more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rafa Soares - encouraging news

Started by Southcoastffc, September 25, 2017, 10:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Luka on September 26, 2017, 10:48:58 AM
On the few occasions I have watched PL2, its been much less physical than first team football (and the ref's really make sure it is), however it is fast and skillful
The PL2 is a great tool for bringing players through, generating fitness and improving movement and ball skills.
That said, I think the jump to up to 1st team football is a very big one.

Agreed, it's why being knocked out of the cup early is such a shame (to me) as it gives players like Edun, DLT, O'Riley, etc chances to start for the first team at a young age.

We Are Premier League

Also a shame thatvthe PL2 games have fallen onv dates where we have not been able to send a couple of first team subs that could use the gametime. Madl, Djalo, Graham , Mollo etc.

Riverside

Quote from: mlangstrom on September 26, 2017, 11:37:52 AM
Also a shame thatvthe PL2 games have fallen onv dates where we have not been able to send a couple of first team subs that could use the gametime. Madl, Djalo, Graham , Mollo etc.

Agreed
I thought that was the point of the PL2 .
Madl , Djalo and Graham esp need game time .
Mollo I hope we are going to see more of in the 1st team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 25, 2017, 10:55:18 PM
Sounds as if neither would be good at defending. Plenty of crosses and still nobody to actually put them away.
[/quoteI was going to say it will be good to see youg Sess reived of duties at left back but in view of the above I am wondering if Soares at left back with Sess in front of him will be sound from a defensive point of view.

Twig

Quote from: res on September 26, 2017, 09:49:53 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on September 25, 2017, 10:51:58 PM
The PL2 team doesn't seem to be doing that great.  One win,  one tie in seven matches.  Not a great start to the season.   

The problem with the PL2 league is that squads (especially ours) get decimated by players going out on loan/places made available for first teamers coming back from injury/ Academy players/ late withdrawals to support the first team squad, meaning that teams put out are a collection of players rather than a team (our "squad" last night at Blackburn is a good example). The "U23" label is irrelevant and misleading. The consequent problem is that those consistently playing for the U23s in a jumbled up squad (such as ours) get into a losing mentality. One escape route is, perhaps, the much maligned Checkatrade trophy where we can preserve an "U23" squad and see how they get on in a more competitive environment...but how up and coming players get proper playing experience is still an issue for all clubs, not just ours.

Agreed, perhaps the FA and Football League should consider bringing back proper reserve team football, perhaps Nth and Sth divs to reduce travel costs/time?