why did he not book him, and he was afraid to give it due to warnock giving him grief at the end onf the match.
To the limit and beyond

Harry Bayles

Booking Button for timewasting was ridiculous, Cardiff had been employing the same timewasting tactics all game, dithering over free kicks, throw ins etc. and yet soon as we did it Button was booked. once they equalised they started doing it again but the ref never said anything to them about it.

bill taylors apprentice

The ref was awful and if our team had mirrored the oppositions attitude and behaviour it would have turned very nasty.

I heard a few voices around me say we should fight fire with fire but its never been our way and hopefully never will. I don't think we are a soft touch but maybe we need to be a bit cute when managing the game?

I strongly believe that refs nowadays (whether at the elite level, PL or working their way up) have a first priority to ensure they impress the assessor in the stand and therefore they will believe they have ref'd the game well based on his score.
Their aim seems to be to maintain or improve their own status as a referee first but seem unable to use their commonsense and football knowledge (if they have any) to manage the players and is way down their list of priorities.

Giving the free kick for hand ball by SJ on the edge of our box will probably give him bonus points from the assessor for being on top of the game regardless of whether it was intentional or not because the assessor can't see from his seat or the questionnaire doesn't allow for that.

Equally he demonstrated his "authority" and gained points by booking Button for time wasting while the cynical approach to the game by the opposition is ignored because there's nothing on the assessors check list that will score him down so he allows it to go unchecked for 90+ mins.

OK maybe my scenarios aren't strictly accurate but you get the idea? 

Assuming that ref's are not all just stupid idiots, It appears we have a bunch of people who do whats necessary to get on by scoring well in their appraisals (like many other jobs) but are lacking ability and character to do the job properly!

There's something wrong when we regularly get more bookings, more free kicks against and more bad decisions yet are hailed as a lovely footballing team, while the cynical teams get away with it because "They are a physical team and its just the way they play".

masterhaynes

Worst referee I have seen or played under in over 50 yrs of watching and playing football and after last few seasons that is saying something. If the adjudicator gave him anything more than 1( for turning up and having the correct uniform) then they should also be ashamed.

Hoillet was by far the worst offender, targetting player instead of ball at every opportunity, leaving his foot or dipping shoulder to take player out after the ball had gone. His shove on Kalas while he was in the air in front of the Riverside was disgraceful and could have resulted in serious injury to another professional. This was an early opportunity for referee to gain control instead awarded free kick and smiling downplayed the challenge to Kalas when it was clear to everyone it was a bad challenge and he was only 15 yards away with clear view but not a word to Hoillett

I just can't fathom how Hoillet left the field without a card of any sort to his name he made 3-4 blatant yellow card fouls. The chat to his captain was bizarre following 3 successive fouls by Hoillet. The Referee had not said or indicated anything to Hoillet directly for any of them yet I assume he clearly recognised Hoillet had made a number of bad fouls and was lucky to be on the pitch otherwise he would not have felt the need to call his captain over which usually occurs when a player has a yellow card and is running close to a red not a before a player receives a first yellow? It appeared he was giving Cardiff  warning to take him off so he didn't have to make a call.

Shame we couldn't hold out for a win so that Warnock got what he deserved and Joka could take the high ground and complain despite winning out pressure on the adjudicator to try and avert a whitewash of the referee, easy to dimiss as sour grapes when points dropped.

Still onwards and upwards hats off to whole squad yesterday didn't get what they deserved all of them stood up and were counted.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 10, 2017, 02:20:30 PM
The ref was awful and if our team had mirrored the oppositions attitude and behaviour it would have turned very nasty.

I heard a few voices around me say we should fight fire with fire but its never been our way and hopefully never will. I don't think we are a soft touch but maybe we need to be a bit cute when managing the game?

I more or less agree with your post and all you state, it's a good post in my opinion.
However, we are a soft touch, and because we are known to be a soft touch, we get the raw end of the deal in most case from these gutless shameful referees and linesmen.
Whether you like it or not, I have always believed in fighting fire🔥 with Fire.🔥
The Pen maybe mightier that the Sword, but you cannot write with a broken arm.
Bullies will always target the ones that don't fight back, and it's no good waiting for the referee to act, as he is an even softer touch. We will get no respect from either the opponents or the referees until we stand up for ourselves.
The meek will never inherit the earth.
That's why I like the look of Morro, we need a few more like him.
Otherwise come the end of the season, we will be eating dirt once again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

DeuceBigelow

It's a trend I've seen when Middlesbrough visit. A bench full of angry, red-faced Neanderthals jumping up and down like baboons, intimidating everyone around them. Those on the Cardiff bench looked like they'd never kicked a ball in their life, but would be handy in a pub brawl. An embarrassment to the game. Warnock clearly does this on purpose because disgusting aggression and screaming subsided once the ref had come over to warn him. The FA must kerb this behaviour.
Riverside Block W

Robbie

... on another issue doesn't anyone find our tactics after going one up pretty woeful?
There is no way in the Championship that you can just sit back for 10-15 minutes and hang on for a draw.
Never works !

SP

Quote from: DeuceBigelow on September 10, 2017, 07:16:35 PM
It's a trend I've seen when Middlesbrough visit. A bench full of angry, red-faced Neanderthals jumping up and down like baboons, intimidating everyone around them. Those on the Cardiff bench looked like they'd never kicked a ball in their life, but would be handy in a pub brawl. An embarrassment to the game. Warnock clearly does this on purpose because disgusting aggression and screaming subsided once the ref had come over to warn him. The FA must kerb this behaviour.

We sit next to the dugout, I wonder what response I'd get if I was effing & blinding like they were.  One of the coaches was a complete embarrassment, He kept a low profile in the second half, I think he must've realised he was lucky to escape sanction from his antics in the first half.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Harry Bayles on September 10, 2017, 02:01:47 PM
Booking Button for timewasting was ridiculous, Cardiff had been employing the same timewasting tactics all game, dithering over free kicks, throw ins etc. and yet soon as we did it Button was booked. once they equalised they started doing it again but the ref never said anything to them about it.
Absolutely. All game the rightsided centre back took throw-ins, even on the left. They often took 25 seconds and one took nearly 40 seconds. After a while I started timing them as I was getting so bored. Reminded me of Stoke with Delap, strolling over, cleaning the ball etc. All game. First half, second half ... until they were one-nil down funnily enough. Then suddenly it was so much quicker. And each time they took 10 - 15 yards. One instance, yes just one instance, of possible timewasting, and a straight yellow for us.

And as for the penalty. Stonewall. The player went for the ball, missed it and caught Ayite on the ankle. Shameful decision. 

What about the foul against Sessegnon (I think, or was it Fred?) when he was trying to get past the player who was holding him and he gave it the other way? This was when we were still 1-0 up and not long before the goal. Really important time. Anyone in the Johnny Haynes have a better view that contradicited what I saw?

And how about the ref giving the no 3  and the captain a lecture about persistent fouling because of the ire of the crowd. 30 seconds later the captain stops a break by holding onto one of ours ... foul yes, but no yellow card.

Just a selection.....

HamsterWheel

He was utterly awful, assumed his name was Dai Llewelyn or summat with the way he was so pally with the Cardiff players. He forever seemed to be chatting with their Captain Morrison and also Sol Bamba (who was very good).
Shouldn't be surprised - he sent off Madl the last time he was at The Cottage
https://www.football-lineups.com/match/245361/