watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland

Started by Marcel_Gecov, September 27, 2017, 05:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

I just looked at the bottom of the league (since last summer I only look at the top) and I couldnt get over how poor Sunderland are doing. I wonder if Grayson is starting to really reject moving on from his cushty job at Preston to join them. I went through their squad and they still have players like Watmore, Oviedo, Jack Rodwell etc so there are some decent players there.

My question, they have 6 points out of 10 with one win. I wonder how this compares to relelgated teams historically and whether we are about to witness a double dip relegation of a ex-premier league stalwart.

Equally when are we playing them next? Hopefully it is before they inevitably fire Grayson and get someone better in.

Horsfield_No9

It's a relegation battle for them this season for sure.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Keynsham

I'm not sure it's not Grayson's fault, they've been woeful for how many years now? Five? Six?

It's just a continuation of the general malaise about the club, I think.  And long may it continue.

Twig

"Someone better than Grayson"? He didn't have a bad record before joining them, who are they going to get who is any better?

filham

A big but difficult job there for a new manager, wonder who will take it on. Before anyone thinks of proposing  Harry remember he is a home bird nowadays and Sunderland is a little too far from his home on the south coast.

Carborundum

Doubt he will regret it.  His record at Preston can't become tarnished, he'll have a comfortable payoff sorted if the owner pulls the trigger and surely no-one, absolutely no-one, will think the woes at Sunderland are his fault.

Barrett487

Wait till they play us.... Fulhamish or what!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Keynsham on September 27, 2017, 05:25:25 PM
I'm not sure it's not Grayson's fault, they've been woeful for how many years now? Five? Six?

It's just a continuation of the general malaise about the club, I think.  And long may it continue.

Clubs in despair,they went for Aberdeen manager before Grayson,he turned it down.
You'd have to be mad to go there.

Marcel_Gecov

I wasn't saying he's not a good manager but there's a whiff of Megson at Bolton or Coyle at Wigan about his appointment. Lack of imagination. Leeds thought outside the box and have excelled accordingly.

Woolly Mammoth

They have many problems behind the scenes, apart from the financial side, including players on high wages.
But also a Owner/ Chairman who has no interest in them whatsoever, which has reduced morale from top to bottom.
The rot set in long long before Grayson turned up. Cannot blame him, he is fighting a losing battle.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

I hope they continue to drop, personally.

Marcel_Gecov

League 1 is to good for them. If QPR could drop with them then I'll be dining in Valhalla.

Keynsham

It would be a season worth celebrating, even more-so if Birmingham made up the relegated trio.    082.gif

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Keynsham on September 28, 2017, 02:59:04 PM
It would be a season worth celebrating, even more-so if Birmingham made up the relegated trio.    082.gif

Could we create a new law and lose a 4th and let Milwall slip down the trap door, and Reading, and Brentford... there's a lot of excrement in this league isnt there.

Keynsham

There is, but I reckon that spreading the happiness over a couple of seasons would be a wonderful thing.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2017, 01:23:25 AM
They have many problems behind the scenes, apart from the financial side, including players on high wages.
But also a Owner/ Chairman who has no interest in them whatsoever, which has reduced morale from top to bottom.
The rot set in long long before Grayson turned up. Cannot blame him, he is fighting a losing battle.
Spot on Woolly.