https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Sess undroppable ?

Started by Riversider, September 18, 2017, 02:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 19, 2017, 01:19:16 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 19, 2017, 12:42:17 PM
How do you know Soares is going to be best LB in league.... Proof.
Just because he come from Porto...Nonsense talked on here.
I get your point, but given the system we play, the fact he's one of the highest rated young LBs in Europe, has an impressive pedigree is enough for me to say he'd be up there with the best in the league.

I can also back up your point as I can actually say he is one of the few foreign players I have seen live and can have an opinion before they put on the shirt of Fulham.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 19, 2017, 01:19:37 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 19, 2017, 01:14:35 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 19, 2017, 11:23:47 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 18, 2017, 09:04:37 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 18, 2017, 08:33:24 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 18, 2017, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 18, 2017, 07:12:00 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 18, 2017, 04:59:43 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 18, 2017, 03:49:25 PM
Would always play Odoi behind Sess. I think Sess is a wonderful player but clearly is much better in a more advanced role and we all know he is not a great defender. Nobody is undroppable but I would say the Sess isn't a good enough defender.

As for Soares. He is injured, he may be brilliant but that is neither here nor there. Until he is fit he is useless to us. A useless acquisition.
'Soares may be brilliant but he's currently injured so he's a pointless signing' players don't stay injured forever you know. Might as well call Cairney useless.

We didn't bring an injured Cairney into the club. We did bring an injured Greek player into the club that cost millions and he was injured for his entire stay here. Bringing in an injured player on loan is a ludicrous piece of business IMO.
Why? a loan means there's barely any risk whatsoever.

This is nonsense. Why not bring in a player that isn't injured. Or bring a loan player up front. What is the point of bringing in a left back who is injured when Odoi is more than capable of filling in that role? The risk is we have wasted a loan signing and for what?
Because Soares is a cut above anyone else we would have signed. When he's fit, he'll most likely be the best LB in the league.

+1 but Id leave it there, you wont get through. I've tried it's all black and white for some. Soares is injured so he's rubbish. Fonte is injured so hes a sicknote. We lost to Burton so Joka should get fired. We didnt buy Gayle so our recruitment team is rubbish. I prefer FIFA so our revenue office is rubbish,. I dont believe in gambling so our sponsor sucks.

#yawn

064.gif

What a patronising post. I am so sorry that I and those that share my opinion are not worth getting through to. Although you do then go on to make statements that were simply never made. However you must try and do your best to share your wisdom with us. We need you guiding light to show us why we are always wrong. I mean an MB with differing views. Good grief. Some of us don't deserve to have you experts posting among us.

Pot meet my friend kettle.

Every comment in that post has emerged on this forum in the last few weeks in some form or another. Now don't get emotional, I didn't say you weren't worth getting through to, I said that it wouldn't get through. Clearly a factual statement as shown by your post.

I am sorry for emotional outburst. I shall pick up my petticoats and swoon under your badinage and retire gracefully.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 19, 2017, 01:30:04 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 19, 2017, 01:19:37 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 19, 2017, 01:14:35 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 19, 2017, 11:23:47 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 18, 2017, 09:04:37 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 18, 2017, 08:33:24 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 18, 2017, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 18, 2017, 07:12:00 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 18, 2017, 04:59:43 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 18, 2017, 03:49:25 PM
Would always play Odoi behind Sess. I think Sess is a wonderful player but clearly is much better in a more advanced role and we all know he is not a great defender. Nobody is undroppable but I would say the Sess isn't a good enough defender.

As for Soares. He is injured, he may be brilliant but that is neither here nor there. Until he is fit he is useless to us. A useless acquisition.
'Soares may be brilliant but he's currently injured so he's a pointless signing' players don't stay injured forever you know. Might as well call Cairney useless.

We didn't bring an injured Cairney into the club. We did bring an injured Greek player into the club that cost millions and he was injured for his entire stay here. Bringing in an injured player on loan is a ludicrous piece of business IMO.
Why? a loan means there's barely any risk whatsoever.

This is nonsense. Why not bring in a player that isn't injured. Or bring a loan player up front. What is the point of bringing in a left back who is injured when Odoi is more than capable of filling in that role? The risk is we have wasted a loan signing and for what?
Because Soares is a cut above anyone else we would have signed. When he's fit, he'll most likely be the best LB in the league.

+1 but Id leave it there, you wont get through. I've tried it's all black and white for some. Soares is injured so he's rubbish. Fonte is injured so hes a sicknote. We lost to Burton so Joka should get fired. We didnt buy Gayle so our recruitment team is rubbish. I prefer FIFA so our revenue office is rubbish,. I dont believe in gambling so our sponsor sucks.

#yawn

064.gif

What a patronising post. I am so sorry that I and those that share my opinion are not worth getting through to. Although you do then go on to make statements that were simply never made. However you must try and do your best to share your wisdom with us. We need you guiding light to show us why we are always wrong. I mean an MB with differing views. Good grief. Some of us don't deserve to have you experts posting among us.

Pot meet my friend kettle.

Every comment in that post has emerged on this forum in the last few weeks in some form or another. Now don't get emotional, I didn't say you weren't worth getting through to, I said that it wouldn't get through. Clearly a factual statement as shown by your post.

I am sorry for emotional outburst. I shall pick up my petticoats and swoon under your badinage and retire gracefully.

There's no need to do that, I am enjoying the debate with you :) I also love the use of badinage, that's a word that needs a resurgence.

SG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2017, 08:10:14 PM
So on that basis, not only do we concede goals against teams with big lumps, we also concede goals against teams with little lumps.
That i thought is self evident. Where we differ is what type of defender CH is required to stop them. I remain of the view that the deficiency arises more through the actual coaching and team set up, as the type of player

Carborundum

Sessegnon isn't undroppable.  If he were we'd be hoping to get 40+ games out of a seventeen year old.  That seems too much. At some point he gets a spell.

When Soares starts he'll be coming back from injury, getting used to new teammates in a new league in a foreign country speaking a different language.  For quite a while surely the only place he'll play to his diagnosed high potential is on FIFA 18.

He might swiftly become great for us.  Then again Luke Garbutt came very highly rated. 

Luka

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2017, 07:28:28 PM
Quote from: SG on September 18, 2017, 07:22:44 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2017, 06:58:38 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 18, 2017, 06:37:17 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 18, 2017, 04:06:19 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2017, 03:01:26 PM
Nobody is exempt from being dropped, but we all know by now that Sess is a better player when playing further up the pitch and Odoi is good enough to start at left back with Sess in front of him. 
You reap what you sow, and our failure to bring in a tall powerful quality centre back who is taller than 5 foot and a fag paper will bite us on the back side, if Middsboroughs big units have their way against our powder puff lightweight defence, but I have been saying this for months that we need a big unit ourselves.
If Burton can score against us, then anyone can.
On the other hand Fulham could turn it on its head and win, who knows with Fulham, and that's the main problem, no consistency.

Disagree that we needed a tall centre back. You don't get them cheap if they're good with the ball at their feet, something essential to our style.

Agree agree

Sheep, just like some of the players.

The way to play against big units is to cut off the supply to them. That means full backs cutting out crosses, it means a mid field player closing down the man with the ball, it means goalkeepers coming to collect the crossed ball. It does not necessarily mean a big lump of a centre half. That is the way SJ plays it and they managed to keep Zahore completely under wraps. Ba Ba  :003:

Let's see how they handle Middlesbrough then. Cause if they fail, then there will be plenty of sheep shearing to do, and your wool will be the first to go.

Thought we coped with the BIG Middlesbrough side well today.....🤡

filham

To me Sess. didn't look at all comfortable in the first half against Boro this afternoon and I really thought that the back four woud look more solid with Odoi at left back.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 19, 2017, 01:15:13 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 19, 2017, 12:42:17 PM
How do you know Soares is going to be best LB in league.... Proof.
Just because he come from Porto...Nonsense talked on here.

Does the answer "my own eyes" count as proof?

Oh he's played for us has he?
Where was I,missed that.

Riversider

Couldn't see from where I was sat in Block S but I'm hearing that Sess was badly at fault for their goal playing them all on side, can anyone clarify ?
Going back to my original post on this thread Sess lived up to what I said about him, sensational going forward with some unbelievable crosses, but a bloody liability at the back,
Get Odoi in at left back for the next two games and give Sess a free license up front to tear the right back apart.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Luka on September 23, 2017, 06:44:24 PM
Nobody is exempt from being dropped, but we all know by now that Sess is a better player when playing further up the pitch and Odoi is good enough to start at left back with Sess in front of him. 
You reap what you sow, and our failure to bring in a tall powerful quality centre back who is taller than 5 foot and a fag paper will bite us on the back side, if Middsboroughs big units have their way against our powder puff lightweight defence, but I have been saying this for months that we need a big unit ourselves.
On the other hand Fulham could turn it on its head and win, who knows with Fulham, and that's the main problem, no consistency.

Disagree that we needed a tall centre back. You don't get them cheap if they're good with the ball at their feet, something essential to our style.

Agree agree

The way to play against big units is to cut off the supply to them. That means full backs cutting out crosses, it means a mid field player closing down the man with the ball, it means goalkeepers coming to collect the crossed ball. It does not necessarily mean a big lump of a centre half. That is the way SJ plays it and they managed to keep Zahore completely under wraps. Ba Ba  :003:

Let's see how they handle Middlesbrough then. Cause if they fail, then there will be plenty of sheep shearing to do, and your wool will be the first to go.

We coped better, but unfortunately our shortcomings defensively came back to haunt us, as we failed defend a set piece, in this case corner once again, and could not cope for more that two minutes to defend a lead we deservedy earned, and with only a few minutes left when we took the lead, that is so frustrating and gutting.
The problem is, because of the frailties in our timid defence. We need to score at least two goals to guarantee any chance of a victory, and we are failing to score enough and failing to keep clean sheets and defend a lead for a short period of time.
Until that improves both ends of the pitch, we will be rueing the failure to address our shortcomings before the season began.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

F(f)CUK

Sess shouldn't be dropped, just moved forward. He is one of our best attackers.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 23, 2017, 08:55:55 PM

I agree there, he is worth his weight in gold.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2017, 09:03:21 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 23, 2017, 08:55:55 PM

I agree there, he is worth his weight in gold.

Which is exactly what we started the thread with.

Luka

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2017, 08:51:47 PM

Agree agree

We coped better, but unfortunately our shortcomings defensively came back to haunt us, as we failed defend a set piece, in this case corner once again, and could not cope for more that two minutes to defend a lead we deservedy earned, and with only a few minutes left when we took the lead, that is so frustrating and gutting.
The problem is, because of the frailties in our timid defence. We need to score at least two goals to guarantee any chance of a victory, and we are failing to score enough and failing to keep clean sheets and defend a lead for a short period of time.
Until that improves both ends of the pitch, we will be rueing the failure to address our shortcomings before the season began.
So in regards to needing a big lump at centre back to cope with Middlesbrough your thoughts now are what ?
Just asking because you were pretty much balls out about it being a must have before, especially with your comments made regarding sheep and shearing etc.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Luka on September 23, 2017, 09:24:59 PM

Agree agree

So in regards to needing a big lump at centre back to cope with Middlesbrough your thoughts now are what ?
Just asking because you were pretty much balls out about it being a must have before, especially with your comments made regarding sheep and shearing etc.

Yes and I stand by that, and if we had a big lump centre back marshalling our defense. Then maybe our defensive frailties would not have been exposed once again.
Sheep and Sheering is still on the agenda, and my special guest will be Alan Sheerer. 🐑

Never forget your Roots.

Luka

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2017, 10:27:03 PM

Agree agree

Yes and I stand by that, and if we had a big lump centre back marshalling our defense. Then maybe our defensive frailties would not have been exposed once again.
Sheep and Sheering is still on the agenda, and my special guest will be Alan Sheerer. 🐑

Forget our failure to clear for their goal, that was just poor defending from more than one player. The question was, did we miss a lump of a CB today or did we FAIL to cope with their physical presence without one ?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Luka on September 23, 2017, 10:42:09 PM

Agree agree

Forget our failure to clear for their gaol, that was just poor defending from more than one player. The question was, did we miss a lump of a CB today or did we cope with their physical presence without one ?

Yes we did miss a commanding big unit of a centre back, which in my opinion we miss every match. Today we coped better but still cannot keep a clean sheet because defensively we can be fragile. We coped better as they were missing good forwards who were injured, so maybe the defence got off the hook on this occasion.
But when a team starts throwing players forward including the kitchen sink, that's when we are seen to lack a presence more in the defence, as well as a serious lack of depth, and when players are pulled out of positiion, and lose our shape due to not coping with pressure, that results in the Fulham players in defensive areas failing to restore the balance quick enough.

Never forget your Roots.

Luka

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2017, 10:53:33 PM

Agree agree

Forget our failure to clear for their gaol, that was just poor defending from more than one player. The question was, did we miss a lump of a CB today or did we cope with their physical presence without one ?

Yes we did miss a commanding big unit of a centre back, which in my opinion we miss every match. Today we coped better but still cannot keep a clean sheet because defensively we can be fragile. We coped better as they were missing good forwards who were injured, so maybe the defence got off the hook on this occasion.
But when a team starts throwing players forward including the kitchen sink, that's when we are seen to lack a presence more in the defence, as well as a serious lack of depth, and when players are pulled out of positiion, and lose our shape due to not coping with pressure, that results in the Fulham players in defensive areas failing to restore the balance quick enough.

We had enough to win this game. We matched them and then some everywhere. While I understand the "they don't score we can't loose" mentality the fact remains that we had enough chances in the game to win by a good margin. Sess missed a sitter and AK should have had a brace. Their goal was a consequence of a number of mistakes within a 10 second period and from more than one player. It certainly was not because we didn't  have a big CB. 
We did not get overrun by a big Middlesbrough side as you predicted. The "Powder puffs" did fine.
The overriding issue again was our inability to execute in front of goal.

hovewhite

We let a goal in v boro despite having 3 defenders that were not sure what to do including sees,that's why we drew.
Performance wise very good.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Luka on September 24, 2017, 12:37:34 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2017, 10:53:33 PM

Agree agree

We had enough to win this game. We matched them and then some everywhere. While I understand the "they don't score we can't loose" mentality the fact remains that we had enough chances in the game to win by a good margin. Sess missed a sitter and AK should have had a brace. Their goal was a consequence of a number of mistakes within a 10 second period and from more than one player. It certainly was not because we didn't  have a big CB. 
We did not get overrun by a big Middlesbrough side as you predicted. The "Powder puffs" did fine.
The overriding issue again was our inability to execute in front of goal.

The powder puffs let in a powder puff goal, because we gave no big unit, no prescence in the heart of the defence who can marshal his players around him.
I accept we played very well in periods of play, but our defence is lightweight and vulnerable.
That is confirmed by the very few clean sheets we collect.
But then again, if we took our chances up front then, conceding a late goal would not be quite so costly.
So there are problems at both ends. Forwards don't score, puts pressure on defence not to concede.
Defence cannot keep a clean sheet, which puts pressure on forwards to score more.
Not a recipe for success.

Never forget your Roots.