watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AK47 goal-off side, but good eye for goal

Started by res, September 27, 2017, 03:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Looked like a decision going our way for a change, thought he was off side at the point of RS's pass. Whatever, we've suffered from some dodgy decisions this year, so about time we got one.
There's a bit of the young Malcolm MacDonald about AK...raw, a bit naïve, but strong, powerful and an eye (almost greed) for goal. If he stays fit, could be the 20+goal man.

Marcel_Gecov

Nah, they showed it later on that he was on-side :) but you're right, this is kind of decision and that would go against us.

Kamara has impressed me and I'm delighted he has got his first couple of goals.

sarnian

Quote from: res on September 27, 2017, 03:08:13 PM
Looked like a decision going our way for a change, thought he was off side at the point of RS's pass. Whatever, we've suffered from some dodgy decisions this year, so about time we got one.
There's a bit of the young Malcolm MacDonald about AK...raw, a bit naïve, but strong, powerful and an eye (almost greed) for goal. If he stays fit, could be the 20+goal man.

Def onside. Forest fans going mad last night because Mills played him onside and also to blame for other goals. Not happy at all.

:wine:

JoelH5

The drag back to beat his man and get the shot off was world class. Watched it a fair few times now!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hovewhite

Lovely to see a striker who would run through a brick wall for the team who hungry to score,also age on his side to grow with the team.

mrmicawbers

My barber who is a Chelsea season ticket holder has bought a Fulham season ticket this season as well.A few weeks ago he asked me who the number 47 was as he reminded him of a young Drogba.I smiled and said we hope he comes good. Lets hope this is the start.

res

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 27, 2017, 03:16:22 PM
Nah, they showed it later on that he was on-side :) but you're right, this is kind of decision and that would go against us.

Kamara has impressed me and I'm delighted he has got his first couple of goals.

Thanks for correcting me, I was wrong then, even when I paused it...even better goal as he was onside, as you say. Like you, delighted that he's now got two in his last 2 games, feel that there's lots more to come.

filham

Quote from: res on September 27, 2017, 03:08:13 PM
What a lovely thought a big strong fast 20 goal a season man up front. Much too early to make judgements on Kamara but can't resist saying that from the little we have seen of him he has looked good.

Carborundum

The Forest fans scapegoating of Matt Mills kind of confirms what I've been thinking each time AK47 plays.  Whatever the success rate, he keeps getting in good positions and I'm pretty sure experienced Championship defenders find him horrible to mark.  Poor old them and lucky old us!

hopper

Artful Dodger

AK is definitely a raw talent and has shown he knows where the goal is BUT he seems to have the one thing that drives me mad as a football fan - I haven't seen him use his left foot yet! I went to the Leeds game when he played 70 minutes or so and didn't once use his left and then last night when he hit the post, he was down the left side and got his body shape in to a position where he could take it on his right when I am sure using his left would have been better. Professional footballers must have the ability to shoot with either foot from 8 yards - all they have to do all day is practise kicking a ball!! Rant over.... I like the lad otherwise!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Twig

I agree that AK is beginning to look like the real deal. Let's just hope he stays fit and injury free.  Given a decent run he could be the striker we have been so desperately in need of.

davew

Quote from: Statto on September 27, 2017, 10:04:13 PM
IMO he's like Dembele Jnr, but stronger, more hard working and better in the air. Only 1 yr older as well.
Please remind me how much he cost us and how much was Fonte?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Max Headroom

Why is everyone calling him raw? Young isn't he? And will improve.... everyone uses the definition chime, but never r Sessegnon

Woolly Mammoth

From the very first game I saw Kamara in action, I felt there was something about him that made him a lot different to many young forwards/strikers we see today.
Not only has he got sizzling pace, not just over a few yards, but 30/40 yards. Coupled with his extremely powerful upper body strength.
He has also shown he can score goals in the air and on the deck.
But he is also a handful for any defender on and off the ball, as well as possessing  a big heart, he is a natural trier. No posing, no heirs and graces. Just a honest player and a players player.
What makes me feel very enthusiastic about him is that he will get even better.
Yes he is most certainly a human battering ram, but there is also far more attributes and talent he possesses than just that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

He has considerable skill as well as strength and pace, knows where the  back of the net is, and a great attitude- will run and chase all day, seems a great acquisition.

hovewhite

Feel we are all going to see him getting better and better over the next years that are coming,is and going to be a hell of a talent!

toshes mate

His goal was onside and really well taken in a manner that suggested he has time and space and confidence on the ball which are all trade marks of 'good' footballers.  And, as some have said, he is young and can only get better in the right environment and where better, in the Championship, is any young skilled footballer going to find his place than at Fulham.   

PokerMatt

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2017, 01:50:41 AM
From the very first game I saw Kamara in action, I felt there was something about him that made him a lot different to many young forwards/strikers we see today.
Not only has he got sizzling pace, not just over a few yards, but 30/40 yards. Coupled with his extremely powerful upper body strength.
But he is also a handful for any defender on and off the ball, as well as possessing  a big heart, he is a natural trier. No posing, no heirs and graces. Just a honest player and a players player.
Yes he is most certainly a human battering ram, but there is also far more attributes and talent he possesses than just that.

Yes agree, I liked the look of him on debut as well. Norwich didn't know how to handle him.

His finishing was wayward, and will be at times, but I like how Joka has handled him so far. He's given him enough time from the bench to make a mark, and AK has then followed it up with a really well-taken goal on his first (is that correct?) league start.

I suspect we will continue to mostly play one up top, but we really do have two very different options in AK and Fonte, which we really lacked last season.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 28, 2017, 09:16:26 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2017, 01:50:41 AM

Yes agree, I liked the look of him on debut as well. Norwich didn't know how to handle him.

His finishing was wayward, and will be at times, but I like how Joka has handled him so far. He's given him enough time from the bench to make a mark, and AK has then followed it up with a really well-taken goal on his first (is that correct?) league start.

I suspect we will continue to mostly play one up top, but we really do have two very different options in AK and Fonte, which we really lacked last season.

2nd league start but really his first came too early. I think that was his first full 90 minutes though.