watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lithuania v England Matchday Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 08, 2017, 04:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Once again, and due to the International break, you can use this thread, to discuss anything about the Lithuania v England game.

The game is on Sky Sports, kick off is 17:00pm  049:gif 

grandad

I must confess that I forced to make myself watch the England game. What a fool to go against my better judgement. We have been let down by the manager, coaches & more important the players.None of them show any passion for playing for their country. I refuse to watch another England game & feel so sorry for the thousands who are able to watch the matches in person paying big money to see such dross
Where there's a will there's a wife

Hong Kong Fulham fan

I have to agree Grandad, never thought i'd say, I just can't be bothered to watch England............It's a disgrace to be honest.

sunburywhite

Unfortunately I had to watch it yesterday as family came round and they wanted to watch it
First England game I have watched in years and it was the same rubbish
No width, no overlapping full backs, no flair, no ideas, no tatctics
Never did like Southgate as a manager and if he carries on playing this drivel it will be another 50 years until we win the world cup
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

toshes mate

Meanwhile in the FIFA U17's world cup in India England dazzled Chile to a 4-0 defeat with the third goal being the one worth seeking out for sheer exuberance. 

Just what happens to our footballers after their youth passes by?   

Burt

Quote from: toshes mate on October 09, 2017, 08:08:13 AM
Meanwhile in the FIFA U17's world cup in India England dazzled Chile to a 4-0 defeat with the third goal being the one worth seeking out for sheer exuberance. 

They end up getting paid too much money for spending too much time as a bench-warmer. It's difficult to become a world-class player if you don't get the game time.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Burt on October 09, 2017, 01:17:33 PM

They end up getting paid too much money for spending too much time as a bench-warmer. It's difficult to become a world-class player if you don't get the game time.

Possibly. More likely they are just not quite good enough. Don't see many of them chased by any clubs overseas.

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on October 09, 2017, 01:17:33 PM

exactly ... it's the fact that English players are vastly overrated and overpaid IN ENGLAND that keeps European clubs away from them. The sad thing is that just about every English player seems to prefer the money over becoming better players.

It's amazing to me that the US has several players starting regularly in the Bundesliga but England has -- to my knowledge -- none.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

aaronmcguigan

All those English youth players have zero determination to follow through on their dreams; i.e. To play football.
It's the luxury of being part of a team, a squad, not having to stand out, stand up or be relied upon.

The mentality of the English/British players is, it's ok to sit on the bench, collect a wage and continue. It's sickening to see that mentality throughout the UK when you see the opposite somewhere else. It's as if they're all homesick without having tried a different culture.

Is it ignorance of other cultures and languages that stops British players from succeeding abroad? Is it narrow mindedness of them to think that nothing exists outside Little Britain?

It is really irritating to hear fans/ pundits say that the youth aren't getting a chance in the premier league. That league isn't all that.  Bench warming at a big club isn't "getting a chance" There are so many other leagues available and the hierarchy of England has shown it will pick players based in other countries (Harrison at NYC for example)

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Newry FFC on October 10, 2017, 07:20:12 AM
All those English youth players have zero determination to follow through on their dreams; i.e. To play football.
It's the luxury of being part of a team, a squad, not having to stand out, stand up or be relied upon.

The mentality of the English/British players is, it's ok to sit on the bench, collect a wage and continue. It's sickening to see that mentality throughout the UK when you see the opposite somewhere else. It's as if they're all homesick without having tried a different culture.

Is it ignorance of other cultures and languages that stops British players from succeeding abroad? Is it narrow mindedness of them to think that nothing exists outside Little Britain?

It is really irritating to hear fans/ pundits say that the youth aren't getting a chance in the premier league. That league isn't all that.  Bench warming at a big club isn't "getting a chance" There are so many other leagues available and the hierarchy of England has shown it will pick players based in other countries (Harrison at NYC for example)

I was going to bring up Harrison on a different thread but he's a great example. He's 20 has scored 14 in 54 for NYC. What other english 20 year old in a top league (Dele Alli is 21) has a similar record?

epsomraver

NYC do not play in a top league by any imagination

bobbo

The only convincing win 4-0 Malta away. The rest if the games won or drawn very unconvincingly. There's nothing we can do , it's been said a million times way too many foreigners in  our 4 major leagues stifling our youngsters, henceforth many many years we're suffering a. Poor national team
1975 just leaving home full of hope

filham

Bring back Big Sam and a long ball game with Carol up top and Kane alongside him bet we would score a couple of goals a game and not be bored to tears.

bobbo

Quote from: filham on October 10, 2017, 12:22:49 PM
Bring back Big Sam and a long ball game with Carol up top and Kane alongside him bet we would score a couple of goals a game and not be bored to tears.
you could well be right
1975 just leaving home full of hope

sunburywhite

Bring back Joe Mercer, the last time we had a decent England team
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Woolly Mammoth

Joe Mercer had a good record with England, he was a very good man Manager, and he picked lots of flare players and real characters, and the players always looked relaxed when playing for him, he developed a good team spirit, and they played without fear.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Have watched both england games,its enough to put you off watching,passionless,unimaginitive,no motivation.pants