News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ojo. Worst player to wear a Fulham shirt?

Started by fcfulham55, September 29, 2017, 08:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

How many of you were slagging Kamara ....give these boys a chance ffs

Matt10

Sorry, I have to agree. He was abysmal. He acts like the game owes him something instead of creating his own chances. Has the brain of Paintsill and hopefully time off will let him rethink his decision making as Fulham player.

MrD1879

Firstly hope he's ok and makes a speedy recovery.

I have been very disappointed with his last couple of performances and disappointed that he keeps getting picked. Kebano has been fantastic.
His decision making is incredibly poor and while he is still young looks like a Theo Walcott to me at the moment. Robinson didn't get sent off tonight because he threw himself to the ground twice before. He has pace to burn but seemed reluctant to use it

New Kid on the Block

Not the worst ever, but I fail to see why he starts in front of Kebano. Spends too much time on the ground. Shame about his injury though.

Fernhurst

Quote from: grandad on September 29, 2017, 10:52:22 PM
Give the lad a break, He is a kid with a lot to learn. He will , under SJ & the coaches become a decent player. He is far from being the worst & I have seen plenty over the last 63 years.

Absolutely Grandad ......... This is a post of someone who is not thinking. He's 19 years old and playing in his first derby game. Posses talent the OP does not understand. SJ will improve the lad, if he ever comes back to us.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

snarks

076.gifJust watched up until he went off. He didn't have his best game but... Never stopped showing for the ball, never stopped trying. Was unlucky with the cross that bounced over his foot. No where near the worst I've seen even over the last 3 seasons let alone ever. Not the best yet but he's 19 plays for England so he clearly has a lot of talent

colinwhite

Ridiculous post. He fell over too much but if you cant see the rest then Im waisting my time !!

Count Flapula

Quote from: colinwhite on September 30, 2017, 08:01:16 AM
Ridiculous post. He fell over too much but if you cant see the rest then Im waisting my time !!

+1. The kids got all the raw materials (strong, fast, quick feet) - just needs game time to mature so his decision making gets better, which definitely something that has the capacity to improve (along with getting better studs as the falling over - A LOT - was getting annoying!). To the OP I'm sorry mate but if you think he's the worst player in a Fulham shirt then your guide dog has been taking you to the wrong stadium!

Ged

@jolslover

STH H3

hopper

Quote from: Statto on September 30, 2017, 10:30:53 AM
Quote from: Milo on September 29, 2017, 10:50:46 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 29, 2017, 10:45:32 PM
Quote from: Milo on September 29, 2017, 10:41:34 PM
Rumour is he's contracted to start but surely that's just a rumour ..

Someone asked one of the Get West journos tonight and he stated that theres no such thing. I really can't imagine us signing something like that either!

I see! Makes sense. What about unwritten verbal agreements?

I just didn't get the sense Joka or Johansen afterwards were that bothered by him coming off.. seems odd he keeps playing for me and felt must be something going on we didn't know.

Don't get me wrong I think the OP is ridiculous and unfair but as I said further up the thread I agree Ojo seems to be getting picked on something more than merit.

I nearly spat out my tea when i saw his name in the line up instead of kebano's last night, couldn't believe it.

It could be something very subtle, e.g., there was interest from other championship clubs so maybe we said him, "look at sessegnon, we'll give you every chance to succeed at fulham", and now we want to stick to our word. 

IMO he needs to be dropped next match just for his own good, turn the heat and criticism off for a while and let him work his way back in gently. It's a long season. 

He's going to be out for quite some time, not a medical expert but dislocated shoulder sounds like could be 6 months or so!

hopper

Interesting quite how unbothered Johansen seemed about it

Robbie

Pretty awful but to be fair him being pushed over early in the game should have got QPR a red card.

hopper

One more thing, it is really quite saddening to see some of the abuse that is frequently being directed at him on twitter by our fans, some laughing at him for his injury and bashing his religious posts. For such a young person this must be awful and I hope he can see past it, but it must really put a strain on his confidence and relation to the club.

I for one hope he comes back and proves everyone wrong.

Fulham1959

Quote from: hopper on September 30, 2017, 11:42:49 AM
One more thing, it is really quite saddening to see some of the abuse that is frequently being directed at him on twitter by our fans, some laughing at him for his injury and bashing his religious posts. For such a young person this must be awful and I hope he can see past it, but it must really put a strain on his confidence and relation to the club.

Well said !

Twig

Agreed.

And for those who were crying out for Kebano to start, I think the explanation was that he was carrying a slight niggle so even had Joka wanted to start him he probably wouldn't have wanted to take the risk of playing him for 90 mins.
That said I am looking forward to seeing Neeskens as a starter and I agree that he fully deserves it (injury or not).

grandad

Name & shame the ignorant morons.
Where there's a will there's a wife

res

Having watched Fulham since 1956, there are hundreds much worse, and if you're talking about the last few years there's scores much worse. He needs a lot more maturity in his play, and needs to stay on his feet more...but overall a very unfair headline post.

Mullers OG

This is a very unfair post.  He's young, a bit ungainly and looks a little work shy but he has talent and pace.  He might turn into a very good player with time and application.  It's also very early in his Fulham career to be written off.

I agree with many others that I wouldn't play him ahead of Kebano but then I think Kebano is a very fine player. I hope he recovers quickly and is back to help get promotion.  What he doesn't need when out with a serious injury is to be slagged off by his own supporters.

To the suggestion that he's the worst ever whoever thinks that can't have seen many Fulham sides over the years.  There are dozens far worse; Frank Large, Malcolm Webster, Andrejs Stoljers etc, not to mention modern ones such as Fotheringham.

fcfulham55

A lot of you need to lighten up, I'll admit I was happy to see him go off injured. But I didn't cheer, I clapped him off incase it was something serious.

Perhaps some of you were watching the wrong player?

I've supported Fulham all my life, though I'm not as old as most of you fiery old gits lol. I can't compare him to anyone worse than him, considering he's played in a run of games too!

When you watch the full highlights, anyone defending him will cringe at themselves. More cringe worthy than some of your posts. Let's see if anyone is then brave enough to agree.
Sent from my Nokia 3310