watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Planning Application for Riverside Stand. Sept.18

Started by Robertw, September 19, 2017, 10:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertw

Scoping Opinion under Regulation 13 of The Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2011 (as amended) in respect of the redevelopment and expansion of the current Riverside Stand to increase the overall capacity of the Craven Cottage football ground by approximately 4,300 seats and also include new food and drink and service facilities, corporate hospitality space and up to nine residential apartments.

flyingfish

Just to be clear: this is not a planning application. It is a scoping opinion to seek formal confirmation of what the Environmental Impact Assessment that accompanies the application should cover. In other words to seek agreement with the planning authority as to the scope of supporting technical information. Indicates that an application is big prepared in earnest - my guess is a formal application in 4-6 months or so.

love4ffc

So if my math is correct, an increase of about 16.5% in seating capacity to a total of 30,000 seats.  How much do season tickets cost again and what would that mean as potential earnings? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

mrmicawbers

The main difference if we were to remain in the Championship is the non matchday income it would provide.Should we get back to the Premiership,besides the extra seats there would be a massive increase on the corporate side compared to the past.If they got the concept right I might consider spending time at the ground before and after the match.I currently along with my friends and family around 12 of us only have a drink at half time.So plenty of opportunities if they get it right.

Andy S

Southdowns White

Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 20, 2017, 08:29:53 AM
The main difference if we were to remain in the Championship is the non matchday income it would provide.Should we get back to the Premiership,besides the extra seats there would be a massive increase on the corporate side compared to the past.If they got the concept right I might consider spending time at the ground before and after the match.I currently along with my friends and family around 12 of us only have a drink at half time.So plenty of opportunities if they get it right.
I agree, get it right and you can bring in plenty of extra income. I never eat or drink at the stadium when I can sit in comfort and have good food and drink before the game at a pub or bar of my choice. I travel up from sussex and meet friends and relatives before every home game, we meet up eat, drink and have a chat without having to shout at each other like you do once inside the ground. I have done corporate hospitality at other grounds some of it good and some not so good in terms of quality and value for money, but I do agree with taking every penny from those who can afford it both on match days and non match days.

flyingfish

The juicy bits:

As well as seating - around 70,000 sq ft of retail, cafe, bars and community space. New river walkway. 9 flats within the Putney End and Hammersmith End.

In comparison,the approved scheme only had about 10,000 sq ft.

Will include underground basement space (this costs big bucks).

Construction during the season.

The granting of planning permission coincided with a change in ownership of the football club.
As is to be expected, the new owner has a fresh perspective and his own vision about how he
wants to develop the football club. A review of the approved plans has therefore been
undertaken and this concluded that whilst the designs were seen as a positive and exciting step
forward for the football club, the development represented such an important opportunity for its
football fans, corporate interests and the local community, and indeed the future of the Club,
that other design options should be considered.

The ambition of the football club is to return to the Premier League as soon as possible. The
football stadium has to match this ambition and deliver a truly memorable experience for the
supporters which can economically sustain the club's ambitions. This remains the key objective.
Aligned with this, the Club is determined to make the most of the opportunities presented by the
stadium's riverside location. This has influenced the decision to revisit the previous concept for
the Riverside Stand and use this as the basis to further develop the designs.

The new design concept is therefore based on creating a riverside development rather than just a
football stand next to the river. The design will enable the rear of the Stand to face onto the river
and give it a presence on the riverside that is currently lacking with the existing Stand and is less
pronounced in the approved 2013 scheme. It includes the creation of a new public realm and
additional commercial facilities within the new Stand which the local and wider community can
visit and spend time enjoying on match days but also on non-match days throughout the year.
At the same time, it will still enable the stadium to increase its overall seating capacity to 30,000
consistent with the previous design and shares many other characteristics with the approved
2013 scheme.

flyingfish

It is a riverside commercial development that happens to accommodate football supporters (effectively on its seaetd roof), rather than a football ground development that happens to accommodate commercial space.

Clever and canny, and shows a initiative and ambition on behalf of the Khans, and someone who seems to me to know what they are doing - they are attempting to secure development value from uses that are not directly associated with the football activity - presumably they have concluded that the development is much more viable and will clearly generate more revenue for the club in this way. Well done. 

toshes mate

Would the 'basement area' be a possible indication of a live music facility or is it something entirely different?

flyingfish

Quote from: toshes mate on September 20, 2017, 10:21:11 AM
Would the 'basement area' be a possible indication of a live music facility or is it something entirely different?

No, because that would require planning permission for Assembly and Leisure uses, which is not part of the scoping opinion.

G_Gribby

Basement construction (if digging is needed) sounds like also involves archaeology (we are in London). That can take some time depending on findings. Or..??
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

flyingfish

Quote from: G_Gribby on September 20, 2017, 10:57:11 AM
Basement construction (if digging is needed) sounds like also involves archaeology (we are in London). That can take some time depending on findings. Or..??

Delays to development due to archaeological remains are very rare, and everyone will already know what (if anything) is down therefore before works commence (they already know from the 2012 application. Hardly likely to be anything anyway - too close to the river.  I wouldn't worry about it - archaeology is a non- issue. But it will take ages to build - loads of piling, excavation and concrete pouring.

The issue here really is whether the planners accept what is really quite a substantial quantity of commercial space that is essentially a non-match day related development in a non-commercial area. This is a matter of principle - technical issues like archaeology can always be dealt with. Presumably the Council is quite comfortable, otherwise they wouldn't be progressing a formal application.

HamsterWheel

Basement parking appears to be only 9 spaces for the flats (there were 6 in the last scheme).
Quite a few plans if you click through into the Cover Email on here
http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OWHA72BI09V00
Looks to be a bit less height than previous version.

JoelH5

Quote from: flyingfish on September 20, 2017, 10:29:08 AM

No, because that would require planning permission for Assembly and Leisure uses, which is not part of the scoping opinion.

My friend is a civil engineer. The company he works for is bidding to be the developer of an underground car park space...

This isn't to say it's happening as they may just be working out costs but it would bring in a lot of revenue.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

flyingfish

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 20, 2017, 01:37:16 PM

My friend is a civil engineer. The company he works for is bidding to be the developer of an underground car park space...

This isn't to say it's happening as they may just be working out costs but it would bring in a lot of revenue.

I'm afraid your friend doesn't know quite as much as he's making out. This proposed basement is huge (under the whole of the riverside), but only 9 parking spaces are proposed (for the flats). One can infer the basement is for restaurants, retail and bars, but categorically not a massive parking area.

No one goes out for tender on a major engineering project until planning consent is secured (unless they want to burn money), and they will almost certainly have engineers on board designing the thing to get through planning. They will need some serious engineering input.

Baszab

Puts the FFC value up with planning permission in place

JoelH5

Quote from: flyingfish on September 20, 2017, 02:22:59 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on September 20, 2017, 01:37:16 PM

I'm afraid your friend doesn't know quite as much as he's making out. This proposed basement is huge (under the whole of the riverside), but only 9 parking spaces are proposed (for the flats). One can infer the basement is for restaurants, retail and bars, but categorically not a massive parking area.

No one goes out for tender on a major engineering project until planning consent is secured (unless they want to burn money), and they will almost certainly have engineers on board designing the thing to get through planning. They will need some serious engineering input.

I wouldn't have a clue and he wasnt involved with it first hand. He just told me as he knows I support Fulham
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Wearethewhites

Wouldn't it make sense to put the changing rooms in the basement area of the Riversiders, and free up the Cottage for other corporate space ?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: HamsterWheel on September 20, 2017, 01:36:32 PM
Basement parking appears to be only 9 spaces for the flats (there were 6 in the last scheme).
http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OWHA72BI09V00

How do you see the drawings? I cant download one of the files, it wont open on my phone. Would that be the plans you think?

Deeping_white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 21, 2017, 11:15:57 AM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on September 20, 2017, 01:36:32 PM

How do you see the drawings? I cant download one of the files, it wont open on my phone. Would that be the plans you think?

You have to open the covering email I think which has links to two documents, and the second of them has the drawings after about 50 something pages.