watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Injuries

Started by filham, October 01, 2017, 05:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Last season we had but a few injuries. Just now however we seem to be collecting injuries frequently. We sign players with injuries, we collected some pre season, I think Cairney collected one in a match warm up . We have training injuries and also some serious match injuries.
The club are giving but few reports on the injury situation but I understand it is something like this:-

Ayite         No real information
Cairney      Dodgy knee, no idea of possible return date but beginning to consider Christmas.
Ojo            Fractured shoulder, return not much chance before January
Soares       Damaged on arrival no idea of type of injury.
Kamara     Only recently injured hope he may be ready for the Preston match.

Can anyone put together a more detailed report on the injuy situation of these five players.

irishfulham

Ayite hamstring
Kamara hamstring

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on October 01, 2017, 05:42:20 PM
Last season we had but a few injuries. Just now however we seem to be collecting injuries frequently. We sign players with injuries, we collected some pre season, I think Cairney collected one in a match warm up . We have training injuries and also some serious match injuries.
The club are giving but few reports on the injury situation but I understand it is something like this:-

Ayite         No real information
Cairney      Dodgy knee, no idea of possible return date but beginning to consider Christmas.
Ojo            Fractured shoulder, return not much chance before January
Soares       Damaged on arrival no idea of type of injury.
Kamara     Only recently injured hope he may be ready for the Preston match.

Can anyone put together a more detailed report on the injuy situation of these five players.

Soares played last Monday for reserves. He'll be on bench against Preston I'm sure.

MaidenheadMick

Spoke to Cairney outside the ground before the Middlesbrough game and he reckons he's around 3 weeks away from returning. Lets hope so.

Twig

Ojo is a dislocated isn't it? Expected to return in 6 weeks (Mid Nov).
Kamara's hamstring tweak is relatively minor should be available for Preston match.
Piazon needs to be added if you want a comprehensive list.

filham

Quote from: Twig on October 01, 2017, 06:37:05 PM
Ojo is a dislocated isn't it? Expected to return in 6 weeks (Mid Nov).
Kamara's hamstring tweak is relatively minor should be available for Preston match.
Piazon needs to be added if you want a comprehensive list.
Oh , I should not have forgotten Piazon as I was at the Reading match when it happened. A serious brake I understand. That happened six weeks ago so I suppose with luck we could be looking at a January return.

Neil D

Here we are, all speculating as to the exact nature of the injuries and possible return dates but essentially in the dark.  I think the club could do better than this by its supporters. 

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Neil D on October 02, 2017, 05:32:07 PM
Here we are, all speculating as to the exact nature of the injuries and possible return dates but essentially in the dark.  I think the club could do better than this by its supporters. 
Why?  Some injuries take as long as they take - TC is a classic.  The club could give an estimate but if they don't know, why give a phony 'deadline'? To be fair, Jok is pretty straightforward in what he says in interviews (if not in how he says it!)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

res

Quote from: Neil D on October 02, 2017, 05:32:07 PM

But then you're telling the opposition likely team selection/tactics. Better to do what we're doing, keep it under wraps. I remember Jol telling everyone a couple of days before a Southampton match that Hangeland had a back problem but would play...Southampton promptly reinstated Lambert in their team who scored a couple of headers by outjumping a clearly half fit Hangeland

hovewhite

Think as coach your better keeping quiet sayin nothin.

filham

Really can't see how giving the fans an update on the state of the six injured players is going to effect the result of the Preston match.

Woolly Mammoth

Injured players will be back when they are fit. No good worrying about something we cannot do anything about.
I am more concerned about the ones that are fit and ready for action.
The fit players are the ones that will be on the pitch.
Bill Shankley use to ignore injured players and never speak to them, which is very extreme.
However, that was his way, and when asked by a journalist why he never bothered to talk to injured players. He replied because they are no use to him, until they are fit.
He was a hard task master, and a great motivator.
Although I admit it sounds a bit harsh. But he turned a struggling Division 2 outfit into a Trophy winning team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

In these days of multi media communication and recognition that football (and other spectator sports) has a responsibility to its customers I really do think a bit more information on this subject would not go amiss.  I tend to agree with those who can't really see how some general updates on injuries is going to affect the outcome of forthcoming matches or give any significant advantage to opposition managers.

MJG

Quote from: Twig on October 03, 2017, 11:30:43 AM
In these days of multi media communication and recognition that football (and other spectator sports) has a responsibility to its customers I really do think a bit more information on this subject would not go amiss.  I tend to agree with those who can't really see how some general updates on injuries is going to affect the outcome of forthcoming matches or give any significant advantage to opposition managers.
If you were Prestons manager would it be to your advantage to know that Cairney and Kamara are both fit and available to play on Saturday week?
In knowing this information would you set your team up differently to combat Cairney and how he plays?
Or knowing he's not playing would it allow you to change things slightly knowing that threat is less?
Or just on a confidence level knowing one of the best players in championship is not playing against you would that give your team a boost?
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: Statto on October 03, 2017, 03:40:14 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 03, 2017, 02:52:52 PM
Quote from: Twig on October 03, 2017, 11:30:43 AM
If you were Prestons manager would it be to your advantage to know that Cairney and Kamara are both fit and available to play on Saturday week?
In knowing this information would you set your team up differently to combat Cairney and how he plays?
Or knowing he's not playing would it allow you to change things slightly knowing that threat is less?
Or just on a confidence level knowing one of the best players in championship is not playing against you would that give your team a boost?

But you can already work out much of this stuff from subtle signals on the club's and players' social media etc. I always presumed clubs would also have insiders in the players' social circles, contacts in medical circles and spies peering over the fence at our training ground. If they're not doing all that already then there's a money-making opportunity for someone there.
Of course they do. I think fans would be very surprised at how much clubs look at both there own fans on social media and opponents fans and clubs as well.

My point was more the request that clubs should be more open.
Just the views of a long term fan