more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Warburton's horrible football

Started by Southcoastffc, September 28, 2017, 05:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

I've just seen this:

"Ryan Fredericks was the man who charged through the Forest midfield like a hot knife through butter to win the freekick that led to Fulham's second, and Warburton criticised his side's lack of streetwise knowledge, believing the should've brought Fredericks down earlier than they did.

He said: "We have to be less naive and more streetwise. Bring him down on the halfway line," he said."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Keynsham

I can't disagree with that to be honest. I would expect or hope one of ours to do the same in similar circumstances.

toshes mate

The 'professional' foul as it is known throughout and found in almost all levels of the game.  The key is in the phrase 'less naive and more streetwise' and although all of us may despise it when it happens closer to goal, when it is performed on the half way line who is to say what may have happened next?  Warburton is only telling it how it is, whether we like it or not.

hovewhite

Managers,head coaches whatever you call them get sacked on results can understand there opinion.

hovewhite

Much rather watch us than most teams,even if we don't always win under Slav its still brilliant to watch  only other than tigana tops the football in the las 20 odd years so will take the great football everyday !

ffc73

McDonald took (imo a needless) yellow last Saturday for doing just what Warburton is advocating. Most teams adopt this attitude and we should get with the rest of them. When necessary & within reason

Forest played some lovely football on Tuesday night

Fernhurst

Quote from: hovewhite on September 28, 2017, 06:14:27 PM
Much rather watch us than most teams,even if we don't always win under Slav its still brilliant to watch  only other than tigana tops the football in the las 20 odd years so will take the great football everyday !

+ 1111111111111111111111111111111111
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

gezkc

I know professional fouls are unfortunately part and parcel of the modern game, but for a manager to go on record actively encouraging this type of play is unbelievable. Probably asking a bit much, but I'd love to see the FA charging him with bringing the game into disrepute.

Marcel_Gecov

I'm a fan of beautiful football, great admirer of Wenger for instance yet if his teams were a bit more like this, more Mourinho perhaps, he'd have won a lot more.

Twig

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 28, 2017, 08:49:49 PM
I'm a fan of beautiful football, great admirer of Wenger for instance yet if his teams were a bit more like this, more Mourinho perhaps, he'd have won a lot more.

Agree regards Wenger's Aresenal but your point about the lack of a bit of the Mourinho cynicism is sadly true.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: gezkc on September 28, 2017, 08:45:25 PM
I know professional fouls are unfortunately part and parcel of the modern game, but for a manager to go on record actively encouraging this type of play is unbelievable. Probably asking a bit much, but I'd love to see the FA charging him with bringing the game into disrepute.
That is really what I was getting at -you've expressed it better than I. (And if you view Fred's run again you can see that there was an attempt to bring him down about 15 yds beforehand.)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: gezkc on September 28, 2017, 08:45:25 PM

And ignore the 95% of managers who encourage it but aren't foolish enough to say it to a writer?
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

RaySmith

I think  that as a fan, most people would be disappointed if an opposing player was allow to go through on goal  like Fred did - a matter of taking one for the team.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: RaySmith on September 29, 2017, 05:31:45 AM
I think  that as a fan, most people would be disappointed if an opposing player was allow to go through on goal  like Fred did - a matter of taking one for the team.
Yes, but here is a radical thought - how about making a tackle? Silly idea I know but it might just work.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 29, 2017, 09:00:12 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on September 29, 2017, 05:31:45 AM
Yes, but here is a radical thought - how about making a tackle? Silly idea I know but it might just work.

Exactly. Fredricks isn't an unknown quantity. You know what he's capable of and you set yourselves up accordingly.

mrmicawbers

How many professional fouls have th been at home and the ref doesn't book the player?The type of football we play we need their help,unfortunatly not getting it.

brightster

Just can't stand Warburton or his tactics, his team always try to kick you off the park, so glad he was bypassed for our job before SJ.