more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The season so far

Started by Max Headroom, October 11, 2017, 03:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

My thoughts on the season so far.

1. Slightly disappointing we aren't a little higher in the league, but a few too many last ten minute goals have been our undoing.
2. On the other side of the coin, being where we are having had a tough start to the season, our best player out injured for most of it and being striker light, is actually not so bad.
3. I always want Bettenelli in goal, but Button has been pretty good.
4. Centre of defence. Good that we have stability but to compensate for Reams ability to play out from the back, he does have some defensive lapses. However, not a major cause for concern, particularly as we have Odoi in reserve.
5. Fredericks' speed is amazing and he can be so lethal going forward, but sometimes he does seem uninterested. Thankfully less than last season. Sess is Sess. Only 17, gets criticism sometimes defensively but I think he has upped his defensive game from last year, and I just love watching him play. He has such a footballing brain. Interesting to see what we do when Soares appears.
6. The midfield has been creaking with no TC. Johansen has stepped up in th past few games, and Norwood is an adequate deputy to TC, but not in the same league (funny how Norwood starts for the superior NI, and Cairney doesn't really get a look in for Scotland). McDonald has been superb all season. We really miss TC.
7. The wingers have been a bit hit and miss. Ojo has had his moments but is still a bit lightweight, although sad to see him injured. To be honest whichever winger you pick, the are all currently of a similar standard, and unfortunately up till now we haven't had a centre forward able to take advantage of the crosses (which could generally improve).
8. Is AK47 going to become our main striker? I'm not sure what people mean when they say he is raw. Quick, will run and run and built like an outhouse, am hoping he silos prolific in front of goal. All reports from his last club wer that we had a really good player. He was excellent at Forest. The jury is out on Fonte due to injuries. The missed penalty is an irrelevance.
9. The production line of youngsters is going strong too. I like the look of Edun, but wouldimmediately get him on loan. I'd like to see Kait, but Slav seems to prefer O Riley. One of he pleasures in life is seeing your club bring through their own talented youngsters. You can see how much Sess looks vs the club, andyou know he means it (even I he leaves in th summer :) )

Changes going forward? TC coming back will make a huge difference. Graham and Mollo on the wings excite me. What do we need in January? Probably just one more striker, and to keep Sess (but for £50m I could probably have my arm twisted, as unless we get promoted he will be leaving next summer anyway.

colinwhite

hovewhite

Agree as well,I think there's a real chance for mollo to come to the fore with his passion to be involved,but he has to make an impact.Graham has a chance now for the shirt after ojo off the radar for injury so a real opportunity if he can  make an impact off the bench as Ayite has to start if fit.
Forward wise think AK47 will prove real deal,fonts think we need to keep him fit somehow as not built for rigorors of the EFL(just my opinion) but great touch with bringing other players to threaten opposition.
Defence wise quite happy.Kevin Mac been superb all season also Stefan seems a slow starter,norwood!impossible any EFL player to fully replace TC,as he is irreplaceable.

filham

A good summary Max Headroom but can't agree that the dreadful penalty from Fonte is insignificant, we are looking for him to be our leading goal scorer this season and expect him to be able to tuck away a penalty in comfort.

Twig

Suite haslookedhead and shoulders our best wide player when he has come off the bench in the last couple of games.  Looking forward to him starting in Ojo's place (no criticism of Ojo intended).

davew

Quote from: filham on October 11, 2017, 05:54:24 PM
A good summary Max Headroom but can't agree that the dreadful penalty from Fonte is insignificant, we are looking for him to be our leading goal scorer this season and expect him to be able to tuck away a penalty in comfort.
Agreed!!! He won't be our leading goal scorer this season, even allowing for the fact that he can take all the penalties!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)