watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yikes!!! Ticket pricing for Middlesbrough

Started by Huxley, September 20, 2017, 10:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huxley

£35 for an adult for the cheapest seat anywhere in Hammy. Pretty steep. I remember Chelsea a few years ago was £50 and you got to see world stars... But £30 for a young person!!! I presume that's under 20! Here's me with a decent job complaining about £35. But I presume a young person with on a London living wage or there about's, £30 is a lot of money. These are next generation of fulham supporters, who no doubt are under pressure by their mates to support the Chelsea's, Spurs, City etc...  Think teh club is missing a trip there.. .

AlexW132

The club will shoot itself in the foot when we get about a 15k attendance

hovewhite

If i didnt have a season ticket i wouldnt pay that,it does bring another question if we go up how much will anybody pay in advance,also this season was the last season for the season ticket price freeze,how much will they go up?

Lighthouse

Sorry to keep on about this. But as late as the mid Seventies. I was earning 13 quid a week working in a shop. I could afford to go to Fulham games and travel  from the South Coast by train. I could buy a prog and have a take out on the way home.

In relative terms now. There is no way somebody could afford travel and a ticket nowadays just starting work. It is a disgrace how expensive everything has become. We are supposed to have all these labour saving devices. We are supposed to cut down on administration with computers doing all the heavy lifting. So why are we paid less and things are more expensive?

Sad thing is football will just be one of the losers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 20, 2017, 01:00:15 PM
Sorry to keep on about this. But as late as the mid Seventies. I was earning 13 quid a week working in a shop. I could afford to go to Fulham games and travel  from the South Coast by train. I could buy a prog and have a take out on the way home.

In relative terms now. There is no way somebody could afford travel and a ticket nowadays just starting work. It is a disgrace how expensive everything has become. We are supposed to have all these labour saving devices. We are supposed to cut down on administration with computers doing all the heavy lifting. So why are we paid less and things are more expensive?

Sad thing is football will just be one of the losers.
Everything back then pricewise always were less in proportion.

filham

It would seem as if we are trying to reduce our fan base, probably to give us reason to put the new stand on the back burner again.

hovewhite

Cant believe we would fill the cottage on a regular basis,in the 13 years in the prem cant recall on any regular basis that i can think of.

epsomraver

Quote from: hovewhite on September 20, 2017, 04:46:59 PM
Cant believe we would fill the cottage on a regular basis,in the 13 years in the prem cant recall on any regular basis that i can think of.
[/quote

We did against teams like Manure and the filth as there were so many tourists

Neil D

It is extortionate as I said on a previous thread about this match.  Furthermore, the idea that Middlesbrough represents some sort of 'premium' opposition, justifying the price hike is risible.  I shouldn't have bought a ticket as  it merely makes me an accessory to the fact.

epsomraver

Quote from: Neil D on September 20, 2017, 08:05:00 PM
It is extortionate as I said on a previous thread about this match.  Furthermore, the idea that Middlesbrough represents some sort of 'premium' opposition, justifying the price hike is risible.  I shouldn't have bought a ticket as  it merely makes me an accessory to the fact.
0001.jpeg

grandad

When I started work in 1962 at £4 a week I paid 19s 6p for the football special train journey up to Newcastle. Forget what the the admission ticket price was. That came in all to a quarter of a weeks pay. Doesn´t cost that now I guess.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

guess it is a tier 1 game. whiklst it doesn't make it right all teams give games categories or tiers and charge more for those in the higher tiers
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamfan

i blame that sales bloke they got in from Man united.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: fulhamross on September 21, 2017, 04:37:01 PM
i blame that sales bloke they got in from Man united.

The one whose job it is to increase revenue?

ScalleysDad

I am not a betting man but IF we get beat I bet it will be eleven minutes after the game that somebody suggests it was down to the ref, poor tactics, the inability to float in a decent corner and all that for £35 quid its unacceptable.

Of course a decent point is up for grabs here unless shooting practice has gone exceptionally well this week.

hovewhite

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 21, 2017, 05:27:22 PM
I am not a betting man but IF we get beat I bet it will be eleven minutes after the game that somebody suggests it was down to the ref, poor tactics, the inability to float in a decent corner and all that for £35 quid its unacceptable.

Of course a decent point is up for grabs here unless shooting practice has gone exceptionally well this week.
Shooting practice now there's an idea.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: hovewhite on September 21, 2017, 05:46:21 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 21, 2017, 05:27:22 PM

Shooting practice now there's an idea.

Thinking about it a bit more though not at the expense of crossing to the front and back posts, creative corners and free kicks on the edge of the box, throw ins, accurate, weighted passes in front of a player, communicating, not giving up on whole sections of the pitch, digging in and manning up then shooting.