watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Winning Ugly

Started by Benny, September 29, 2017, 10:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

Something we have lacked in other seasons - shows we can mix it up - very pleasing !

Well played to Slav for the tactics when Matt Smith came on as we would of lost the game if things had stayed the same

filham

Yes we won ugly but in all honesty were a little fortunate as well.

Woolly Mammoth

But I would rather be lucky than unlucky, nevertheless, overal we were the better footballing side. On this occasion we showed we can win ugly as well as beautiful.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Benny

Agreed - we usually have more luck against us so happy for some the other way for a change

Whitesideup

Quote from: filham on September 29, 2017, 10:30:38 PM
Yes we won ugly but in all honesty were a little fortunate as well.
In what sense fortunate? Weren't QPR fortunate to have 10 men on the pitch?

bill taylors apprentice

There's a camaraderie, understanding and attitude that's growing and teams that have that find they accumulate more points! 

MJG

Ive not seen the full 90 minutes from last three games but plan to catch up this weekend. But winning ugly or paying ugly is exactly what many on here want. They want to pay like Cardiff, they want to time waste and manage games better, theysee that as the formula for sucess.
What gets me is when we do, those same ones moan about how we just won ugly and are not playing well.
If you can win off form( or at least not playing great)  and with key players missing then for me that's a sign of a good team, be it ugly or pretty.
Just the views of a long term fan

colinwhite

I dont think we won ugly in the slightest.We played effective Counter-attacking football and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.Of course we had to defend with backs to the walls in added time when they threw caution to the wind but give Slavisa credit for his tactics in the second half as we opened them up on many occasions,whilst the ey created very little..

MikeW

Agree with ColinWhite.  What it did highlight though was boy oh boy do we need a centre forward.  Two or three crosses in the first half would/should have been converted if the attacker had done just that - attacked the cross.  As it was they stood off - there was no anticipation that a predatory striker would have.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ffcthereligion

I thought the last 10 minutes were an absolute disgrace on our part and we were second best for large parts of the second half. Yes we won and im thrilled about it but good grief can you imagine the response on here if we had conceded late on? Fickle! Its not like we won ugly and professionally we clung on for dear life against a poor side.

Keynsham

Quote from: MJG on September 30, 2017, 07:21:48 AM
Ive not seen the full 90 minutes from last three games but plan to catch up this weekend. But winning ugly or paying ugly is exactly what many on here want. They want to pay like Cardiff, they want to time waste and manage games better, theysee that as the formula for sucess.
What gets me is when we do, those same ones moan about how we just won ugly and are not playing well.
If you can win off form( or at least not playing great)  and with key players missing then for me that's a sign of a good team, be it ugly or pretty.

Yep. Massive +1.