https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next up

Started by irishfulham, October 02, 2017, 03:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

Preston villa Bolton what's the aim?

Preston home would want and expect 3 points

Villa I would be happy with a point think they are strong this season and wouldn't be surprised they make top 2 they are on form I fear a loss

Bolton enough said they are abysmal this season anything less than 3 points is not good enough

For me would be happy with 6 points from the next 3 games

Snibbo

Depends if Cairney, AK and perhaps Soares are fit, and in particular if they are match ready and on their games.

If so I think we can beat anybody. But being Fulham we'll probably drop a point to Preston.

hovewhite

Who knows would be happy with 6pionts.

Woolly Mammoth

We need to be talking about winning all these matches if we have aspirations of going up.
Anything below 6 points out of these three matches is mediocre and we wil not gain any ground that way.
We should be putting a number of wins together.
As to prior to our last two away matches we were inconsistent and timid.
The last two victories should launch us into a decent run of results, starting with an in form PNE, and what a match at home to commence with.
If we want any chance of automatic promotion, there are the games we should be winning especially at home.
I do not expect Cairney to be fit in time, and we are going to have to learn to live without him for the time being.
Anyway we should not have to rely on one player anyway. It's in the mind and we have plenty of quality to cover his absence, even though we cannot replace him like for like, we can improvise, and all good teams improvise.
The International break has come at a good time, this will enable injured players to lick their wounds and buy us some time to regroup and continue to pick up maximum points wherever we play. Especially at the Cottage which is far too friendly to visiting fans and teams. That needs to change.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It has already been said that October/November could decide which way our season will go.
We all know that it depends on the fitness of key players, but the realistic situation is that over the next six matches we have to play the teams that are 1st,2nd,4th, 5th, 12th and 24th in the current six match form guide.

12 points plus out of 18 will be very good, but may not be enough to close the gap on some teams above us.

Andy S

Why not 7 or 9 points. We have only lost 1 in 7 and teams are probably vey wary of us

toshes mate

I would fancy us to win all three matches because we are reaching the point where players are beginning to believe in themselves, and I haven't seen any side play in such a way as to be a threat to a side as well drilled and confident in the manner SJ can produce.  This International break has come at a good time for us.

We Are Premier League

7 point ftom 4 Oct games, 7 from4 in November and 9 from 4 pre christmas in Deecember.

That would leave us at 40 halfway through the season

Lighthouse

Preston will be tough. They are playing well and our home form is poor. Villa I am less worried about but it will be tough. Bolton are like Burton. We all expect to turn them over but they have been unlucky not to grab more points this season. Plus we have trouble scoring.

Despite recent results we haven't been playing that well. Would love 6 points plus. But never expect anything.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wingnut

Have to take seven points from these three game if we are thinking about a top six spot.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Legate21

We are playing Villa at a good time. Sandwiched between two West Midlands derbys in Wolves and Brum. Ideally Wolves run them close and bruise a few players in the process, so Bruce has to consider resting bodies for the Brum game.

Woolly Mammoth

You can study the form guide until the cows come home, and nobody will forecast it right. A bit like doing the pools. Two hopes, no hope and Bob Hope.
Doesn't matter whether their first or last, they are all tough, especially where Fulham are concerned.
Just take the next game as the most important, never mind the rest, they will come round soon enough.
It's Sending PNE back pointless, that's all that counts, until the next game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Neil D

At least PNE fans won't be wearing bowler hats for their 'gentry' away day as they were on their last visit to the Cottage.  That happens in March, it seems.  What I couldn't understand is why a bowler equates with gentry.  Surely they should wear tweeds and have a brace of pheasants slung round their necks?

FFC1987

Realistically, I'll take 7 but really, for top 2, it should be 9.....

filham

Agree with every word written by Woolly Mammoth above. Somehow or the other we have to keep grinding out 2 points per match with our injury hit team. When the likes of Cairney return then we can turn on the style and make our bid for a promotion place.

The Rock

Quote from: filham on October 02, 2017, 02:40:31 PM
Agree with every word written by Woolly Mammoth above. Somehow or the other we have to keep grinding out 2 points per match with our injury hit team. When the likes of Cairney return then we can turn on the style and make our bid for a promotion place.

Ditto. Am I/we more concerned about injuries than the club? Glad we have more depth in squad, but it seems like half the potential first team are dealing with injury concerns. I'm concerned.

filham

Quote from: The Rock on October 02, 2017, 06:00:18 PM
Quote from: filham on October 02, 2017, 02:40:31 PM

Ditto. Am I/we more concerned about injuries than the club? Glad we have more depth in squad, but it seems like half the potential first team are dealing with injury concerns. I'm concerned.
Yes, seems as if Jocanovic is trying to keep it a secret. I think perhaps he is hoping the opponents game plan will be built around containing a Cairney thatis not there.