https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bad refs or......

Started by Skatzoffc, September 19, 2017, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Another poor result.
Another crap ref?

Let's face it the ref standard in this division is shocking and it's not going to get any better.

This season most teams will play against us in the way teams have set up against us so far. If they play open football they will get thumped.

We need to realise this and man up.
We need to take our chances in games and we need to kill off teams when we get the opportunity.

We need to beat teams when the opposition play anti football and when the ref is useless, and let's the opposition foul us off the park.

We need to wake up if we want to win promotion.
We are going to have to do this the hard way.

Personally I wouldn't have it any other way. It will be all the sweeter when it comes good.

COME ON YOU WHITES!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Woolly Mammoth

My question is, are these referees and linos, that bad as to be labelled as shocking and of a poor standard. Because I feel that nearer the truth is that a percentage of them are no longer impartial. Every week we see appalling refereeing, at that standard they cannot be that bad. Nobody can be that bad. So what's the explanation. It's simple, they lack courage and integrety.
They must knowingly make a bad call, whether it's yielding to intimidation, trying to even another bad call up, or allowing their personal feelings to cloud their judgment, because as I have previously stated, nobody can be that bad unless it's deliberate, it's impossible.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2017, 08:31:43 PM
My question is, are these referees and linos, that bad as to be labelled as shocking and of a poor standard. Because I feel that nearer the truth is that a percentage of them are no longer impartial. Every week we see appalling refereeing, at that standard they cannot be that bad. Nobody can be that bad. So what's the explanation. It's simple, they lack courage and integrety.
They must knowingly make a bad call, whether it's yielding to intimidation, trying to even another bad call up, or allowing their personal feelings to cloud their judgment, because as I have previously stated, nobody can be that bad unless it's deliberate, it's impossible.
I think generally the standard has been poorer this season so far than last but the argument is that it affects both teams. I do think that it affects us if we dont get the fouls called when our touch players get kicked off the park and not everyone plays like us so arguably it effects us more.

Just for conspiracy theory sake there is a lot of gambling in China on football matches - not on Chinese games as that is not allowed but on western games. There is rumbling about lower level European games being fixed by Chinese mafia, cant touch the top leagues as too visible and the money to do so would be too high to make it work. That non penalty on Saturday would be a classic way for a bet on a non favored team Burton for someone to make some money...refs are paid peanuts so if you were going to fix a match easier to bribe the ref than a player....
Quark, strangeness and charm

Andy S

It has been pretty bad this season but the same as in previous years. You never notice the bad decisions when you win anyway

Wearethewhites

Another bad result, to add to Bristol Rovers.

Fed up with using 'refs' as an excuse, Championship is full of them, and fans make out FFC are the only ones. Every club is subject to a bad 'ref' or 'reffing' decisions.

Bottom line is, if we're more 'clinical' we'd be winning these games 3-2 or 4-2, but we don't.

hovewhite

I go alomg with that and until we either start putting the these chances away or sign a finisher like gayle we should look at ourselves first and stop bleating about crap officials,as it wont make them any better.

Slaphead in Qatar

Fulham are not the sort of team or club a ref would have it in for. We are harmless.
We need to stop make my excuses for our average start to the season, it's not the fault of biased or bad refereeing.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 19, 2017, 10:18:56 PM
Another bad result, to add to Bristol Rovers.

Fed up with using 'refs' as an excuse, Championship is full of them, and fans make out FFC are the only ones. Every club is subject to a bad 'ref' or 'reffing' decisions.

Bottom line is, if we're more 'clinical' we'd be winning these games 3-2 or 4-2, but we don't.

Exactly.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

colinwhite

Cant use refs as an excuse but everything seemed to given against us and nothing for against Burton and Cardiff. They both looked as though they had een bribed!That "penalty" decision has got to be one of the worst I have ever seen. Whilst not an excuse it certainly doesnt make things any easier.

hovewhite

Quote from: colinwhite on September 20, 2017, 10:46:12 AM
Cant use refs as an excuse but everything seemed to given against us and nothing for against Burton and Cardiff. They both looked as though they had een bribed!That "penalty" decision has got to be one of the worst I have ever seen. Whilst not an excuse it certainly doesnt make things any easier.
Vcardiff and burton we had enough chances to win both games ignoring the refs in those games plus no TC .

toshes mate

The standard of refereeing at the highest levels of the game is pretty average at best.  Inconsistency is always the bane of any professional football match since it leads us to conclude the 'ref' has it in for us, when, for them, it is just a job and nobody in authority cares much if the ref is good, bad or indifferent as long as the game, as a whole, keeps raking the money in.

Football followers, fans and supporters of the professional game do have a remedy if they are prepared to unite together and take concerted action to raise standards within the game to an acceptable level and that is to withdraw the good money they pay to football in an organised fashion - don't buy tickets; don't subscribe to Sky or other sponsors etc; don't buy merchandise.  When money stops flowing through the veins of the football system then we may see the global, international and national authorities begin to think about the game much more seriously than they do now from their palatial splendour knowing that no matter what they do the mugs will still keep paying the cash as they come back for more and more of the same.   I am one of those mugs but I'd be first to stand behind a real football leader who said to all supporters we can do so much better than this because what we have is frankly a pale shadow of what it could be like. 

The remedies are always in our own hands.   Will we ever do something to seriously disrupt the game (and team) we love?  No, I don't think so.

SuffolkWhite

I think the standard is bad. But when we are playing a game and we suss the Ref is going to let fouling go, then play the Ref and do what the other team is doing!

Man up Fulham, more direct passing football with and aggressive edge of taking no prisoners!

049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on September 20, 2017, 11:02:29 AM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on September 19, 2017, 09:00:01 PM
refs are paid peanuts

It should be mandatory for a professional ref to have a degree-type qualification for which they spend several years in an academy testing their knowledge of the rules, speed of thought, confidence, backbone etc.

They should be struck off and barred from refeering in the event of any dishonesty or massive errors of judgment in their personal lives, like we do with lawyers or doctors.

they should be scored by both managers, both team captains and mulitple neutral adjudicators during the game, and again after the game by another adjudicator reviewing the big decisions against video footage. all those scores published for everyone to see.

Every half season, the lowest scoring refs get replaced by the highest scoring refs from the division below.

i.e. An incentivised, competitive, transparent system.   

That's a really good idea mate. You should write a letter to the FA with your idea.. An no, I'm not being sarcastic!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

Boro is going to be a tough game and the chances are we will be outmuscled and there will be some close decisions against us, we will also miss a few good goal scoring opportunities.

If we lose please, please let us not blame the poor ref., he will be doing his best and the chances are that his errors will be evenly shared between the two clubs

NogoodBoyo

refs are paid peanuts

I've said elsewhere IMO the whole system is well ripe for reform.

In the average Championship match you've 22 players on about £750k pa each. The ref has a bigger impact than any of them individually so I'd say even at our level the top refs should be earning £1m pa, double or treble that in the premiership.

But then I'd say there also needs to be proper training and scrutiny.

it should be mandatory for a professional ref to have a degree-type qualification for which they spend several years in an academy testing their knowledge of the rules, speed of thought, confidence, backbone etc.

They should be struck off and barred from refeering in the event of any dishonesty or massive errors of judgment in their personal lives, like we do with lawyers or doctors.

they should be scored by both managers, both team captains and mulitple neutral adjudicators during the game, and again after the game by another adjudicator reviewing the big decisions against video footage. all those scores published for everyone to see.

Every half season, the lowest scoring refs get replaced by the highest scoring refs from the division below.

This is it.  In a nutshell.
Nogood "brilliant it is, isit" Boyo

love4ffc

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 21, 2017, 03:58:58 AM
refs are paid peanuts

I've said elsewhere IMO the whole system is well ripe for reform.

In the average Championship match you've 22 players on about £750k pa each. The ref has a bigger impact than any of them individually so I'd say even at our level the top refs should be earning £1m pa, double or treble that in the premiership.

But then I'd say there also needs to be proper training and scrutiny.

it should be mandatory for a professional ref to have a degree-type qualification for which they spend several years in an academy testing their knowledge of the rules, speed of thought, confidence, backbone etc.

This is it.  In a nutshell.
Nogood "brilliant it is, isit" Boyo
Agree with Statto.  Spot on  :54:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

masterhaynes

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 20, 2017, 12:46:14 PM
I think the standard is bad. But when we are playing a game and we suss the Ref is going to let fouling go, then play the Ref and do what the other team is doing!

Man up Fulham, more direct passing football with and aggressive edge of taking no prisoners!

049:gif
You can dismiss this a s a referee rant but over 40 years observing referees behavior at the cottage when our players start putting in  tackles they go straight into the book while blatant yellow card efforts by opposition doesn't even generate anything other than a free kick. Poor referees are part of the game but clear lack of even handedness and consistency is something that is part and parcel of being a Fulham supporter along with seeing Fulham spurn bucket loads of chances unfortunately.

Is the apparent lopsided decision making because the ground is not like some which are bear pits, the home crowd is not a hostile and regardless of who is manager and the generation of players I've seen rarely seen baiting or intimidation of referees on the pitch(excluding Michael Brown) or from the  touchline whereas opposition are often blatantly doing both for 90 mins.
I can't put my finger on what it is but referees seem to find it easy to award free kicks and book/send off Fulham players yet ignore taking further action for regular intimidating and bad fouls by opposition after award of free kick.

After the comment made a few years ago by the head of match referees we do know we get inexperienced and referees looking to restore their confidence/rating, after complaints raised that debut of the youngest ever premier referee was deferred so it would be at the cottage. He stated that we were one of the easiest places to referee and we should take it as a compliment. You'd think with that logic then that decisions would go more in our favour but can't say I've noticed.

grandad

My last word on the Burton ref is that he is from Stafford which is the same county as Burton are in. I thought this was not allowed.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobbo

Yes statto I like some of your suggestions, I've said it before on here , they are that bad now they really do need to be accountable for the dreadful decsions.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

RaySmith

If  it had been in the Prem there would have been a lot of focus on  the  decision, maybe too much, but in the Championship  it just seems swept under the carpet.

That's a point we've been  cost, at least - the decision seemed to knock  our confidence, with no redress.