watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just watched the highlights

Started by terryr, September 27, 2017, 05:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I have to say we looked better on the highlights than I thought we were when I watched last night.
Also GJ didn't acknowledge Mollo's part in the 3rd goal ( which was pretty central given he cut the ball back for Kebano )
GJ has been quite negative about Mollo and I don't get why..........

grandad

The defending for their goal was dreadful. Kalas & Ream were in no mans land & Odoiwas behind Murphy with no chance of defending the cross.
Where there's a will there's a wife

andyk

Quote from: TerryR on September 27, 2017, 05:30:41 PM
I have to say we looked better on the highlights than I thought we were when I watched last night.
Also GJ didn't acknowledge Mollo's part in the 3rd goal ( which was pretty central given he cut the ball back for Kebano )

I think GJ was very complimentary about Mollo and his role in the third goal. Might have been some time after the goal, but I definitely remember him praising the Mollo piece of skill that created it.

Barrett487

Quote from: grandad on September 27, 2017, 06:42:28 PM
The defending for their goal was dreadful. Kalas & Ream were in no mans land & Odoiwas behind Murphy with no chance of defending the cross.
What ever happened to closing down? Kalas backed off when there were other defenders around him.

SP

Mollo looks so comfortable on the ball.  I don't pay for access so watched the highlights on the Notts news site.  Frustratingly, they didn't show Fred's run for the second goal nor the foul.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on September 27, 2017, 06:42:28 PM

Odoi fault ball over his head,he had no idea where it was.

Mince n Tatties

twang

Quote from: andyk on September 27, 2017, 06:58:07 PM

I think GJ was very complimentary about Mollo and his role in the third goal. Might have been some time after the goal, but I definitely remember him praising the Mollo piece of skill that created it.

GJ had a terrible view of the game and first thought it was Johansen that played the ball in to Kebano, I think that's why Mollo didn't get any credit at first.

BestOfBrede

GJ often gets the players wrong - not moaning just saying.
It's a damn hard job to be able to differentiate between new players, especially when he has to remember the opposition as well!
But there seemed to quite a few times that he said bla bla to bla bla and Jamie corrected him.
I also thought he never mentioned Mollo in the goal buildup, but agree that later, not heard in highlights, he then praised him.

andyk

Quote from: twang on September 27, 2017, 07:57:27 PM

GJ had a terrible view of the game and first thought it was Johansen that played the ball in to Kebano, I think that's why Mollo didn't get any credit at first.
Quote from: twang on September 27, 2017, 07:57:27 PM

He did struggle at times, but he always has a bit of a problem identifying some of our players.
At one point last night he told us that Kebano pinged a 70 yard cross field pass across the pitch, which was then knocked a couple of yards and picked up by Kebano again. "It's AK" whispered Jamie for about the tenth time .

MikeW

Did you notice how muted GJ's goal celebrations have become?  Perhaps someone has had a word - not that I care.  This may have been commented on before but Tues was the first time I have been able to get commentary for a few games - thanks to Mrs W's I-pad.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Fulham 442

GJ quite often gets player's names wrong.  When Kalas got sent off he went on and on about it being Ream until Jamie found the opportunity to correct him!  Yes I noticed he didn't seem as enthusiastic about our goals when I watched the highlights yesterday - which I missed!

andyk

Quote from: MikeW on September 28, 2017, 08:20:07 AM
Did you notice how muted GJ's goal celebrations have become?  Perhaps someone has had a word - not that I care.  This may have been commented on before but Tues was the first time I have been able to get commentary for a few games - thanks to Mrs W's I-pad.

I think he is more subdued at away games. He's probably sitting in the middle of the home fans, so would be impolite and a little undignified to jump up and down giving it loads .

hovewhite

Tough job GJ does now he's only available to paying site users don't bother if I'm not at the game which in general I'm watching live thankfully,

Andy S

Just watched the highlights. I have no criticism of our commentary team, even if they are a little biased

Southcoastffc

Twang is correct - Jim pointed out several times that his commentary position, with low roof and scaffolding in front of it,gave him very poor sight of the far side of the pitch from the camera, i.e.the flank down which Mollo did so well in creating the 3rd goal.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

gerrys

Yes,if you watch the full recording, you will see that he hadn't  realised that it was Mollo until Jamie told him so and then he was full of praise........in fact, he spent the whole match complaining that he couldn't  see through the pillar that was in front of him and he did get a few calls wrong....