watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh, so, predictable Slav

Started by Wearethewhites, September 16, 2017, 05:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Seems to be a few of these floating around today, so apologies, but, feel I need to get this off my chest, and some feedback from you lot.

Usually a fan of Jokanovic, but, with his second season in charge, I feel his tactics are becoming oh, so predictable, and that teams are now working us out.

Burton were a prime example of that today, not a great side, but set theirselves up perfectly to handle the way we play, and after coming unstuck, we didn't know what to do, or how to change the game.

These excuses of 'poor refs' and players not being 'clinical' enough is really starting to grate on me now. So what? Fulham are being singled out by these refs, and teams like Brighton and N'castle don't suffer? - Rubbish.

Regardless of the summer transfers, Jokanovic sets his team up and takes training all week, so players not being able to score in a brothel, is down to him and his coaches. Never known a team to miss so many opportunities in front of goal, yet, it's exactly the same situation as last season.

Saying we need an out-and-out striker, but would Jokanovic play one anyway? Seems to me, he's arrogant enough to play a false No.9 in games in favour of 3 attacking players.

I'm going to take this one, begrudgingly, on the chin, as a freak loss, as all teams suffer them throughout a season, but, I'm starting to really question Slav's decision making lately.

Woolly Mammoth

We may have to brace ourselves for a few freak losses, unless Jok starts learning from his mistakes, starts being proactive and not reactive, and make sure his team and players grow a pair, and that's just for starters, because I dread to think what his team talks are like going by the reaction of the players on the field of play, because our soft underbelly is making us an easy target and three points begging for any team that sticks it up us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Luka

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 16, 2017, 05:56:19 PM
Seems to be a few of these floating around today, so apologies, but, feel I need to get this off my chest, and some feedback from you lot.

Usually a fan of Jokanovic, but, with his second season in charge, I feel his tactics are becoming oh, so predictable, and that teams are now working us out.

Burton were a prime example of that today, not a great side, but set theirselves up perfectly to handle the way we play, and after coming unstuck, we didn't know what to do, or how to change the game.

These excuses of 'poor refs' and players not being 'clinical' enough is really starting to grate on me now. So what? Fulham are being singled out by these refs, and teams like Brighton and N'castle don't suffer? - Rubbish.

Regardless of the summer transfers, Jokanovic sets his team up and takes training all week, so players not being able to score in a brothel, is down to him and his coaches. Never known a team to miss so many opportunities in front of goal, yet, it's exactly the same situation as last season.

Saying we need an out-and-out striker, but would Jokanovic play one anyway? Seems to me, he's arrogant enough to play a false No.9 in games in favour of 3 attacking players.

I'm going to take this one, begrudgingly, on the chin, as a freak loss, as all teams suffer them throughout a season, but, I'm starting to really question Slav's decision making lately.

So I posted this in March ....

"If we don't get promoted this season we will need to have a wholesale change in players, tactics and possibly manager in the summer.
We have turned into a one trick pony that organised defensive units can cope with, especially big physical ones like wolves. Teams are happy for us to play in front of them then take us on the break. All the half decent managers in the Championship will take this knowledge into next season.
Just an opinion !!.
COYW"

Got slated for it!!
It's going to be a tough season for us until we find a new trick.

ron

The reason that's got all of us fretting?  :032:
The odds of making top six in the betting.  :dft007:
Intricate passing, shorter and shorter....
Ain't achieving the things that it oughta  :001:
Having seventy-odd percent of possession
Means nothing without a bit of aggression.
The reason for losing is simply and wholly....
We've no one to stick the ball past their goalie.  :031:

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 16, 2017, 05:56:19 PM

Ah but. Was it a freak result or the result of some good homework, a team strategy, playing to a plan and playing your socks off. Nicely done Mr Clough jnr.