watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nottingham Forest chances last night

Started by Fernhurst, September 27, 2017, 12:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

We got three points, I am sure the Coach noted our weaknesses. Let us enjoy the fact we are now in the top half of the table and just hope that we have a performance in us for Friday night.

Fernhurst

Suppose if we set up more defensively it would be to the detriment of our exciting attacking play. Quite attuned to Jim when he's getting worried and that's transferable and no bloody good for my well being.
COYW

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Got to agree, they had at least 4 'easy' chances
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

snarks

Have to remember, we hit the post and the bar.

As we frequently post on here the number of chances we create as opposed to the number of goals we score is pretty poor. All teams are going to create chances, and if they have them but don't convert them, it doesn't really matter.

Take the QPR home game last year, they had 2 chances and scored twice, we had about 10, and missed 2 penalties and lost. Yes I would like us to be as defensively sound as we were against Cardiff and Norwich and Leeds, when they didn't have a lot of chances, but I would prefer letting the other side have more chances if we won, as we did last night.

Lighthouse

But then how many times this season have we been in Forests boots and missed a few sitters. Had command of the game and not won. I felt pleased we hung on in the first half. Changed it around in the second half and managed to score three times against the run of play.

Don't want to make a habit of it. But the changes to the team because of injury etc meant we had to play in the first half with a formation and team most of us were very happy about but seemed not to work out very well. When it changed and Sess moved back and Norwood came on to bolster the midfield we were better. Not great but better.

Back to my mantra of the squads better shame about the starting 11.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Riverside

Lets be honest we were second best in the 1st half

The most positive development in the last 2 games - not enough to be a trend yet - if that SJ is finally making decisive and impacting subs . Willing to change the formation and try and Plan B .

This for me has been one of his big weaknesses . You only have to go back to the Burton game to see what I mean . 

Hopefully it is a trend

Bill2

From the highlights it would appear a number of the Forest chances are down to our poor clearances, a bit like Saturday. We need to realise that sometimes when under pressure it is an alternative to smash the ball out of play or pump upfield rather than give a team mate a poor pass.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Bill2 on September 27, 2017, 04:36:31 PM
From the highlights it would appear a number of the Forest chances are down to our poor clearances, a bit like Saturday. We need to realise that sometimes when under pressure it is an alternative to smash the ball out of play or pump upfield rather than give a team mate a poor pass.
I've only seen the highlights so this I haven't got much to go on but it does look like we were slow getting back and then closing players down. Ok there were 2 great blocks from Ream in the box but in open play it looked like we were slow closing down. Maybe it was just we were out of position due to a relatively unfamiliar line up but we didn't look that secure - but at least we won!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Fernhurst

Just watched the 90 minutes. Really looked out of sync until Norwood came on who bought back some semblance of order.
Warburton's instructions on no account let FFC dominate the ball was carried out to the letter,completely breaking up our style of play (to be honest our style didn't show through all game).
Forest made numerous chances all day but didn't take them and as others have said it was great to benefit for a refreshing change.
Large parts of the match Fulham played badly and looked severely knackered toward the end.
Macca and Johansson appeared to be carrying the team at some points we may need to play Norwood and Cissie as props on Friday night.
Let's really hope we can retrieve our passing game on Friday and finish the week with an additional 3 points. COYW

davew

Great result but a worrying performance (just watched the 90 minutes on FFCTV). Our usual smooth passing and possession game wasn't there, I thought Fred's, Sess, Ojo and Odoi were poor and we were somewhat fortunate to get the 3 points while on quite a few other occasions this season we have played very well only to get 1 or no points. The team selection was innovative and I think most of us on this forum gave the thumbs on SJ's changes, but what next, we will know more after Friday's game!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

"Is an implication of this that Fonte only makes the bench on Friday?

Hmm, good point, he is undoubtedly a quality player who I am pleased we have access too, however, the bump and grind of a local derby on a small pitch with raucous crowd is a far cry from the gently swaying palms of a Portuguese evening. The intensity may not suit him during the first hour whereas his French strike partner appears he may relish it!
Interesting to see how SJ sets up.

Nasty Neil

I don't understand why people feel qualified to post tactical advice after only watching a high lights package. Your totally at the mercy of the editing team.
I appreciate people want to feel part of something and that their contributing something.