watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some Of Our Fans Make Me Laugh.

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 30, 2017, 06:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Last night from the second kick of the game 3 of them in front and behind of me were moaning at a couple of players constantly(one guy slagging Button from the onset,Button has been superb this season and again last night.The guy in front of me practically cheering when Ojo was stretchered off,unbelievable.
I find it strange why some of them go to games the amount you see more interested in their mobile phone than what is happening on the pitch.
I like a moan when things go wrong,but I believe they are constructive.
I can't believe some of the comments I read on here on the way home about us being terrible and what the game was like,christ it was a local derby for the love of money,we were suberb on the breakout in the first half and our passing great at times and should have been further ahead.
They were bound to come at us being the home side at some stage,and derby pride at stake.
So I can't believe the moaning by some,not so much about the players but the game,it was a wonderful advert for the championship and a magnificent blood and thunder derby,give me a game like that everyweek I say.
Coyw..  049:gif

Snibbo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 30, 2017, 06:33:16 AM
Last night from the second kick of the game 3 of them in front and behind of me were moaning at a couple of players constantly(one guy slagging Button from the onset,Button has been superb this season and again last night.The guy in front of me practically cheering when Ojo was stretchered off,unbelievable.
I find it strange why some of them go to games the amount you see more interested in their mobile phone than what is happening on the pitch.
I can't believe some of the comments I read on here on the way home about us being terrible and what the game was like,christ it was a local derby for the love of money,we were suberb on the breakout in the first half and our passing great at times and should have been further ahead.
They were bound to come at us being the home side at some stage,and derby pride at stake.
So I can't believe the moaning by some,not so much about the players but the game,it was a wonderful advert for the championship and a magnificent blood and thunder derby,give me a game like that everyweek I say.
Well said

fcfulham55

I have to put my hand up and admit I was delighted to see him go off. Though I didn't cheer about it, never want to see one of our players injured.

Albeit he's probably the worst FFC player I've seen in 23 years supporting the club.

Had the game recorded and skipped through, the one good thing I managed to see him do is make 1 or 2 runs.

His decision making has to be the worst I've ever seen.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

JackHFFC1990

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 30, 2017, 07:33:55 AM
I have to put my hand up and admit I was delighted to see him go off. Though I didn't cheer about it, never want to see one of our players injured.

Albeit he's probably the worst FFC player I've seen in 23 years supporting the club.

Had the game recorded and skipped through, the one good thing I managed to see him do is make 1 or 2 runs.

Ojo was poor but come on worst player in 23 years? Mark Fotheringham , Chihi? Ojo is talented but he isn't as good as he thinks he is that I agree on

MJG

Exhibit 1 in how a fan over reacts
Just the views of a long term fan

Nasty Neil

Mince I couldn't make the game, but do most games home and away and it seems to be more of a problem at home. Usually the away crowd are much more positive. It's usually the guys who never leave London!!!
Either way that's a top result winning away in our Derby game with a weakened team that's 6 big points other seasons we wouldn't have won.

Count Flapula

Quote from: MJG on September 30, 2017, 07:54:17 AM

+1.

Also agree with being mystified at the Fulham "supporters" who come to matches and never cheer / sing the team on, but the ONLY time they open their mouth is to rip one of our own every time they touch the ball. That is the complete opposite of "supporting".

Had some guy giving it out mercilessly to Button for 90 mins during the Wolfsburg pre season friendly to the point where I wanted to turn around and tell him to shut up. Button has been fantastic so far this season so am shocked to hear there are still idiots out there on his back. These "supporters" really need to re-evaluate what the word means.

jelmo

I agree with the OP. But I had to laugh at the 'My criticism is constructive line... Ask anyone and they will say the same thing regardless of it being true or not!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: jelmo on September 30, 2017, 08:55:37 AM
I agree with the OP. But I had to laugh at the 'My criticism is constructive line... Ask anyone and they will say the same thing regardless of it being true or not!

lol
I had to slip that one in to stop me getting flak as well.
But there is a difference, moan if someone is having a bad game,that is constructive, not moaning at someone for the sake that you don't like them.

Twig

That's twice you have made this claim on two threads and it is total nonsense.

The Foody

One thing which made me really frustrated was that an entire block in the upper tier decided to stay seated for almost the whole game. Everyone else was standing yet these people weren't and when some supporters did try and stand at the start, they started shouting at them to sit down. The whole point of an away game is that you stand and sing to create an atmosphere and everyone, apart from them, was doing that.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 30, 2017, 06:33:16 AM

Completely agree, it was a cracking match last night. Some of our football in the first half was superb.  OK more passes went astray in the second but we were under more pressure as QPR came back at us.  This was a great advert for the Championship and we were deserved winners.

jelmo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 30, 2017, 09:17:17 AM
Quote from: jelmo on September 30, 2017, 08:55:37 AM

lol
I had to slip that one in to stop me getting flak as well.
But there is a difference, moan if someone is having a bad game,that is constructive, not moaning at someone for the sake that you don't like them.
Haha. Yep. I agree. There was a bit of that going on last night with Ojo and more bizarrely Button. Confusing behaviour.

gang

Quote from: The Foody on September 30, 2017, 09:18:03 AM
One thing which made me really frustrated was that an entire block in the upper tier decided to stay seated for almost the whole game. Everyone else was standing yet these people weren't and when some supporters did try and stand at the start, they started shouting at them to sit down. The whole point of an away game is that you stand and sing to create an atmosphere and everyone, apart from them, was doing that.

You pay to sit down and are entitled to do so, I find it annoying when someone stands in front of me and blocks my view; it is, after all, the law in England; should you not like a law get it changed.

FulhamStu

I also think some of it is nerves and fans being so desperate to win they get frustrated which spills over in this way.  All of course totally counter productive as it will only make the players play worse.  Standing in seated areas is why we need the return of safe standing for those that want to sing shout and really support the team and seats for the folks that are shy and or have difficulty standing.

Woolly Mammoth

A typical blood and thunder London Derby, with all the inevitable mistakes and fouls. Take no prisoners is the order of the day.
As I said in another thread, there are so many different ways to win a match and that is one of them.
I enjoyed it and it was worth the admission fee. Plenty of swashbuckling which has sometimes been missing in our game, but not last night.
A great away victory for so many different reasons.
Let's enjoy these moments, including watching mince sweeping up in an empty stadium after most people had gone home.
As for the sitting/standing debate. If people want to sit, they should be allowed to without having their view impaired by selfish supporters.
The sooner each Ground has safe standing introduced the better for everyone. Then supporters can choose their preference without spoiling somebody else's view.
Fans sitting in a seated area should not have anybody standing in front of them.
If somebody stands in front of me, and ignores my polite request to sit down, will have his backside tanned so hard, he won't be able to sit down for a fortnight.
As for last night, it was a real buccaneering win for Fulham, and a really morale boosting, confidence boosting victory for everyone associated with Fulham FC.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Hey Woolly I found a fiver and a packet of wine gums during the sweeping up...lol

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 30, 2017, 01:36:38 PM
Hey Woolly I found a fiver and a packet of wine gums during the sweeping up...lol

The wine gums are not mine but the fiver could be mine. If it had a picture of the queen on the front and Winston Churchill on the back, it looks like it was the one I dropped when making my way to the VIP Lounge.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Quote from: MJG on September 30, 2017, 07:54:17 AM

:plus one:
In the 63 years of supporting there must be a hundred or so who were worse.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Agree that some of our fans are too quick with their criticism and often show lack of understanding.
Last night the team fought hard and deserved credit for that but in all honesty the performance did not suggest that we are a team capable of promotion.