watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norwood Appreciation Society

Started by Milo, September 29, 2017, 10:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Welcome to the Norwood Appreciation Society!

Understated comments only please. This thread should tick along without any fuss. Simple comments without any risk, but with a gritty desire to defend your opinions when your back is against the wall in a discussion!

Current Norwood appreciators:

1. Milo
2. bigalffc

Ps. We might have socials

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Toby Ward-Smith

For me tonight was his best performance in a Fulham shirt, especially the last 15 mins where he played Scott Parker esque, throwing his body on the line for everything including some goal saving blocks and clearing the ball properly when needed! A very good performance from him!

F(f)CUK

Benny

Was outstanding tonight - he's looking better with each game

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I like his style, he puts his body on the line, we need players like him, especially when the going gets tough.
Definitely his best game so far, a canny signing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BarneyTravers

Nice on the eye works hard and passes the ball very well.

Looking forward to seeing a lot more of Oliver Norwood this season.

We have a very talented squad  and we haven't even started to play to our potential yet.

coyw

peaty

Matt10

Agreed. Norwood is fantastic. Good on the ball, makes smart decisions, gets rid of it quickly, great defending player to help Kmac. Lovely.

MrD1879

Absolutely brilliant tonight classy on the ball and summed up by that cracking block on Freeman.
That's the performance I thought he was capable of when we signed him  :wine: here's to many more motm for me closely followed by the man mountain Kmac

New Kid on the Block

I've rated Ollie from the first time he played for us, just as I rated Ream last season, when many on here put him down as one of the players we should release. Ollie's better defensively than TC too, in my opinion. A great game tonight.

Twig

Understated comments like "Ojo is the worst player to wear the shirt in 23 years".
If you want understated you need to practice what you preach.

As for Norwood I thought he showed that he is playing at his level, wholehearted but not sufficiently creative or capable of playing incisive passes to move up a level. Decent bench cover once Cairney gets back thugh.

Tabby

Don't quite get the love in for Ollie, think he is average at best. He reminds me of O'Hara. He has a lot of loose passes putting the defenders in trouble, gifts the opposition a good chance per game and seems way too easy to read at times.

Cairney can't get back too soon in my opinion.

hovewhite

Thought it was his best game in a fulham shirt looked really solid.

hopper

His blocks were crucial last night, and he's shown that he's a good goal threat with long range strikes and free kicks. A great squad player that we lacked dearly last season as cover for TC. Without him as an option we would be struggling this year I think.

jarv

First time I have seen a Fulham match over here. I thought his passing was terrific. MoM. 082.gif

filham

A really gutsy performance last night from Norewood and he deservers the fans support.
However the fact is he is never going to display the aptitude of Cairney and we will all be wishing for Cairney to replace him.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Tabby on September 30, 2017, 10:03:06 AM
Don't quite get the love in for Ollie, think he is average at best. He reminds me of O'Hara. He has a lot of loose passes putting the defenders in trouble, gifts the opposition a good chance per game and seems way too easy to read at times.

064.gif

MJG

Quote from: filham on September 30, 2017, 03:47:33 PM
A really gutsy performance last night from Norewood and he deservers the fans support.
However the fact is he is never going to display the aptitude of Cairney and we will all be wishing for Cairney to replace him.
I think to a man every fan would have Cairney replace him in the midfield three. But as a squad player who can cover probably all three of them he's a really good addition to it.
Just the views of a long term fan

We Are Premier League

Quote from: MJG on September 30, 2017, 05:31:21 PM
Quote from: filham on September 30, 2017, 03:47:33 PM
I think to a man every fan would have Cairney replace him in the midfield three. But as a squad player who can cover probably all three of them he's a really good addition to it.
:plus one:

Good championship standard and exactly the versatility we need to take som weight of  the 3 guys that carried the team last eason