watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harry Kane

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 27, 2017, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Hat-trick away in Europe last night,once he gets going the goals just seem to roll of his boots.
The boy really is a superb natural striker,oh if it was only the white shirt of Fulham he wore instead of theirs.

Woolly Mammoth

We could always place a bid for him in the next window.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 27, 2017, 08:11:35 AM

Offer Spuds a few extra car parts for 'add-ons' as an incentive.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Jonaldiniho 88

But he is one of their own. Yes that's it, grew up supporting arsenal, couldn't get into their academy and now he has been spuds since he was conceived. He is absolute quality and I wish him a long career.

Marcel_Gecov

The thing with Kane is that he never looks like a good player until he shoots (the important bit) but that being said his goalscoring speaks for itself. He often gets the ball deep and dillydallies around with it not passing to better placed team mates. I was speaking with one of the scouts at Tottenham and was saying that they think the reason for his proficiency is that he shoots a fraction earlier than goalkeepers expect which catches them off guard.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 27, 2017, 09:17:10 AM
The thing with Kane is that he never looks like a good player until he shoots (the important bit) but that being said his goalscoring speaks for itself. He often gets the ball deep and dillydallies around with it not passing to better placed team mates. I was speaking with one of the scouts at Tottenham and was saying that they think the reason for his proficiency is that he shoots a fraction earlier than goalkeepers expect which catches them off guard.

Which is all part of being a top striker,he is also a natural poacher like Jimmy Greaves,I wouldn't care what he does all over the park as long as it goes in the net.
Most of of the top strikers haven't looked like good players.

cmg

Natural goal scoring ability is the most valuable asset in the game and, although it might be improved on, is not something that can be coached. Being in the right place at the right time is often a matter of millimeters and nano seconds, and the most important action is what goes on inside the player's head.
Greaves was the most lethal English goalscorer I ever saw. Although he always had plenty to say, he could never articulate his own ability. "Well...I got the ball there...and...er...then I just stuck it in the net." was about the extent of his analysis of his own scores.

Gerd Müller's colleagues called him 'Kleines Dickes' (short, fat). He wasn't actually fat by any definition that I would recognize but he had thick, stumpy, bandy legs and an incredibly low-slung backside. He would have beaten no one over 50 yards, but was the quickest I ever saw over 5. More importantly those five yards were in just the right place. Not much more than 5'9" tall he was magnificent in the air. He averaged more than a goal a game in Internationals and, unlike little Messi (who I respect as a truly great player) he scored some of them them in WC finals.
He broke my heart in 1970 and is the greatest goalscorer I ever saw.

Slaphead in Qatar

Needs to do it on international stage

filham

No way , his stats. would probably highlight that his defensive throw ins are not too strong.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 27, 2017, 10:33:09 AM
Needs to do it on international stage

I shouldn't think Spurs fans care what he does for England.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: filham on September 27, 2017, 10:42:08 AM
No way , his stats. would probably highlight that his defensive throw ins are not too strong.

lol