News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the depth of a footballers decisions and environment...?

Started by General, September 11, 2017, 08:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Watching the west ham Huddersfield match and seeing the new stadium and players like chicharito , Hart and zabaleta...

Thought I'd ask what influences a players decision process and how can a club develop past being a mid table club (in my life span) like west ham who've been relegated a couple of times to being taken more seriously as a club by players and from that improving their own clubs circumstances on and off the pitch..

So a new big stadium clearly adds to a players interest to play for a club.. they want to play in the biggest stadiums in front of the most people with the nicest facilities...

The increase in a clubs stadia then allows the clubs revenues to grow substantially which allows for greater wages. .

What else is there though that a player takes into consideration?

If you don't have a stadium the size of West hams where does that organic appeal and growth come from?

We talk about success but what contributes to that?

A club identity and brand is important.. perhaps one of the distinguishing factors for us...

Players would move to a club to play with particular /better players.. so is it worth the financial outlay to buy in a top player as not only an asset to the team but as an attraction for a better quality of player?

What about wage? Realistically most players in the premiership even will probably make on average around 20-30k a week or less so whilst wages will make a difference the likelihood they'll get paid more in relation to those on 50/60k or the top performers on over 100-200k per week must mean there are environmental things that can influence a player..

Location is another.. London....

Wondering if we could build a conclusive list of all the triggers that excite a player to play for a club psychologically to the point we could assess how fulham fare and areas we may be able to address?

Playing style has obviously contributed to our latest recruits joining...

love4ffc

Personally think a club's reputation and current team manager/coach should be more important in a player's decision making process when it comes to joining a club.  The stadium should be the last thing on their mind.  Would be more concerned about their training facilities then their stadium.  But that's just me. 

As for the size of the stadium, obviously the larger the stadium the more revenue generating possibilities.  Key word there is possibilities as there is no guarantee that you can fill a big stadium just because you build it. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Bassey the warrior

I think wages are the main factor driving West Ham. English teams pay the most.

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?