News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opposition players clapped off the pitch by Fulham fan?

Started by Tempest, October 08, 2017, 12:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Just watched clip of Real Madrid fans applauding Ronaldhino when he was at Barca, I recall Thierry Henry being  clapped off by FFC fans but can't recall anyone else?
Live in Falmouth!

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham76

Quote from: Tempest on October 08, 2017, 12:36:48 PM
Just watched clip of Real Madrid fans applauding Ronaldhino when he was at Barca, I recall Thierry Henry being  clapped off by FFC fans but can't recall anyone else?

I think arsenal beat us 0-4 that day & Henry scored 2 or 3 & played brilliantly.

I think most of our fans were just pleased to see the back of him & the applause for him was just relief.

ffc73

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 08, 2017, 12:54:42 PM

I think arsenal beat us 0-4 that day & Henry scored 2 or 3 & played brilliantly.

I think most of our fans were just pleased to see the back of him & the applause for him was just relief.

It was not that game but I do recall good banter with Henry when he ballooned one high into the Hammersmith End.  Chorus of "you'll never play for Fulham" and a broad grin and bow from the man to us in return.

Back to OP.  If memory serves me right, Zola?

filham

The opposing player's performance that stands out above all others at the Cottage was the Manchester City German keeper Bert Trautman. I think we won the match 1-0 , had all of the game but Bert had an absolute blinder and his efforts ensured a tremendous standing ovation from us Fulham fans at the end of the game.
I think the game was in the sixties but I have never seen a better goalkeeping performance before or since.

VicHalomsLovechild

My memory may be fooling me but Frank Lampard seemed to get a bit of a clap from us and always seemed to show us a bit of respect.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on October 08, 2017, 02:08:47 PM
My memory may be fooling me but Frank Lampard seemed to get a bit of a clap from us and always seemed to show us a bit of respect.

I remember one time we called him a 'fat b*****d', and he turned to us and jiggled his stomach. He got my respect from that point on
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ron

....and the ribbing he got about "wanna buy a telly?" When his house got robbed. He took that with a smile anyway.  I would have loved to see him finish his career at the cottage. I remember suggesting that he would have been a perfect fit at the time.

f321ffc

Seem to remember Zola getting a standing ovation at the Cottage.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Slightly different, but both sets of supporters generally applaud anyone carried off on a stretcher.

When Ojo was stretchered off in front off the QPR supporters (we could only see the front on TV)
they seemed completely disinterested, certainly no signs of compassion.

Perhaps they didn't know that a human being carried on a stretcher probably meant a possible
serious injury.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Tabby

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on October 08, 2017, 04:46:49 PM
Slightly different, but both sets of supporters generally applaud anyone carried off on a stretcher.

When Ojo was stretchered off in front off the QPR supporters (we could only see the front on TV)

Perhaps they didn't know that a human being carried on a stretcher probably meant a possible
serious injury.

The Leeds fans were booing Piazon as he went off. QPR don't seem so bad in comparison.

Burt

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 08, 2017, 12:54:42 PM

I remember that, my applause was because it was (and remains) the best performance I have ever seen from an opposition player on our turf. He was on a different footballing planet that day.

RaySmith

Quote from: Tabby on October 08, 2017, 04:56:15 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on October 08, 2017, 04:46:49 PM

serious injury.

The Leeds fans were booing Piazon as he went off. QPR don't seem so bad in comparison.

This  shows how fans have changed - which  is to do with how society and attitudes have changed generally.

HatterDon

I seem to remember a lot of applause for Shaktar Donetsk when they left the pitch at CC. Many of you on here said they were the best visiting side ever.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: f321ffc on October 08, 2017, 03:41:51 PM
Seem to remember Zola getting a standing ovation at the Cottage.
I think that was at Loftus Road.?