more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA ban supporting the whites

Started by FFCAli, September 21, 2017, 12:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Forever Fulham makes a good point.

My late Mum would often say how beautiful black babies were when they were young. When she was told she couldn't say things like that. She said that she was sorry and she meant coloured babies. You see it was racism but it belonged to a different time without any racist hostility. Now we have far more hostility but the pretence of correctness. Historical context shouldn't be ignored and swept under the carpet and we shouldn't become over sensitive to the past.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 21, 2017, 09:25:37 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2017, 07:52:33 PM
hmmm, personally i think you devalue the argument a bit if you suggest there's nothing wrong with gollywogs and and the black and white minstrel show. i don't generally sympathise with the liberal snowflakes who complain about these sorts of things but i am with them on those particular items. quite right they've been phased out.

As a white person I find snowflake offensive but I don't suppose we are allowed to complain

So do I, so can we refrain from using such terms.

There was nothing wrong with those terms, as there was nothing wrong in the reciprocal terms used by those of others races towards us in response, in those times.

What is interesting is another term, used here in the states without reproach, referring to both Political party and animal alike, but now not used in the UK due to it's disparaging reference towards a black person. I will not say the word, but it is the shortened version Davy Crockett's hat!   

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Keynsham

That word has been around ever since I was a kid, LM and that was a long time ago!

Keynsham

I'm confused now!

Davy Crocketts hat wasn't a snowflake..

filham

The older you get the more difficult this all becomes, attitudes change, words change meaning, humour disappears so I have decided it is best stay clear particularly when different age groups are invoved.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Statto on September 22, 2017, 06:16:48 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on September 22, 2017, 05:04:17 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on September 21, 2017, 09:25:37 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2017, 07:52:33 PM
hmmm, personally i think you devalue the argument a bit if you suggest there's nothing wrong with gollywogs and and the black and white minstrel show. i don't generally sympathise with the liberal snowflakes who complain about these sorts of things but i am with them on those particular items. quite right they've been phased out.

As a white person I find snowflake offensive but I don't suppose we are allowed to complain

So do I, so can we refrain from using such terms.

There was nothing wrong with those terms, as there was nothing wrong in the reciprocal terms used by those of others races towards us in response, in those times.

What is interesting is another term, used here in the states without reproach, referring to both Political party and animal alike, but now not used in the UK due to it's disparaging reference towards a black person. I will not say the word, but it is the shortened version Davy Crockett's hat!   

Sorry, maybe we are reading from different dictionaries of slang, or maybe I've just misunderstood your and Sunbury's posts, but can I just clarify, "snowflake" is not a reference to white people but, as wikipedia puts it, "a neologistic term used to characterize the young adults of the 2010s as being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own."

I've never in my life heard it used to refer specifically to white people and that includes searching on Google just now for any such references.

I assumed Sunbury was being ironic but now you've said the same thing I assume you're serious.

One way or another this is surely the most ironic exchange of posts in the history of the forum.
Snowflake was often used on 'Love Thy Neighbour' ! Mind you, that's not on regular TV anymore.
Its a nightmare trying to keep up! Is there somewhere you can log-in to get regular updates?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

kiwian

Am I mistaken but didn't the English education authority ban the use of black as in baa baa black sheep, and they had to use rainbow instead? So rainbows are black?? Oh dear
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Keynsham

Quote from: kiwian on September 22, 2017, 11:32:31 PM
Am I mistaken but didn't the English education authority ban the use of black as in baa baa black sheep, and they had to use rainbow instead? So rainbows are black?? Oh dear

I've children in three different schools and I've never heard of anything like this. Who told you? Nigel Farage?